Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 3.87 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 09:40:PM   #14
VanTheMan
You'd better behave yourself this time!

VanTheMan could be mistaken for XifioVanTheMan could be mistaken for XifioVanTheMan could be mistaken for Xifio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rony31 View Post
I didn't realize King's shadow could actually speak, well done.

We were missing a ****load of players, but Mancini made tons of managerial mistakes today. We deserved the 3 points but even Lady Luck seems to be jealous by our spending power, so what can you do.
It's King's Mentor dufus !

and ya...
I really dont feel Mancini is the right guy..
you guys currently have a team with the best english core.
A good manager will really make your club go places...
Mancini seems to be really makin many mistakes and i guess he aint too famous in the dressing either right ?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58:PM   #15
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
haha "ain't too famous"

You sound like a cockney

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:32:AM   #16
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
Maybe he needs time for the team to gel. It'll take at least 3-4 months before that happens. Lets wait and see. I'm sure they'll have a good 2nd half of the season.
Old 13-09-2010, 09:50:PM   #17
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
You know, I quite like Kenwyne Jones. Anyone who watches the middling clubs care to share an opinion? Everytime I've seen him I come away impressed.

Old 13-09-2010, 10:13:PM   #18
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
He's a good target man, but he's got a pretty unique explosiveness about him as well, I've seen him chest a ball down and then leave the defender behind a lot of times. Seems to have ego problems, though, he's definitely quite selfish. At first the Bent and jones partnership looked awesome, and Bent was able to play off of Jones a lot, but I think Jones preferred to be the finisher, and that wasn't going to work.

I think he's a good coup for Pulis. Definitely a good striker, but he's more of a physical specimen than anything else. Not much of a passer, and there are a lot of other target men who are better headers and finishers. Decent dribbling and excellent first touch though. Pretty standard target man with limited technique. A very poor man's Drogba, to oversimplify.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 10:56:PM   #19
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Interesting. Yeah that's about the impression I've gotten. Certainly no where near Drogba's class, but I can see the simplified comparison. I was saying in the Man U thread how I saw Nani play against Bayern and got a "woah, this guy is reallllly good" feeling like I very seldom do. Other players who have given me that were Messi in the 2006 World Cup (limited minutes, but it was still just like "holy **** this kid is going to be a superstar"), Drogba probably in his first or second year at Chelsea, Ronaldo probably in his first or second year at United, and... that's basically it that I can remember right now.

Old 14-09-2010, 02:25:PM   #20
VanTheMan

VanTheMan could be mistaken for XifioVanTheMan could be mistaken for XifioVanTheMan could be mistaken for Xifio
Yeah Nim,
I had seen him play long back for Southampton and considering his size and Structure, he seems to have good decent pace and strength in the air too.

I have a funny feeling about such players who dont make it so great...
Cause the big clubs wont ever play them.

This guy would have been / can be a huge hit in the same mould as Dwight Yorke if he plays at a big club...
For a team with long balls..there aint a better target man than him..
Old 14-09-2010, 04:17:PM   #21
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemantra View Post
For a team with long balls..there aint a better target man than him..
Nah, I can think of a few in the Prem alone. Carlton Cole is better, and Drogba is miles ahead of him. I'd say Carew might be better, too. He doesn't have the technique to be a first-choice player at a CL club. Europa league at most.

Still a good player, though, just not complete enough. I think Stoke is a good club for him, haven't had much chance to watch them yet, but I hope to see him and Fuller player together soon. Good players, both of them.

Old 14-09-2010, 05:52:PM   #22
VanTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Nah, I can think of a few in the Prem alone. Carlton Cole is better, and Drogba is miles ahead of him. I'd say Carew might be better, too. He doesn't have the technique to be a first-choice player at a CL club. Europa league at most.

Still a good player, though, just not complete enough. I think Stoke is a good club for him, haven't had much chance to watch them yet, but I hope to see him and Fuller player together soon. Good players, both of them.
even dwight yorke played for a average aston villa team and went on to play some amazing football for united..
its that presence some players have
but the market nowadays prevents clubs taking risks..

for us united fans, javier hernandez is still a risk...a few good games and good prospects...but you never know..
Old 14-09-2010, 06:42:PM   #23
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Quote:
even dwight yorke played for a average aston villa team and went on to play some amazing football for united..

for us united fans, javier hernandez is still a risk...a few good games and good prospects...but you never know..
I'm not saying players can't make the jump. You're just thinking about the idea of Kenwyne Jones, and not the actual player. Kenwyne Jones is not good enough to play at any top club. Dwight Yorke was.

Old 15-09-2010, 01:47:AM   #24
Pogba4Now

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

lol I bet a better comparison would be Louis Saha. Wasn't a top player but did well for us. He was as good as our other players.

Yorke used to score 20+ goals a season for Villa.
Old 18-09-2010, 12:56:AM   #25
Xifio
The Von Trapps

Xifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for Xifio

I love the 3D graphic stuff for the new intro ... but this song has been stuck in my head for a while now -- anyone know who it's by or what it's called?

Xifio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 02:03:PM   #26
Pogba4Now

wow thats an awesome intro.