This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 12 Forum > FIFA 12 PC Editing Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.14 average. Display Modes
Old 21-10-2011, 01:16:PM   #1
KaseyKeller
Youth Team

KaseyKeller is on a distinguished road
Career Mode Editing

Index of Career Mode Edited Files - Updated 11/1

------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, I am not looking to cheat and get a bigger budget. I noticed in career mode that the budget increases greatly after each season. much more than it should. In simming a test season with Chelsea the budget went from ~$80m to ~$180m regardless of whether I met the goals or not. With Tottenham it goes from ~$35m to ~$90m. I've tested with different teams and different board difficulties with the same results.

This increase is obviously way too much so I was wondering if

a) is anybody else seeing this issue?

and

b) How to reduce it.

I tried editing the parameters below in cmsettings.ini but they seem to only partially solve the problem.

Code:
BUDGET_BONUS_SIGNIFICANTLY_FAILED = 50			// Bonus percent at the EOS if the manager significantly failed against season objectives.
BUDGET_BONUS_FAILED = 75						// Bonus percent at the EOS if the manager failed against season objectives.
BUDGET_BONUS_FULFILLED = 100						// Bonus percent at the EOS if the manager fulfilled against season objectives.
BUDGET_BONUS_OVERACHIEVED = 110					// Bonus percent at the EOS if the manager overachieved against season objectives.
BUDGET_BONUS_SIGNIFICANTLY_OVERACHIEVED = 120	// Bonus percent at the EOS if the manager significantly overachieved against season objectives.
Editing these down to 1 reduces the budget increase at the end of season but I am still seeing a substantial budget increase in May right after the EPL season ends.

Any ideas?

Last edited by KaseyKeller; 02-11-2011 at 03:52:AM.
KaseyKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 04:29:PM   #2
SgarbaX
Club Supporter

SgarbaX is on a distinguished road
yes this this is very unrealistic, maybe putting a - near the budget numbers could work eg:
BUDGET_BONUS_SIGNIFICANTLY_FAILED = -15
and so on.
SgarbaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 06:37:PM   #3
KaseyKeller
Youth Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgarbaX View Post
yes this this is very unrealistic, maybe putting a - near the budget numbers could work eg:
BUDGET_BONUS_SIGNIFICANTLY_FAILED = -15
and so on.
I tried that. Putting a zero or any negative number makes the budget $0.
Old 21-10-2011, 07:03:PM   #4
Heine
Club Supporter

Heine is on a distinguished road
Yes my brothers where you're going to change the team budgets?
Heine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 02:58:AM   #5
KaseyKeller
Youth Team

OK I found out where to make the change. In \FIFA Soccer 12\Game\dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEn g\data\compdata there is a file called settings.txt. This file controls the various settings for the competitions. Each competition has a line:

Code:
6,info_prize_money,2000000
6,info_prize_money_drop,50
If you adjust this it will change the bonus a team gets when the competition ends. So if you adjust it to 0 for the league competitions, teams will no longer get that big bonus right when the season ends.
Old 22-10-2011, 09:39:AM   #6
andresdoom
Club Supporter

andresdoom is on a distinguished road
emmm Sorry for the Off topic.. But if anyone can help me, Waaa you save my life!

Editing my data0.big i remove a setting archive and i don't make a backup of the .big file... the game don't starts !

Anyone can give me the original data0.big and the bh PLease??

Sorry for the off topic!
andresdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 04:32:PM   #7
cubby
Youth Team

cubby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseyKeller View Post
OK I found out where to make the change. In \FIFA Soccer 12\Game\dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEn g\data\compdata there is a file called settings.txt. This file controls the various settings for the competitions. Each competition has a line:

Code:
If you adjust this it will change the bonus a team gets when the competition ends. So if you adjust it to 0 for the league competitions, teams will no longer get that big bonus right when the season ends.
Great work to find this out KK!
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 12:59:AM   #8
SgarbaX
Club Supporter

Quote:

Code:
mhh i dont'see such file , i have board.ini, commentators.ini,fitness.ini, but no setting.txt
i found a settings.txt .in data1.big, extracted decompressed with quickbms, and actually the string is there, when edited, should i put it in FootballCompEng\data\compdata and refresh?

I noted that there are a bunch of info_prize_money :
49,info_prize_money,2400000
49,info_prize_money_drop,100
60,info_prize_money,2500000
60,info_prize_money_drop,100
and so on , don't know if we could lower all these to 0 and what they mean...
any clues KaseyKeller ?

Last edited by SgarbaX; 23-10-2011 at 01:27:AM.
Old 23-10-2011, 02:10:PM   #9
KaseyKeller
Youth Team

Quote:
mhh i dont'see such file , i have board.ini, commentators.ini,fitness.ini, but no setting.txt
i found a settings.txt .in data1.big, extracted decompressed with quickbms, and actually the string is there, when edited, should i put it in FootballCompEng\data\compdata and refresh?

I noted that there are a bunch of info_prize_money :
49,info_prize_money,2400000
49,info_prize_money_drop,100
60,info_prize_money,2500000
60,info_prize_money_drop,100
and so on , don't know if we could lower all these to 0 and what they mean...
any clues KaseyKeller ?
Yes, you have to extract it from data1.big. It needs to go in \FIFA Soccer 12\Game\dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEn g\data\compdata and then regenerate the bh files.

The file lists all competitions (leagues, cups, etc) so each competition has it's own entry. The leagues are easy to identify as their asset_id in settings.txt matches their leagueid found in the database. The cups are a little harder to identify.

For my purposes I'm removing all the prize money for the leagues but leaving it intact for the cups.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:54:AM   #10
SgarbaX
Club Supporter

Quote:
Yes, you have to extract it from data1.big. It needs to go in \FIFA Soccer 12\Game\dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEn g\data\compdata and then regenerate the bh files.

The file lists all competitions (leagues, cups, etc) so each competition has it's own entry. The leagues are easy to identify as their asset_id in settings.txt matches their leagueid found in the database. The cups are a little harder to identify.

For my purposes I'm removing all the prize money for the leagues but leaving it intact for the cups.
does info_prize_money under thr league id refer to a bonus for every win or just for the end of the season?
In last case we could assign money following the final standig eg
1079,info_prize_money,1st,100000
1079,info_prize_money,2nd,50000 etc etc
Old 24-10-2011, 06:33:PM   #11
KaseyKeller
Youth Team

Quote:
does info_prize_money under thr league id refer to a bonus for every win or just for the end of the season?
In last case we could assign money following the final standig eg
1079,info_prize_money,1st,100000
1079,info_prize_money,2nd,50000 etc etc
I believe it's just end of the season. I'm not sure if you can have entries for where a team finishes in the table. I'm pretty happy with my current setup though. I have all leagues set to 0 and am managing the EOS bonus using the values in transfers.ini which is based on your performance vs the board objectives.
Old 24-10-2011, 10:37:PM   #12
SgarbaX
Club Supporter

Quote:
I believe it's just end of the season. I'm not sure if you can have entries for where a team finishes in the table. I'm pretty happy with my current setup though. I have all leagues set to 0 and am managing the EOS bonus using the values in transfers.ini which is based on your performance vs the board objectives.
Ok i will try with your settings, 0 to all leagues.
I have one question , did you noticed the 16 years old limit?
I mean , just found one good 15yo player, would like to make him play , but it says that's too young for the first team.
Another unreal point, to me.For example Freddy Adu was playing at 14 some years ago in MSL.Do you know if there's a walkaround about this?Maybe in some ini files?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by SgarbaX; 24-10-2011 at 10:39:PM.
Old 25-10-2011, 03:07:PM   #13
cubby
Youth Team

cubby is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hopefully it is ok to ask the process you are using to extract the file from data1.big? I can't get Texture Editor 12 to work, does FM 12 work to do this? I can get Texture Editor 11 to work, although I am not sure if it works with FIFA 12 files, thinking it does not.

Also do you extract the file to the above listed save location, edit the values there after extraction, save the changes to this location, then regenerate the files for this to be seen in game?

In learning how to use these tools, regeneration of files tells the game to look in the new folder location instead of the big file where the old file values used to be? Does that make sense?

Thanks if you can help or explain, appreciate you finding this information out for the community!
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote