Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Championship Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17-03-2006, 11:54:PM   #1
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
ChampMan06 PC gold demo released

BGS released their gold demo for CM 06 today, more info and the download through here.

nuff said
Old 18-03-2006, 10:23:AM   #2
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Hurray!

Ehm...

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Old 20-03-2006, 11:29:PM   #3
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
lets all go singing from the rooftops.

It might be alright, but FM has blown the competition out of the water over the past 18months or so.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Old 22-03-2006, 12:56:AM   #4
Andreas
Senior Squad

Andreas is on a distinguished road
Anyone tried it yet?

Downloaded it and started a game with Manchester United. My first goal was with van Nistelrooy, a screamer from 40 yards! How often do you see that in real life...

But he did score a sort of tap in "standard" van Nistelrooy type of goal, too.

And I sold Kieran Richardson for £5.5 (!) million to Marseille.
Old 22-03-2006, 09:04:AM   #5
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
I tried the beta; no chance I'll ever try one of their games again.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:50:AM   #6
Andreas
Senior Squad

One thing I actually like about this game is the 3D match engine. If FM could implement this (like CM have implemented EVERYTHING down to detail from FM), and actually make it work, it would be awesome.
Old 22-03-2006, 01:36:PM   #7
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
From the screenies I think that 3d pitch is pretty ugly. It looks as though they couldn't decide wheter to use a 2d engine or 3d engine and ended up doing something in between.

Old 22-03-2006, 04:06:PM   #8
Andreas
Senior Squad

I think it looks pretty good.

Here's a screen for those who haven't seen it:
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen001.jpg
Old 24-03-2006, 06:11:PM   #9
Daz
Everyone's Favourite Diabetic

Daz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to behold
i find the whole interface just so much more "heavy" and bulky than FM which makes it so frustrating and almost unplayable in the first place.
Old 24-03-2006, 06:28:PM   #10
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I see they havent sorted out the skin...

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Old 25-03-2006, 06:52:AM   #11
MightyTic
Senior Squad

MightyTic is on a distinguished road
Ive played and don't like it that much , Im playing the old CM0102 just now and like that a lot better, the layouts and such. As for the 3rd match ??mmm , I paged to Overview but still heard every whistle and boot (thump thump) of the ball, and I don't get the bits when I do watch it , where a defender out on the wing 25yrds from goal with no one near him and I mean from the view the nearest player is 20 odd yrds away, turns to the sideline and heads the ball out ??????

But its the whole layout of the game its just doesn't wrap around you and draw you in like the one Im playing just now (CM01/02).

And in the Overview page , watching the Text Commentary , in 01/02 you have as you know about 6 speed settings and the text commentary adjusts to the speed and even at the fast setting you can still read what is going on, but in CM2006 at the top setting it flashes by way to fast , could be that unlike 01/02's different text commentary as in shorter the faster the setting , in cm2006 you get ALL the text and because of that , it flashes through to quickly..

To be honest Cm2006 just leave me cold and while playing it I didn't really care if I won or lost .. I don't know what it is about it , the feeling(s) or lack of them I get from playing cm2006 are totally different to near putting my boot through the screen when I lose a goal in CM01/02 never mind a game ...
Old 25-03-2006, 10:28:AM   #12
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

You shouldn't compare the old CM series with new CM series mate. It's like comparing Faroe Islands with Brazil.

Play FM and it'll give you that feeling which you are lacking(Damn I sound like a pastor )

Old 26-03-2006, 08:04:PM   #13
10Ruud
Starting XI

10Ruud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
lets all go singing from the rooftops.

It might be alright, but FM has blown the competition out of the water over the past 18months or so.