This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Hey, I just picked up my old copy of USM 98, in my mind it is one of the greatest management games of all-time. Anyways, I was wondering if someone who had the game and was smart enough to make an update patch. If no one has, I was wondering if anyone could do it that has spare time. Like update all rosters maybe add a few leagues. Ive seen some brilliant people work on this site, so I know I can count on some to help me out. Take as long as you need!!!
There was a season update released for USM, Season 98-99. It updates all the players, teams etc. and adds the Dutch League...not much but like you said, one of the greatest management games of all time, so not bad for a fiver
yeah I did same thing and got my old copy out bout a month ago, think a mate of mine was updating english leagues so will see if he will do the lot and stick it somewhere. Looks like a hell of a lot of work to me!!!!
I have download the game through the above website.
Then I have followed the instructions to install the game,however,I can't install the sound,speech these kind of things...Only can install the data and the others.Also I can only enter the editor smoothly,and enter the game just 1-2 seconds before jumping out to Windows.
Can anybody help me?Thanks a lot!!!
I was going to play USM98-99 recently, but noticed as someone mentioned that it doesn't work in XP. Someone who has a patch? For a couple of years ago I was working with an Swedish league patch, replacing the dutch league. It wasn't finished that season (2000) so well it's kind a mix of rosters from 00 - 03 or somthing, if somone is intrested..well if there is any swedes out there of course..
I have an "Superupdate" for season 2000 (don't know how complete it is though), which I found on my computer..
I have an update for Ultimate Soccer Manager 98 for 2007/8!!!!
But wait before you start going crazy there are a few things i need to say and if you still want it please help yourself!
1. I have only updated English Premiership players, Premiership stadium names and Premiership manager names! (And it took me ages!)
2. I have renamed all the teams in the english divisions.
3. Please note that kits, stadiums layouts and player histories will not have been changed as i dont have the software to do that.
4. I welcome any feedback as to any mistakes i have made like if ive put rooney as a defender, or if ive given robinson 65 for keeping (Although some of you might agree!!!).
5. I have updated this using the in game editor alone and i have basically swapped player names for the players playing today. I used a website which gave player ratings out of 100 and i used that figure for thier main attribute (eg Gerrard was marked 99, so i have given him 99 for passing)
6. Please give any feedback on any of it and i will assist as much as i can
Im also a huge fan of the series and am hoping (doomingly) that there will be plans for a brand new one.
However for those of you having trouble running the game on xp or higher you simply right click on the application, go to properties>compatibility and then check the box that says "run this program in compatibility for:" and select "Windows 95" from the dropdown list - apply and ok. Sorted works fine