Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 13 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.65 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46:AM   #53
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifamonkey2012 View Post
On a side note i saw the videos for what PES is doing with new engine and as much as clothing physics looked nice most of it you cant appreciate unless its a cut scene, also I thought the models and clothing looked like the players were in space suits or wind tunnels and the models and hands were very rounded and manikin looking .. wasn't overly impressed with that "next gen" look.
Where did you see these PES vids? Link? As for clothing closeups, I play with the Pro cam in FIFA which provides nice closeups of the players while playing (and closeups of goal celebrations BTW). PES' Player cam is even closer to the player, so the cloth physics addition might be something you'd be able to see and appreciate while playing.
bangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:05:PM   #54
Fifamonkey2012
Reserve Team

Fifamonkey2012 will become famous soon enough
I need to log out now but its the Fox promo vids, unless they are rendered stock and Im wrong of course the ones that show headers and face / clothing physics on youtube.

For the extra processing of clothing physics I dont think you can really play this game and be so close to fully appreciate its detail for the trade off. Cut scenes mainly, the only game that does it true justice is NBA2K13 ... that close works well enough.

If I play open game like football THAT close its such a tunnel view I would make such bad passes Anyway from those vids I wasnt blown away, models looked rounded on the hands, a bit strange.
Fifamonkey2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:39:PM   #55
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Quote:
I need to log out now but its the Fox promo vids, unless they are rendered stock and Im wrong of course the ones that show headers and face / clothing physics on youtube.
Thanks for the reply. The dude posting Fox engine analysis videos on Youtube is using PES 2013 gameplay. Whatever you saw isn't PES 2014, Konami hasn't released any material yet.

Last edited by bangus; 01-05-2013 at 12:47:PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:13:PM   #56
Cris-9
Senior Squad

Cris-9 will become famous soon enoughCris-9 will become famous soon enough
turkish league will be in fifa 14!now we can play with kuyt,sneijder,emre,selšuk,drogba,moussa sow,meireles,burak ylmaz,manuel fernandes etc.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:42:PM   #57
Fifamonkey2012
Reserve Team

No it wasnt that is was this but this link is a crappy low res copy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPEnR-gLnYQ

But, I think this isnt it either anyway as you say nothing been released, I just thought this was small promo of physics, is this a trailer CGI movie from PES13 or previous or something else then?

I haven't even looked at PES or forums and site so I was not sure what had been released or not.

Either way, clothing physics for the performance hit it can have on many players on the pitch will be a tricky one to manage, I guess if in 15 there will be a off switch like NBA2k.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:47:PM   #58
bangus
Starting XI

Quote:
Either way, clothing physics for the performance hit it can have on many players on the pitch will be a tricky one to manage
Plus the last thing PES needs is graphics tweaks. The entire game needs a complete overhaul, it's a mess.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18:PM   #59
Waldo1639
Senior Squad

Waldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
No it wasnt that is was this but this link is a crappy low res copy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPEnR-gLnYQ
Those are old PES trailers.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18:PM   #60
Waldo1639
Senior Squad

Waldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to behold
Career Mode details:
http://www.ea.com/soccer/blog/fifa-14-career-mode

Teammate Intelligence:
http://www.ea.com/soccer/blog/fifa-1...e-intelligence

Last edited by Waldo1639; 02-05-2013 at 04:22:PM.
Waldo1639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:49:PM   #61
Waldo1639
Senior Squad

Actually Teammate Intelligence feature is kinda copy of Proactive AI from PES 2013.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:19:PM   #62
ManUtdFan20
Starting XI

ManUtdFan20 will become famous soon enough
They really need to remove the 'push and pull' system they added to fifa, on of the worst ideas ever.

You will be sprinting past a guy easyily beating him to be in a 1 v 1 with the keeper then out of the blue you just start slowing down then the defender just throws you to one side and absolutly nothing is fucking given.

Happens to many fucking times.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:24:PM   #63
veggt
Senior Squad

veggt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to veggt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtdFan20 View Post
They really need to remove the 'push and pull' system they added to fifa, on of the worst ideas ever.

You will be sprinting past a guy easyily beating him to be in a 1 v 1 with the keeper then out of the blue you just start slowing down then the defender just throws you to one side and absolutly nothing is fucking given.

Happens to many fucking times.
true, they also have to rebuild the player marking system, especially when the opponent makes a counter attack, in the FIFA 13 EA Gameplay trailer there's a marking error, see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia43OgdBHaE
at 1:20 the Hamburg's number 6 will fail in following Huntelaar who then scores
even KSI noticed it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm_u5JLVju4
it's at 2:44

Last edited by veggt; 03-05-2013 at 03:28:PM.
veggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:56:PM   #64
RobbieD_PL
Unreliable deceiver

RobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to RobbieD_PL Send a message via Skype™ to RobbieD_PL
Is there any news about the 2014 World Cup official game yet?
RobbieD_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:32:PM   #65
Fifamonkey2012
Reserve Team

Quote:
Those are old PES trailers.
Ok thanks, wasn't fully sure, glad its not as that looked disappointing

One thing in the system of this game that needs to be addressed is the "crossed ball line A.I context sensitive slow down".

IE there is a line you can draw from the crosser to the ball dropping acroos the pitch, anything parallel to this line while ball is in the air will "look up at the ball" ... if your running to a player that about to get the ball as it lands you will notice even though your sprinting button fully down as the ball come over your head within that invisible line the system takes over and your player slows down to "think" what do do.

Its probably the worst & most annoying aspect of the context part of this engine at the moment. This is worse when its a lobbed ball over to a player parallel to defender and as the ball falls under this line the defender will slow up. Lots of people post this as the game cheating and scripting but it can happen anywhere on the pitch.

Last edited by Fifamonkey2012; 05-05-2013 at 01:34:PM.

Tags
fifa 14