1. The reigning poster of the year is newbie, who I don't believe anyone has so much as PMed in his entire existence on these boards. Other than that we do generally vote among ourselves because no one else posts so there's no one to vote for and even if there was, come on, we rock.
2. I love the 'I used to think you were cool' line people always use, like Theodorakis here with Fili.
3. Hisashi attests to Calumn and I being nice guys, and I think that deserves to be repeated.
4. Skip is definitely the least interesting regular on the boards (like, come on, his defining trait is that he's Hispanic! He's a Barca fan for crying out loud, they all suck). That's why I don't get why he was being singled out here. I mean, I've worked really hard to be the go-to guy people complain about and it really hurts my feelings that he gets the nod.
5. Why do people keep checking the User CP? Are there cookies there? Anything done in the User CP should be a one-off, like changing your avatar (note that both guys complaining have no avatar or sig), so seeing a gross pic for one second every few months should not be such a big deal. If you're checking the CP regularly to see your reps, maybe you should stop.
6. I don't get why Theo is bothered by a double standard if he has no way of knowing for sure who is leaving him those reps.
7. The forum has lost a lot of traffic, mostly because people just grow out of it. I know a bunch of members who just stopped checking in, but it's not that they left for somewhere else, they just moved on to other things. I think the fault lies mostly on the main site. The forums themselves are pretty lenient and much more welcoming than most large forums. The thing is that for many of us the best thing about the forum has nothing to do with gaming, we stuck around for the community. But that doesn't change the fact that people come here for what the site offers, and only a small fraction ever checks what else is there. The Fifa forums are still active but those guys come in for specific reasons and rarely care about anything else.
8. regularcat for the win. Where is that thread where yoyo exposed him for faking a girlfriend?
One of the better posts of late. Even though it is off topic.
Regarding 2. and 7., while I get what you're saying I just don't think that there's too much sense in looking back and belaboring the point unless it is really worth it. The standard has to be accepted as being what it currently is. Your point about being the "what else is there" section on a PC gaming forum is true but that is unlikely to change. Having said that, this section would have been created with that knowledge - just to provide a lounge type setting, not to drive the forum itself. I don't see the problem with it functioning in the same light so to speak.
As far as PC gaming goes, I don't think it is going anywhere anytime soon. So there should be an influx of potential long-term community members. That, though, just won't be in the kind of numbers that will allow for the (non-FIFA) forum traffic to go up. That is unavoidable but given that FIFA is the priority, the "Other" section should just be adding on to the bulk of the flow. Keeping visitors requires indulging conversation that is not too serious - no serious folk play computer games.
Only reason I'm here is to make my FIFA/PES experience better. Most of us are here for this reason I guess. That's why FIFA forums are active, simple as that. And there are still a lot of PC gamers, how come its dead?
Originally Posted by 4ndr3i
So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.
This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"
If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
not to defend myself, because there's no excuse for a badmouth, but I never badmouthed silencer, never badmouthed Tom, regularcat, AndreaPirlo, leungtl, bobby, etc..
I had a clash with azrael because he changed my username to an appropriate one like we were close friends and then told me to live with it, I have a clash with yoyo because as he admitted he leaves porn/inappropriate content in usercp when the rules he have to comply dictates otherwise, and the only time I have a clash with Alex is now (even though he called me a fucker out of blue previously), because he's the head of this forum and just watches these things like a spectator.
go figure; this is a 15 year-old forum, domain name is soccergaming.tv, easy to search, easy to reach.. one of the easiest forums to read and it has a very user friendly interface.. it has to have hundreds of thousand members here now, so why the hell is it empty, there's something wrong.. only fifa forums are active, getting updated and posted constantly because they have been moderated decently..
Originally Posted by Turk123
Bobby you are so repulsive , is Huge Grant your father?
genius Best Poster of the Year 2008 Most Original Poster of the Year 2008 The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008 Best Thread of the YearCrouch Named England Captain 2008 Best Greenlandic Member 2005 ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
maybe since we have been living together for years i should get a second internet connection so that when she registers to forums she has her own ip address.
the image proves nothing other than the refusal to accept the truth.
The only thing that I was trying to prove was that it supposedly disappeared out of thin air, but I managed to get those posts...
Originally Posted by regularcat
what is there to bring out, there are 2 members here at the forum i am close with, one being evolution and the other jschuck and they will both tell you who i am and how i am and it is the same here at the forum and outside the forum.
i don't understand what you think you are trying to do yoyo beyond acting like an ass.
if you think doing this type of shit will get me upset you are terribly mistaken as i simply do not give a shit about what a bunch of members from some internet forum really think about me or what they think they know about me.
remember i never asked to be mod, i was selected to be one, the choice was yours along with the rest of the mods.
if you really want to do your supermod duty try acting on the spam bans and piracy/broken rules i post about in the mods forum that are still not taken care of.
surely it is you who needs help, the one who changes his name and forum nickname more than he does his underwear.
Originally Posted by regularcat
no, i have a child how and why would a homo get a woman pregnant dipshit ?
and the use of homo in a derogatory manner here at this forum is against the rules, now lets all sit back and watch yoyo or whatever name he is going by now do absolutely nothing as usual.
Originally Posted by regularcat
not sure whats so funny, to know and to follow are 2 different things, how many here do you see following the rules to a t nim, you surely do not, not one of the admins, super mods or mods besides keegan follows them.
members run a muck around here so whats the difference of whether or not i do also.