Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 12 Forum > FIFA 12 PC Editing Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.14 average. Display Modes
Old 31-10-2011, 01:38:AM   #53
cubby
Youth Team

cubby is on a distinguished road
That should help to get more subs. It is odd that they used a value of 1 for player must rest. Wonder why that was used. Perhaps changing it to a higher value breaks something? Worth testing if you want more subs.
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 03:13:AM   #54
KaseyKeller
Youth Team

KaseyKeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby View Post
That should help to get more subs. It is odd that they used a value of 1 for player must rest. Wonder why that was used. Perhaps changing it to a higher value breaks something? Worth testing if you want more subs.
I haven't tested but I wonder if those lines refer only to squad selection before the match, not in game subs. It's definitely worth testing however.

My guess is they used a value of 1 because teams with small rosters had weird selection issues when forcing all tired players to rest.
KaseyKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 04:01:PM   #55
figu
Youth Team

figu has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to figu
Can anyone help me how can i change the transfer sum format? This is so disturbing. Sorry my bad english.

So i want this example:
12.565.465.132 Euro

Not this:
12565465132 Euro

It's possible? Thanks a lot.
Old 31-10-2011, 04:29:PM   #56
kornetbeef
Youth Team

kornetbeef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ha, good point, maybe it is unknown. I know regularcat's mod renamed all of the cups, so I though there was a place somewhere in the database that had the information and maybe an id to tie them to the settings file.
It's very easy to rename the cups, you just need to edit the eng_us.db with DBmaster, however the cup IDs are not there (the DB only have the names).

You should look at compobj.txt, it holds all of tournament structure and define the IDs of Cup.

Last edited by kornetbeef; 31-10-2011 at 04:32:PM.
kornetbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 04:42:PM   #57
regularcat
Manager

regularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornetbeef View Post
It's very easy to rename the cups, you just need to edit the eng_us.db with DBmaster, however the cup IDs are not there (the DB only have the names).

You should look at compobj.txt, it holds all of tournament structure and define the IDs of Cup.
id the ids are there.

the string name is trophy_xx, xx is the id.

champions league - 223
europa league - 224
epl - 13
etc.
Old 31-10-2011, 04:50:PM   #58
kornetbeef
Youth Team

kornetbeef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by regularcat View Post
id the ids are there.

the string name is trophy_xx, xx is the id.

champions league - 223
europa league - 224
epl - 13
etc.
Ah, yeah my bad. I forgot that the xx indeed the IDs of the cup. I mixed up with the unique IDs in the tournament files. Thanks for clarifying.
kornetbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 04:56:PM   #59
regularcat
Manager

regularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornetbeef View Post
Ah, yeah my bad. I forgot that the xx indeed the IDs of the cup. I mixed up with the unique IDs in the tournament files. Thanks for clarifying.
yea no problem bro, all you had to do was ask.
Old 31-10-2011, 05:19:PM   #60
cubby
Youth Team

cubby is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys for the information. Still need to do more work to see how big the bonuses are for cups. They seem ok for now, I think at least. I like that your funds can be raised from doing good in competitions, it just may be too generous.
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 05:34:PM   #61
x119
Youth Team

x119 is on a distinguished road
What if we reduce greatly (80-90%) all initial transfer budget of teams so that in the first year they won't do big movement for sure?

There will be problems with payments at the end of the year?

Ok cubby take a look to cup bonuses, if they seem too high, perhaps we should decrease also them!
Then if someone could test my sub fix since I can't play in these days...and it would mean a lot for me!

Waiting for Exocyst discovery of the day (about wages of top players)

As usually thanks to all!
x119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 05:48:PM   #62
Exocyst
Youth Team

Exocyst is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Zonal Marking is a nice blog, thanks for sharing. When doing your positional changes, did you find the gameplay more dynamic for non-attack players? One thing the "other game" always has done better is to involve other non attacking players in the action. FIFA has been a little too stiff in that regard.
So far, I love it. I find it lets the fullbacks overlap without even messing with fullback height slider. I also set high lines for Chelsea and Arsenal and those too really attack your passing lanes. It also emphasizes the midfield play. I play on legendary with USER and CPU Marking at 70, so it makes you want to hit it long when you can't get through the defense, which is why teams do it. I enjoy it, but it might not suit the tastes of others. Here it is if you want to try it:

DB file (with EPL formations and tactics updated).

You should first backup your current customized squads file, so I suggest you back up your squads with your current database loaded first. In game:
(MY FIFA 12)-->(FIFA 12 PROFILE)-->(SAVE / LOAD /DELETE)-->(SAVE)-->(SQUADS).
To try this DB file takes 1 additional step. After backing up and replacing your current DB file with this one, regenerate as usual. Then, once in the game you need to go to:
(CUSTOMIZE FIFA)-->(EDIT TEAMS)-->(CHANGE SQUADS/ROSTERS-->(RESET ALL SQUADS).
This step will override the form settings in the database, which I have not figured out how to edit successfully yet. Because I haven't figured out how to make substitutions in the database with out crashing the game, some players are out of position, but once in manager mode, the CPU will put the guys it thinks belongs in the positions for CPU teams. Also, I got rid of Financial fairplay in this version because I corrupted my other database, but so far the changes below and the transfers.ini I posted before have been keeping transfers reduced.

Playervalues.ini. Here is an updated version of Player Valuations to encourage player movement when their contracts are short, and discourage when their deals are longer. I reduced the reduction during the last 6 months, and made some other changes to balance this a bit. Have a look.

Playerwages.ini Here is some changes I made to the wages to scale up the wages at the very top clubs, and for the very top players. This may help slow their movement, and creates a challenge for managing at a top club. I'm also hoping it will slow players leaving from big clubs to take less at a smaller club, which is rare in real life. I added a bunch of scales to the CLUB PRESTIGE section, which the game seems to handle just fine. Have a look and compare to the default file to see what I mean. This is important because it could be applied to other files.

Youthscout.ini I made a quick change to reduce 50% the appearance of platinum level players in most regions. To slow the overtaking of current players by youth players. This may be less necessary if we can figure out how to fix the darn growth curves.

Please feel free to use these files in any way you like without so much of a mention of me. I only share them because they have improved my experience, and I hope they will improve yours.

Last edited by Exocyst; 01-11-2011 at 04:13:PM.
Exocyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 05:53:PM   #63
Exocyst
Youth Team

Exocyst is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by figu View Post
Can anyone help me how can i change the transfer sum format? This is so disturbing. Sorry my bad english.

So i want this example:
12.565.465.132 Euro

Not this:
12565465132 Euro

It's possible? Thanks a lot.
This maybe possible Figu, but I don't think any of the career mode .ini files can control how to display the transfer sum. Sorry. I'll keep my eyes peeled if I find something, though.
Exocyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 05:55:PM   #64
x119
Youth Team

x119 is on a distinguished road
I was not mistaken!
What a post of quality!
Friend, I can't try your files ingame but sure I will take a look into them to see what have you done!

Thanks!!

@Figu: Days ago I found something about the conversion and other things such as dd mm yyyy, I'll let you know if there is something about it..

Last edited by x119; 31-10-2011 at 05:58:PM.
x119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 06:33:PM   #65
KaseyKeller
Youth Team

KaseyKeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocyst View Post
Youthscout.ini I made a quick change to reduce 50% the appearance of platinum level players in most regions. To slow the overtaking of current players by youth players. This may be less necessary if we can figure out how to fix the darn growth curves.
I haven't made much progress in getting changes to player_growth.ini to have an effect in game. I did do some testing in game though and one interesting observation regarding physical growth. It's been reported that the physical growth curves are way off but I think part of the issue is the large number of players that start with high physical attributes.

Most of the physical attributes have at least 200 players in the DB with a rating of 90+. If you look at other non-physical attributes there are only a handful with a starting rating of 90+.

I'd still like to cut off growth for physical attributes at a much younger age though. Currently they grow physical attributes until they turn 28 but I'd like to see this flatten out at ~ 22. The physical attributes should also be the first to decline which doesn't appear to be the case.
KaseyKeller is offline   Reply With Quote