This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home


Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 12 Forum > FIFA 12 PC Editing Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.14 average. Display Modes
Old 25-10-2011, 03:16:PM   #14
KaseyKeller
Youth Team
 
KaseyKeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 113
KaseyKeller is on a distinguished road
I used FM 12 to extract it.

The process for editing and regeneterating is exactly what you explained. It helps to make a backup of the files before you edit though. That way you can revert to the default values without having to re-export from data1.big if you change something you don't like.
KaseyKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 05:55:PM   #15
cubby
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glendale, WI.
Posts: 113
cubby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseyKeller View Post
I used FM 12 to extract it.

The process for editing and regeneterating is exactly what you explained. It helps to make a backup of the files before you edit though. That way you can revert to the default values without having to re-export from data1.big if you change something you don't like.
Thanks a bunch! I thought I was doing this, but apparently I am doing something wrong. Will try again tonight....
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 05:58:PM   #16
Mangiacapra
Reserve Team
 
Mangiacapra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 949
Mangiacapra is an unknown quantity at this point
Use the "ArtMoney", you can put any budget..
__________________
Blaugrana al vent
Un crit valent
Tenim un nom que el sap tothom

Bara, Bara, Bara !
Mangiacapra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 06:14:PM   #17
KaseyKeller
Youth Team
 
KaseyKeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 113
KaseyKeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby View Post
Thanks a bunch! I thought I was doing this, but apparently I am doing something wrong. Will try again tonight....
Keep in mind that it may require a new career to see the changes. I suspect it will also change during a career when the end of season "creating competitions" is running but not positive. In this case, you wouldn't see the changes take effect until the end of the next season.
KaseyKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 06:38:PM   #18
x119
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363
x119 is on a distinguished road
Could someone post his setting.ini? If he has edited all the league's budget!
x119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 07:37:PM   #19
cubby
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glendale, WI.
Posts: 113
cubby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseyKeller View Post
Keep in mind that it may require a new career to see the changes. I suspect it will also change during a career when the end of season "creating competitions" is running but not positive. In this case, you wouldn't see the changes take effect until the end of the next season.
Thanks KK. I have been trying this and then starting a new career, but will keep these things in mind.
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 09:07:PM   #20
KaseyKeller
Youth Team
 
KaseyKeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 113
KaseyKeller is on a distinguished road
Is anyone else trying to edit career mode? I'm trying to fix several other annoyances but not having much luck. Wondering if anyone else is trying the same things so maybe we can share info and testing.

Specifically I'd like to:

- Change growth curve for physical attributes so they don't increase (or slow down dramatically) after age 24. I've tried editing the growth curves in the ini but they don't seem to have any effect.

- Make transfers smarter. It seems like there is no decision making parameters for teams selling players. As long as the offer is high enough (which is 100% of the time for CPU to CPU offers) they make the sale. This results in teams shuffling players around unnecessarily. They sell a highly rated striker and then replace him with a striker who has the exact same ratings.

I've successfully reduced the number of high cost transfers but when they do occur they are still not realistic.
KaseyKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 03:20:PM   #21
cubby
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glendale, WI.
Posts: 113
cubby is on a distinguished road
I think I know what I am doing now, so I will try to test this out. Time is a little limited, but I will see what I can do.
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 08:21:PM   #22
Exocyst
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 152
Exocyst is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseyKeller View Post
- Make transfers smarter. It seems like there is no decision making parameters for teams selling players. As long as the offer is high enough (which is 100% of the time for CPU to CPU offers) they make the sale. This results in teams shuffling players around unnecessarily. They sell a highly rated striker and then replace him with a striker who has the exact same ratings.

I've successfully reduced the number of high cost transfers but when they do occur they are still not realistic.
I also dislike the player decision making process. Could we make the player's decision smarter? Perhaps by editing the transfers.ini (not transfer.ini) file, we can decrease elite player CPU-->CPU moves. I have noticed in this file several interesting parameters:

From transfers.ini
Quote:
MINPLAYERDECISIONSCORELOWERRANGE=100
MINPLAYERDECISIONSCOREUPPERRANGE=160

BESTPLAYERFORPOSITION=50

HIGHCLUBIDENTITYWITHCURRENTCLUB=-175
ISOFFERINGTEAMXSTARTEAM=75

NOTBESTPLAYERFORPOSITION=-20
PLAYERHASSAMENATIONALITYASOFFERINGTEAM=20
POSITIONAVAILABLEFORMAINROLE=40
POSITIONNOTAVAILABLEFORMAINROLE=-30

TOPXPLAYERONCURRENTTEAM=-5
ISTRANSFERLISTED=175
Honestly, though, this file may only affect CPU-->USER transfers and not CPU-->CPU transfers, but it bears some investigation.

Also, I think we should turn up wages in playerwages.ini significantly for elite players, which should make their elite player CPU-->CPU transfers more difficult (because more of their money will be tied up in wages). I think we could make high international prestige players get payed more and make top clubs pay more.

From playerwages.ini:
Quote:
[WAGE_CLUB_PRESTIGE]
MAX = 20 // The maximum value club prestige can be
MIN = 0 // The minimum value club prestige can be
PRESTIGE_1 = 3 // Players club prestige inclusively less than this value
PRESTIGE_1_VAL = -90 // Percentage change
PRESTIGE_2 = 5
PRESTIGE_2_VAL = -60
PRESTIGE_3 = 15
PRESTIGE_3_VAL = 0
PRESTIGE_4 = 17
PRESTIGE_4_VAL = 25
PRESTIGE_5 = 20
PRESTIGE_5_VAL = 50

[WAGE_INT_REPUTATION]
MAX = 5 // The maximum value international prestige can be
MIN = 0 // The minimum value international prestige can be

REPUTATION_1 = 1 // Players international prestige inclusively less than this value
REPUTATION_1_VAL = -20
REPUTATION_2 = 2
REPUTATION_2_VAL = -10
REPUTATION_3 = 3
REPUTATION_3_VAL = 0
REPUTATION_4 = 4
REPUTATION_4_VAL = 15
REPUTATION_5 = 5
REPUTATION_5_VAL = 30
Also, we could tune player value calculations for players on long versus short contracts:
Default [CONTRACT] section from playervalues.ini
Quote:
[CONTRACT]
CONTRACT_1 = 1 // Players contract remaining length
CONTRACT_1_VAL = 0 // Percentage change for contract
CONTRACT_2 = 2
CONTRACT_2_VAL = 10
CONTRACT_3 = 3
CONTRACT_3_VAL = 20
CONTRACT_4 = 4
CONTRACT_4_VAL = 20
CONTRACT_5 = 5
CONTRACT_5_VAL = 20
CONTRACT_6 = 6
CONTRACT_6_VAL = 20
CONTRACT_7 = 8
CONTRACT_7_VAL = 20
CONTRACT_8 = 10
CONTRACT_8_VAL = 20
CONTRACT_9 = 11
CONTRACT_9_VAL = 20
CONTRACT_10 = 100 // Stupidly high on purpose
CONTRACT_10_VAL = 20
I suggest something like this:
Quote:
[CONTRACT]
CONTRACT_1 = 1 // Players contract remaining length
CONTRACT_1_VAL = -25 // Players on the last year of their deal are often sold for 1/2 value
CONTRACT_2 = 2
CONTRACT_2_VAL = 10 //Players with 2 year deals are slightly more valuable
CONTRACT_3 = 3
CONTRACT_3_VAL = 20 //Players with 3 year deals are even more valuable
CONTRACT_4 = 4
CONTRACT_4_VAL = 40 //Players with 4 year deals are not likely to be sold for cheap
CONTRACT_5 = 5
CONTRACT_5_VAL = 60 //Players with 5 year deals are not likely to be sold at all
CONTRACT_6 = 6
CONTRACT_6_VAL = 75 //Players with 6 year deals are not leaving
CONTRACT_7 = 8
CONTRACT_7_VAL = 75 //Players with 7 year deals are not leaving
CONTRACT_8 = 10
CONTRACT_8_VAL = 75 //Players with 10 year deals are not leaving
CONTRACT_9 = 11
CONTRACT_9_VAL = 75 //Players with 11 year deals are not leaving
CONTRACT_10 = 100 // Stupidly high on purpose
CONTRACT_10_VAL = 75 //Players with 11+ year deals are not leaving
If this thing can handle half steps (CONTRACT =0.5), we could even stimulate transfer movement for players who run down their contracts by reducing their price by 40-60% (which is realistic: Example: Bolton's Gary Cahill's price went from 16.5m to <8m as he will be in the last 6 months of his contract come January). I bet this can solve the absurd movement problem by making players on shorter (0-2 years) the only players who are affordable, and making stars on long deals (Rooney, etc.) super expensive, which they realistically are.

Last edited by Exocyst; 28-10-2011 at 10:12:PM.
Exocyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 09:46:PM   #23
cubby
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glendale, WI.
Posts: 113
cubby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocyst View Post
I also dislike the player decision making process. Could we make the player's decision smarter? Perhaps by editing the transfers.ini (not transfer.ini) file, we can decrease elite player CPU-->CPU moves. I have noticed in this file several interesting parameters:

From transfers.ini


Honestly, though, this file may only affect CPU-->USER transfers and not CPU-->CPU transfers, but it bears some investigation.

Also, I think we should turn up wages in playerwages.ini significantly for elite players, which should make their elite player CPU-->CPU transfers more difficult (because more of their money will be tied up in wages). I think we could make high international prestige players get payed more and make top clubs pay more.

From playerwages.ini:
Exo, what do the VAL numbers represent? Is that percent change in a players worth financially based on prestige and reputation?
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 10:59:PM   #24
Exocyst
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 152
Exocyst is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby View Post
Exo, what do the VAL numbers represent? Is that percent change in a players worth financially based on prestige and reputation?
It depends on which file you are talking about.

If you are talking about playerwages.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the base salary for a player of that overall. For instance, a player with an overall rating of 81 has 40000/wk base salary. If he has a top international rating (REPUTATION_5 = 5), then his salary is scaled up by 30% (REPUTATION_5_VAL = 30). If he plays for the best club (PRESTIGE_5 = 20), then his salary is scaled up another 50% (PRESTIGE_5_VAL = 50). So, if we want to calculate his actual salary it would be 40,000 + 40,000*0.30 + 40,000*0.50 = 72,000 / week.

If you are talking about playervalues.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the transfer value of a player. For a player who is 81 overall this base value is 7.9m. If he has a 5 year contract (CONTRACT_5 = 5), then his value is scaled up 20% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 20). So, his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.20 = 9.48m.

I suggest we increase this scale value further to prevent players on 5 year deals (CONTRACT_5 = 5) moving by scaling it their value 60% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 60). So, under my adjusted system his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.50 = 11.85m.

So, my thinking is this would stimulate the computer to instead opt for a player on a shorter contract rather than overpaying for the guys on long deals.

Last edited by Exocyst; 29-10-2011 at 05:22:PM.
Exocyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 01:39:AM   #25
cubby
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glendale, WI.
Posts: 113
cubby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocyst View Post
It depends on which file you are talking about.

If you are talking about playerwages.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the base salary for a player of that overall. For instance, a player with an overall rating of 81 has 40000/wk base salary. If he has a top international rating (REPUTATION_5 = 5), then his salary is scaled up by 30% (REPUTATION_5_VAL = 30). If he plays for the best club (PRESTIGE_5 = 20), then his salary is scaled up another 50% (PRESTIGE_5_VAL = 50). So, if we want to calculate his actual salary it would be 40,000 + 40,000*0.30 + 40,000*0.50 = 72,000 / week.

If you are talking about playervalues.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the transfer value of a player. For a player who is 81 overall this base value is 7.9m. If he has a 5 year contract (CONTRACT_5 = 5), then his value is scaled up 20% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 20). So, his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.20 = 9.48m.

I suggest we increase this scale value further to prevent players on 5 year deals (CONTRACT_5 = 5) moving by scaling it their value 60% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 60). So, under my adjusted system his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.50 = 11.85m.

So, my thinking is this would stimulate the computer would instead opt for a player on a shorter contract rather than overpaying for the guys on long deals.
Thanks for the explanation!
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 04:35:AM   #26
akim0908
Youth Team
 
akim0908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 138
akim0908 is on a distinguished road
is there any way to edit the scouted players
i mean the players that we get from scouting ????
like untuck the player's shirt???
__________________
I believe and keep faith to Allah,,
Takbir!!!!
Allahu Akbar,,

akim0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:47:PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
You Rated this Thread: