Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum > Older Football Manager Titles Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 31-08-2006, 04:07:PM   #1
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
New positions

I'll start this with an example so you can understand easier. I have a right back whose natural position is DR and that didn't have WBR listed (not even competent or awkward). So I started learning him to play there. He gained 'accomplished' level there after some months, and I know that if I try teaching him another new position that level will decrease.
Question is: how much time after he got accomplished there do I have to keep his new position WBR? When can I teach him another position without the risk of losing the previous one (remember, mine didn't had WBR at all on the positions pannel, some usually have accomplished and it can't drop of course)?
Old 31-08-2006, 05:06:PM   #2
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
I think there's no problem in teaching him a new position right away. I think a player can't lose the ability to play on a position in FM.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 05:08:PM   #3
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
If it's a totally new position for him (as I said, my player hasn't got WBR at all, not even awkward so if I want to teach him a new position in the moment he got accomplished on WBR he'll lose it swiftly until he won't have it anymore) it will happen.
Old 31-08-2006, 05:12:PM   #4
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Theo is right, I taught Gerrard to play Left Mid and her learned it at accomplished, then I tried teaching him another position and Left Mid went back to Competant, now it's been 6 months already and he won't relearn Left Mid (altough I'm teaching him that and playing him there)
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 05:22:PM   #5
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
yeh players lose positions in FM, as they did in CM.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 05:25:PM   #6
Johnny_Big
Starting XI

Johnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Johnny_Big
That's correct. But some players don't lose some positions I think...maybe it depends on the adaptability value of the player.

Thanks to Kenzo for the sig and to Shinji for the pixel kit.

http://athousandeternalleaves.wordpress.com
Johnny_Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 05:43:PM   #7
theo
VII

If I keep a new position for 1 season since it's reached accomplished level can I teach him a new one then? Would 1 season be enough?
Old 31-08-2006, 05:59:PM   #8
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
versitility, not adaptability.

I think.

I see it shining plain,
And cannot come again.

Old 31-08-2006, 06:17:PM   #9
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
haha, johnny is always saying the "portuguesed" version of the stat
Old 31-08-2006, 06:24:PM   #10
Tom
That Nice Guy

no, there are two attributes.

Adaptibility (in at least FM05) was to do with how well a player settled into a new club, or new country. Off-the-pitch statistic.

Versitility, is to do with learning new positions, and playing out of position... Or at least it was in FM05.

I see it shining plain,
And cannot come again.

Old 31-08-2006, 06:41:PM   #11
Johnny_Big
Starting XI

Johnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Johnny_Big
Yes, that's it.

And yeah, portuguesed version of FM bugs me :P

Thanks to Kenzo for the sig and to Shinji for the pixel kit.

http://athousandeternalleaves.wordpress.com
Johnny_Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 06:51:PM   #12
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
that's why i play in english :jambo:
Old 31-08-2006, 07:08:PM   #13
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
I tried playing FM in Dutch once, got totally confused. Moreover the language sounded n00bish and gay.

Anyway I trained Vidarsson to an AMC(beeing an MC) and stopped doing that after he became 'accomplished', I then continued trying to make him a DMC aswell. Now 2 years later he's still accomplished at AMC.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote