Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum > Older Football Manager Titles Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2006, 12:09:AM   #1
gamerguy350
Reserve Team

gamerguy350 will become famous soon enough
Success Story

Alright, a bit of a success story here.

Usually I like to focus on the financial aspect of the game, managing the money, getting good deals on transfers and the like, so I just download a tactic and work from there.

This time around I decided to try making my own tactic, so I made a 4-1-3-1. Playing as Man Utd, I acquired Hargreavs and my line up is

VDS

Neville Ferdinand Vidic/Heinze Evra

Hargreaves

Ronaldo Scholes Giggs/Ji Sung Park

Rooney Saha

I also have Carrick go in for Scholes if we are winning comfortably, just to slow thing down.

The thing is, usually I win a lot of games with the downloaded tactic. I'm winning with my own! In second place on a 10 game win streak (behind Chelsea, this is with FM Weegie update so they have an amazing squad), I have let in 7 goals and scored 33.

It feels so great to have MY tactic working so well for me. Some highlights include MANY 4-0 slaughters against Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, Blackburn, Wigan, and Middlesbrough.

Any one else have success stories?
gamerguy350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 03:17:PM   #2
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Don't mean to spoil the party, but with Man U about every tactic works, hejz.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 05:30:PM   #3
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
my greatest success story was bringing a romanian team (Olimpia SM) from 2nd division to first and winning the league then moving to Genoa, taking them from 2nd division and winning seria a.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 10:45:PM   #4
Siawash
Senior Squad

Siawash will become famous soon enoughSiawash will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Siawash Send a message via MSN to Siawash
Good job whoratiu.

Chelsea F.C. - FA Cup Winners 2009
Siawash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 01:38:AM   #5
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
What, never done something as good?

I guess taking a 4th division side to winning the CL would be considered better.

I started unemployed BTW.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 01:03:PM   #6
proxnet
Senior Squad

proxnet is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to proxnet Send a message via Yahoo to proxnet
i've got woking f.c from league div 2 to the premiership.

SIG BY ANTHONY
proxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 02:41:PM   #7
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Well now that we're at it here's my success story with Everton: 5 league titles, 4 CL's, 3 Club WC's, 3 FA Cups, 3 Community Shields, 3 European super cups and one League Cup in five seasons.

Old 21-09-2006, 03:48:PM   #8
Seán D
fm prodigy

Seán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Seán D
i often find the League Cup the hardest competition to win, by far!
Old 21-09-2006, 03:50:PM   #9
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Well I mostly play my youngsters there, they even won it once as you can see. But maybe I should've played the league cup more seriously because than I could've got the quadruple once.

Old 23-09-2006, 02:06:AM   #10
Siawash
Senior Squad

Siawash will become famous soon enoughSiawash will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Siawash Send a message via MSN to Siawash
I was joking.

Chelsea F.C. - FA Cup Winners 2009
Siawash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 09:29:AM   #11
Fernandez
Team Captain

Fernandez is a jewel in the roughFernandez is a jewel in the roughFernandez is a jewel in the rough
How about winning championships all over the world? I have done so with a French, German, Italian, Spanish, English and other clubs.
Old 28-09-2006, 06:56:AM   #12
Parra Power
Manager

Parra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to behold
In FM06
- Club World Championship with Sydney FC (on a 2.something million euro Salary cap), putting 3-5 goals past both Boca and Bremen
- Team from German regional division up to UEFA Cup (lack of crowds -> big losses -> cant afford better players -> tough to take the step up to winning the league/getting CL)
Parra Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 04:36:AM   #13
Johnbear
Banned

Johnbear is on a distinguished road
I guess taking a 4th division side to winning the CL would be considered better.

-
Johnbear is offline   Reply With Quote