Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Older Championship Manager Titles Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2003, 12:03:AM   #1
Sir Calumn

+++[official Cm4 *bugs* Thread]+++

Report any glitches you have found in CM4 which you are sure are bugs. Genuine stuff only please and no chit-chat!

Posts which aren't reports will be deleted.

-C

EDIT (16/05/03): Non reports or answers posts deleted.

Last edited by Sir Calumn; 16-05-2003 at 08:05:PM.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:24:AM   #2
Sir Calumn

Champions League bug - when a team qualifies from the first group stage, the news message still states that they failed to qualify. This means nothing, the next stage will still be played as normal.

-C
Old 09-05-2003, 01:54:AM   #3
Rustydusty10
Reserve Team

Rustydusty10 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rustydusty10
The South American manager of the year i think , all three places go to the same person. I posted this earlier,here is the link
Old 10-05-2003, 12:26:PM   #4
Rami
Mullet Boy

Rami is on a distinguished road
Not having the ability to release a press story on a player.

European Champs
Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:52:PM   #5
willem
Reserve Team

willem is on a distinguished road
The score-changing bug, when you sub a player, the score changes.
willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03:PM   #6
voetballiefhebb

Injury bug in EP3.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:37:AM   #7
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Score changing bug in EP3

I had that myself earlier, I went from 5-0 up to 6-1 up in my second friendly of the first season in my new game. Den Bosch vs Osnabrūck.

I thought they were so pleased to finally have got that one down???
Tough luck, on to EP4
rpvankasteren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2003, 01:01:PM   #8
Parra Power
Manager

Parra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to beholdParra Power is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by rpvankasteren
Score changing bug in EP3

I had that myself earlier, I went from 5-0 up to 6-1 up in my second friendly of the first season in my new game. Den Bosch vs Osnabrūck.

I thought they were so pleased to finally have got that one down???
Tough luck, on to EP4
You can either run this from the command line

cm4.exe -safe_match

or change your shortcut target. For example the target when you right click on the shortcut would resemble

"EProgram Files\Eidos Interactive\CM4\cm4.exe" -safe_match
Parra Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2003, 09:40:AM   #9
Rustydusty10
Reserve Team

Rustydusty10 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rustydusty10
I have NEVER scored a goal at home a heard the crowd cheer for me. When i score it sounds like Old Trafford when Ronaldo scored in the 2nd leg of the CL quarters ,but when i play away and score, I often have to lower the volume on my speakers.
Is this a bug?? or just a very very stupid and unrealistic part of the game. Also, am I the only person who experiences this???
Old 19-05-2003, 03:30:AM   #10
choppy
Youth Team

choppy is on a distinguished road
I had Silvestrie and Barthez chosen for the Olympics. When I checked the France U-23 side there was about 8 players over 23. I thought only 2 or 3 were allowed.
choppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2003, 06:10:AM   #11
PaPaGeorGeo
Fan Favourite

PaPaGeorGeo will become famous soon enough
The Injury bug is very annoying i install EP3 3 dislocated shoulders and one dislocated jaw
Old 18-06-2008, 09:15:PM   #12
Motlhen
Club Supporter

Motlhen is on a distinguished road
okay yeah!
strangest thing ever happened to me in my latest cm03/04 game.. so i created this account to see if anyone has had the same/similar problems, and by the looks of it, its my cm thats buggered.

i'v had problems before, so i think something im doing to it is killing it slowly, coz its always after approx. a yr on a comp of playing cm that it crashes and never works again.

okay me. yeah. i live in a town called enfield, so i went to our football club, gave the zidane, helguera and ronaldinho along with £150,000,000 so that after an era with portsmouth (the team i planned to take control of) i could get a job as boss of enfield in the lower leagues.

BUT when i took control of Portsmouth, i went to the transfer lists etc to buy my fave players with the usual budget of around £3m for Portsmouth, and the budget was £150,000,000!!
It gets worse..
At my first friendly, i check out my squad, and lazing around at the top of my U19's squad; "Ozzy" thats it, no first name, just "Ozzy" - i'd never seen him before in portsmouth so i checked his history. Nada. he WAS only 15. so i crossed over to his stats and was gobsmacked: this 15 yr old has all 20's, only one stat not at 20/20, his gk rating was like 4. but still i now have Ozzy, he can play anywhere in my team. Would have a long time to improve if that was possible! (oh and did i mention he speaks every language in the database)

No need to complain, i thought, then he goes and scores 5 in his first game against Man Utd (i create my own friendlies), we win 9-0.
Then it starts to get silly.. (if it isnt already)
14-0 real madrid! Ozzy scores 8
12-1 ac milan Ozzy scores 6
etc etc
i quit the game, loaded it again and all of this had dissappeared, Ozzy's records and the games stats were still there, yet ther was no Ozzy

has anything wackier happened to anyone else on here?

ps sorry about the length!
Motlhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:14:AM   #13
Barbjoe
Club Supporter

Barbjoe is on a distinguished road
My only problem is that when i go on the training tab the game turns off and says it has encountered a problem so ive never been able to change the training system.
Barbjoe is offline   Reply With Quote