This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 13 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 07:19:PM   #1
Bubble Gum
Youth Team

Bubble Gum is on a distinguished road
Squad Changes & Main DB

Hi once more! In the How to.. thread no one can help me, so I've decided to create own thread. The question is: what is the way to make changes in main DB from the squad files permanent? Or is there a way to make own changes in squad files format? Hope that the question is clear and someone know the answer. Thanks a lot!
Bubble Gum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:58:PM   #2
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Permanent changes are made to the db. When you use that db, it creates a new squads save. If you need to make more permanent changes, you have to edit the db again, then delete your current squads save, and then create a new squads save. You don't ever edit the squads save.
bangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59:PM   #3
BlackEmperor
Youth Team

BlackEmperor is on a distinguished road
Well... since I don't know how to open a squad file, you'll probably have to look the changes up in the game itself (compare current stats with previous stats on a page like sofifa) and then insert them into the database. A really tough endeavour...

I wanted to do the same, but I'll probably only do it for the Bundesliga at the most.
BlackEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:08:PM   #4
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEmperor View Post
Well... since I don't know how to open a squad file, you'll probably have to look the changes up in the game itself (compare current stats with previous stats on a page like sofifa) and then insert them into the database. A really tough endeavour...

I wanted to do the same, but I'll probably only do it for the Bundesliga at the most.
Oh okay, so he's asking how to make changes in the downloaded squad updates, a permanent part of the db.

No can do, other than editing one player at a time as BE said.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:44:PM   #5
Bubble Gum
Youth Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangus View Post
Permanent changes are made to the db. When you use that db, it creates a new squads save. If you need to make more permanent changes, you have to edit the db again, then delete your current squads save, and then create a new squads save. You don't ever edit the squads save.
Yes I know this. But I want to know if there is a way to export changes from the squad update files from EA to the main DB to have edited skills and new players like Del Pierro, Owen and so on in FIFA base. Now if I make some changes I have to remove old squad files and new skills & players will disappear.

As I understand there is no way to do it. Nevertheless thank's a lot.

By the way, squad files can be opened with notepad and there you can find added players surnames.

Last edited by Bubble Gum; 05-12-2012 at 08:47:PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:47:PM   #6
bangus
Starting XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEmperor View Post
Well... since I don't know how to open a squad file
Okay, I was in fact able to copy data from the squad save file, and paste and save it into my db.

Squad files can be opened using IM 12. I opened a squad save and exported the players table to my desktop. The table wouldn't import into the db without getting an error message. And I couldn't open the table with Excel (says "locked for editing"). But I could open it with Notepad. Using Notepad, I then:

- Opened the players table from the db, and deleted the data inside that file.
- Opened the players table from the squad save, copied the data inside, then pasted the data into the blank players table from the db.
- Saved, then imported this edited players table back into the db. I was also able to now open this edited players table with Excel.

The table imported back into the db and saved with no issues. And I was able to start FIFA 13 and play a game.

If this much worked, it seems to me you could try following this same procedure using any squad save update. You would have to copy the players table info and teamplayerlinks table info from the squads save update file, and paste it into the corresponding db table files. I would try it myself but I don't have any squad updates to test.

Last edited by bangus; 05-12-2012 at 09:40:PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:49:PM   #7
bangus
Starting XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Gum View Post
By the way, squad files can be opened with notepad.
Right, but the editing tool you need to examine and export the various tables is Internal Master 12, download link here:

http://fifa-master.com/downloads/cat...rnal-master-12
Old 05-12-2012, 09:36:PM   #8
Bubble Gum
Youth Team

Really nice work. I'll test it and describe results in this topic.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:19:PM   #9
Bubble Gum
Youth Team

Steps 2 and 3 are clear, but I failed to open squad update file with IM. What shoul I do step-by-step? I've used this tool only few times... BTW here is the my last squad update file. http://depositfiles.com/files/4uf35pem7
Old 06-12-2012, 12:38:PM   #10
bangus
Starting XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Gum View Post
Steps 2 and 3 are clear, but I failed to open squad update file with IM. What shoul I do step-by-step? I've used this tool only few times... BTW here is the my last squad update file. http://depositfiles.com/files/4uf35pem7
I was hoping someone would post a squad update, thanks.

It opens in IM 12 fine BTW. Opening/loading involves two steps: the tool asks for your db meta file from your current db folder, then for your squad save. I paste both on my desktop, makes it easier for me.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:40:PM   #11
Bubble Gum
Youth Team

Yes, now it works without problems. I'll try to do steps 2 and 3 and see what would happen.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:01:PM   #12
bangus
Starting XI

I transferred the squads data, edited the players table and teamplayerlinks table, imported into the db, saved, started FIFA 13, all with no problems. But when I went to play a game, it crashed. Could be other tables need updating as well, like the formations table for example. I know from previous editing that the player positional data in the teamplayerlinks table has to match the teams' formation data or the game won't work. I may also need to load my original db and use that, maybe there are conflicts in my edited db. If you can't get it working, I'll maybe try some things later.

Last edited by bangus; 06-12-2012 at 01:16:PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23:PM   #13
Bubble Gum
Youth Team

I've looked through the tables. I think that we have to export players, teamplayerlinks, teams, formations. Also some new player ID's are connected with player_grudgelove, formupdate and previosteam. DCPLAYERNAMES contains jerseynames for added players. Also we may need playerloans table.

Last edited by Bubble Gum; 06-12-2012 at 01:45:PM.