Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > SG Players Lounge

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 10:57:AM   #196
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
Got busy these days so I couldn't reply.

Good thing they let me test the parts [From where I bought the parts]. Fortunately I didn't buy 970's which would have been total waste of money if I was going for SLI. Due to its 3.5 GB VRAM it struggles with 4K textures even in 1080p. Battle field 4 gave 75 FPS average. ACU choked a lot, struggling to get stable 60 FPS on max settings [Even with Anti aliasing set to low].

So I have all parts except GPU. My intention was to run the games perfectly for next 3-4 years and 970 is struggling with games of now a days. Nvidia's going to release 8GB models of 970/80. I'll check how well 980 goes with 8GB or I'll see how well R9 390x goes. Didn't realize PS4 had 8GB Vram, so 3.5 GB wont do well for max settings.

I'm glad that I didn't waste $450 on single 970 [It got $ 450 in my country]. It just ain't worth the money.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056
Sami 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:07:AM   #197
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
God damn man, make a fucking decision. All components are going to be out of date eventually.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:14:AM   #198
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Its true that they will release new hardware every month, but why the fuck will I waste $450 on 3.5 GB when it takes 6 GB cards? Once I buy it, I wont be able to buy any new shit again, and if 3.5 GB cant play games in max settings- in hell with it. I could go for 12GB but since PS4 is 8GB, I'll stuck with 8GB GPUs and atleast it would be able to play games. By next year, all games will require atleast 6GB to run in max settings.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:10:PM   #199
Theodorakis
Banned

Theodorakis will become famous soon enough
GPU memories work a bit different..

unlike physical RAM, GPU RAM constantly fills and empties the memory.. so with 1440p, it wont go any further than 1,8GB of GPU RAM usage on BF4, and with 1080p it didn't go any further than 1.2GB.. of course AA and stuff would cause bigger numbers, but it wont be as much as you might think..

people with not much knowledge about OEM parts tend to buy GPU cards according to their RAM capacity, you wouldn't wanna do that.. processing power is everything for a GPU..

for the GTX970, I heard there were some addressing issues with the 3,5GB version, so just don't go for it..
Theodorakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:01:PM   #200
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodorakis View Post
which elements of the msi gpu units are worse than the gigabyte ones, have you asked them? they all get the goddamn chipset from nvidia and apart from asus and evga they basically deliver you the same product more or less..

stop acting like you're on a mars mission, you're only gonna play goddamn video games with it. 3 fps less or 3 celcius degrees higher wont kill anyone.. and with your attitude; regardless of the setup you get, you're only gonna be disappointed with it..

and; the tyre to a car is the monitor to a gaming pc.. you're gonna find this out someday, I hope I and you'll be around then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodorakis View Post
you're a fucking maniac
I hope that explains why I'm running after 8GB models of GPU :/

I bought 1440p 120Hz monitor as you said my GPU is good enough to run in these settings but now it suffers with these settings. That's why I need 8GB good GPU which can get stable 60 FPS in 1440p [Or should I say 120 FPS since it would look akward with 60FPS on 120Hz monitor?].

Enough of this GPU shits, I doubt if 8GB models of 970 will have the power to run games decently [They will give 5 GB VRAM and let the rest 3 GB be with slower power; making it worse again]. Hell, I don't even know what GPUs are good enough to run games perfectly. Maybe I'll go for R9 390x.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:11:PM   #201
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
dude, what do you mean 4k 1080p? it's either one or the other. no game anytime soon will use more than 4gb of video memory for 1080p.

you say you got a 1440p monitor, but you want 4k textures at 1080p.

I honestly can't believe you got 75 fps in BF4 with 970 in SLI.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:11:PM   #202
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Of course FM uses more CPU than FIFA but I was under the impression you can run FIFA better with a decent GPU and good CPU than with a good GPU and decent CPU.

I tend to be doing other things while I'm processing FM, and I'd say a season/year generally takes me around 24h. There's like a handful of countries I DON'T pick and in those I choose 2 or more leagues in about 10/15, and my PC is like 7 years old. Unless you pick like ALL the leagues of ALL the countries (and maybe even if) I don't think you'll notice FM dragging a lot.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:20:PM   #203
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

I already mentioned in my first post: I'll play games in max settings which includes 4K textures!

My new target: 60 FPS in 1440p with every God damn things set to Max. Every single thing maxed out!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:35:PM   #204
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
you realize it's a waste right? it's like watching 1080p Blu-Rays on a 720p TV. you still get 720p quality.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:39:PM   #205
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
I say take like 3 months to figure this new information out.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:43:PM   #206
theo
VII

I wanted to build myself a PC too cause I've had my Vaio for 4 years now. but when I made my configuration and noticed that the GPU would cost as much as a PS4 I went for that instead. gaming is much better on a couch with a big TV in front of you.

and besides, if I would get a brand new gaming PC, I'd still be playing FM mostly on it. this way I've got an incentive to try new stuff.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:43:PM   #207
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
you realize it's a waste right? it's like watching 1080p Blu-Rays on a 720p TV. you still get 720p quality.
First of all, I said 1440p, not 1080p.

Secondly, you will realize the difference between normal and 4K textures when you come close to an object even in 1080p, and I'm saying I'll play in 1440p. So, there's definitely a difference. And I need this card to run games for next 4 years and games will need more power than that of today.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:50:PM   #208
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
I wanted to build myself a PC too cause I've had my Vaio for 4 years now. but when I made my configuration and noticed that the GPU would cost as much as a PS4 I went for that instead. gaming is much better on a couch with a big TV in front of you.

and besides, if I would get a brand new gaming PC, I'd still be playing FM mostly on it. this way I've got an incentive to try new stuff.
Many games on consoles struggles to run at 60 FPS. And I don't even prefer 50 FPS. So in hell with consoles. You can play games on PC on couch with big TV too. In the end its just what one prefers. I prefer PC so I ain't gonna buy consoles.

Reasons for which I'm not buying console/Ps4:

1] Struggles at 60 FPS.
2] 1080p.
3] No keyboard/ Mouse.
4] Lots of issues with backward compatibility.
5] Can't have good graphics like that of PC [Example: 4K textures, 4K/1440p and so on, bla bla bla]
6] I prefer to play infront of my desk.

So, never ever suggest me for buying a console. Don't. Just don't.