Hey, I just picked up my old copy of USM 98, in my mind it is one of the greatest management games of all-time. Anyways, I was wondering if someone who had the game and was smart enough to make an update patch. If no one has, I was wondering if anyone could do it that has spare time. Like update all rosters maybe add a few leagues. Ive seen some brilliant people work on this site, so I know I can count on some to help me out. Take as long as you need!!!
There was a season update released for USM, Season 98-99. It updates all the players, teams etc. and adds the Dutch League...not much but like you said, one of the greatest management games of all time, so not bad for a fiver
yeah I did same thing and got my old copy out bout a month ago, think a mate of mine was updating english leagues so will see if he will do the lot and stick it somewhere. Looks like a hell of a lot of work to me!!!!
I have download the game through the above website.
Then I have followed the instructions to install the game,however,I can't install the sound,speech these kind of things...Only can install the data and the others.Also I can only enter the editor smoothly,and enter the game just 1-2 seconds before jumping out to Windows.
Can anybody help me?Thanks a lot!!!
I was going to play USM98-99 recently, but noticed as someone mentioned that it doesn't work in XP. Someone who has a patch? For a couple of years ago I was working with an Swedish league patch, replacing the dutch league. It wasn't finished that season (2000) so well it's kind a mix of rosters from 00 - 03 or somthing, if somone is intrested..well if there is any swedes out there of course..
I have an "Superupdate" for season 2000 (don't know how complete it is though), which I found on my computer..
I have an update for Ultimate Soccer Manager 98 for 2007/8!!!!
But wait before you start going crazy there are a few things i need to say and if you still want it please help yourself!
1. I have only updated English Premiership players, Premiership stadium names and Premiership manager names! (And it took me ages!)
2. I have renamed all the teams in the english divisions.
3. Please note that kits, stadiums layouts and player histories will not have been changed as i dont have the software to do that.
4. I welcome any feedback as to any mistakes i have made like if ive put rooney as a defender, or if ive given robinson 65 for keeping (Although some of you might agree!!!).
5. I have updated this using the in game editor alone and i have basically swapped player names for the players playing today. I used a website which gave player ratings out of 100 and i used that figure for thier main attribute (eg Gerrard was marked 99, so i have given him 99 for passing)
6. Please give any feedback on any of it and i will assist as much as i can
Im also a huge fan of the series and am hoping (doomingly) that there will be plans for a brand new one.
However for those of you having trouble running the game on xp or higher you simply right click on the application, go to properties>compatibility and then check the box that says "run this program in compatibility for:" and select "Windows 95" from the dropdown list - apply and ok. Sorted works fine