Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > ManagerZone Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 29-09-2003, 03:16:AM   #1
Rami
Mullet Boy

Rami is on a distinguished road
The "Look who I bought!" Thread

Here ya can brag about any decent or great signings or sales for that matter. Have fun

European Champs
Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 05:32:AM   #2
Swish
Youth Team

Swish is on a distinguished road
hoops old player, got him off the market for 900k. Nt completely sure why he is selling him

Ah well, replaced scotty quite nicely with someone who is worth twice as much and 3 years younger for an extra 50k

Bo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greig.jpg (34.3 KB, 1912 views)
Old 29-09-2003, 05:34:AM   #3
Gerrard 17

Gerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Gerrard 17
Not totally amazing, but worth all the...... 63 USD he cost me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bryce fox.jpg (30.1 KB, 1766 views)
Old 29-09-2003, 05:44:AM   #4
rony31
Superstar

rony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant future
The only player I've bought so far is a 22 year old Polish guy who cost me 13 EUR... has 2 balls in about everything, so isn't too bad
rony31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 05:57:AM   #5
chris boston
Senior Squad

chris boston will become famous soon enough
900k was a lot but then after the Scotty sale I don't blame Steve for spending that much.

Cool thread btw ... I'm hoping to make my addition tomorrow or the day after, looking at two hot prospects and hopefully I will get one as I have a lot to spend.
Old 29-09-2003, 06:25:AM   #6
Gerrard 17

Gerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of lightGerrard 17 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by rony31
The only player I've bought so far is a 22 year old Polish guy who cost me 13 EUR... has 2 balls in about everything, so isn't too bad
Keep in mind that there is a limit on foreign players...

I got 3 foreign players the first day, really cheap, but they were crap, and then I wanted to buy more and I was like WTF when it wouldnt let me

Oh, and why are you using the gay 4-3-3?
Old 29-09-2003, 08:10:AM   #7
rony31
Superstar

rony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant futurerony31 has a brilliant future
I only have 1 foreigner

and what gay 4-3-3? My defence isn't pushed all the way up to midfield ...well they are kinda... but since it isn't doing me any good anyways, I'm gonna change it
rony31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 12:27:AM   #8
Pontefract City
Senior Squad

Pontefract City is on a distinguished road
MastaLFC - Do not use words like 'gay' on these forums. You are refering to this word with a different meaning from it's original definition but none the less it is very homophobic.

As for a player, then I bought this guy and he made his debut at home to Camberley. We got hammered 4-0 with Albin being the main culprit. Played not bad apart from that, just less scoring chances and a lack of luck. My reject team managed to just lose 2-1 at their stadium. Amazing how well my rubbish team do against the best...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newbuy.jpg (27.2 KB, 1549 views)
Pontefract City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 01:16:AM   #9
Gerrard 17

Quote:
Originally posted by Pontefract City
MastaLFC - Do not use words like 'gay' on these forums. You are refering to this word with a different meaning
Too bad, it's a part of my everyday vocabulary, and I'm not homophobic so aye :-paul:
Old 30-09-2003, 06:14:PM   #10
chris boston
Senior Squad

*plays Duran Duran song*

"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand..."

Well, except it's actually a bloke and the only thing he did on the sand is play football.

But today I finally got a new signing, Argentinian international Aquilino Rio. He's in the Argentina side on MZNS and even if he somehow doesn't get into the Argentina full team there's always the U21s.

My midifeld is looking strong now with Hayhurst, Hodson, Gibbons and Rio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6802782.jpg (74.3 KB, 1505 views)
Old 30-09-2003, 07:51:PM   #11
wyorksranger
Club Supporter

wyorksranger is on a distinguished road
I keep getting offers for this player:

http://www.wyorksranger.co.uk/mz/osmondconyngham.gif

Ive been offered 2m, but some swedes are sniffing about now.

He's just turned 22, but is due another ball in tackling soon.

Anyone reckon I should sell him?....personally I dont think he's replaceable, and will easily be worth more in a season.

And how do you post pics like above?
wyorksranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 08:16:PM   #12
chris boston
Senior Squad

Hey Yorkie, and don't use the quick reply if you wanna post attachments, use the "post reply" button instead.

With the lack of talent on the market it would be a bad idea to sell, but 2m for a player you paid what, 650k-odd for? Would be an excellent deal but your team would be weakened as he can't be replaced as you say, but with an English player anyway...

Not sure what you should do but I'd hope whoever his manager is will allow him to play for England at the World Cup.
Old 30-09-2003, 08:55:PM   #13
wyorksranger
Club Supporter

wyorksranger is on a distinguished road
Ill tell you something...I wasnt gonna let him go to Steve's team if he offered me 4m.

Its one thing selling a player for a decent profit, but selling him to one of your divisions main rivals is just daft.
wyorksranger is offline   Reply With Quote