Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Feedback and Suggestions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2015, 08:32:PM   #1
MaxGoal
Club Supporter

MaxGoal is on a distinguished road
Can't insert images! Why?

Hi there.

Whenever I try to insert an image it looks like this:

Why?

I resized it, it has the right format and all that. But still it doesn't work. Not to speak about the option of managing attachments. This always fails when I try it. Don't know why and there's no error message at all. Just a hint that my it has failed to upload my file.
Old 20-05-2015, 12:56:AM   #2
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Images don't end with ".htm". The image you linked to is not an image, it's a website.

This is pretty standard stuff across many forums.

Use the direct link url that ends with ".jpg", like this:

Also, your sig size breaks forum rules. Maximum image signature size is 300px by 100px total.

Article 8: http://soccergaming.com/forums/faq.p..._faq#faq_rules
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 01:01:AM   #3
yoyo913

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I think our attachment service doesn't work. Haven't tried it in years. Everyone uses other uploaders for stuff like that nowadays, like imgur.com.
Old 20-05-2015, 02:04:AM   #4
MaxGoal
Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo913 View Post
Images don't end with ".htm". The image you linked to is not an image, it's a website.

This is pretty standard stuff across many forums.

Use the direct link url that ends with ".jpg", like this:

Also, your sig size breaks forum rules. Maximum image signature size is 300px by 100px total.

Article 8: http://soccergaming.com/forums/faq.p..._faq#faq_rules
Thanks for your help.
But actually I tried any available link that I could use. BB code, direct link, hotlink etc. Nothing worked until now. On the sudden all the pictures I've posted appear in my threads although there is absolutely nothing I changed or edited. Mysterious...

Regarding the signature: I must confess I'm aware of that article 8, but I assumed the signature will be resized automatically as it happens in most forums. And then I saw even moderators here who have signature pictures larger than 300x100. E.g. regularcat who's signature is of 202x238. Isn't that against the rules too?
Anyway I'm going to change that.

Anyway I don'T get the point of this rule if it's allowed to insert pictures with a resolution of 3840 2160 or even higher...

So I'm going to add another suggestion to this post: Implement a resize function for inserted images, signatures and everything else that needs to be resized.

Last edited by MaxGoal; 20-05-2015 at 02:05:AM. Reason: typo
MaxGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 03:04:AM   #5
yoyo913

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoal View Post
On the sudden all the pictures I've posted appear in my threads although there is absolutely nothing I changed or edited. Mysterious...
I looked at some of your old posts and they say "Last edited by regularcat" ... similarly edited just as how you edited your post above and listed "typo" as the reason. He did you the favour of going through your post(s) and changing the invalid image url you provided. So there is that mystery solved.
Old 20-05-2015, 04:55:PM   #6
MaxGoal
Club Supporter

That's sort of kind I guess.

But still, I'd bet my ar*e that I tried every kind of link I was given by that upload page. I know, "errare humanum est". But this only means I'm not human.
Old 20-05-2015, 05:31:PM   #7
yoyo913

Whatever you're alluding to the problem wasn't the forum. It was either the uploaded image being broken or the IMG code tag not being used properly.
Old 22-05-2015, 04:44:AM   #8
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
you are very helpful Horatiu, thanzzz