Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Championship Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2005, 11:19:PM   #1
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Chance to win one of five copies of CM5, courtesy of Eidos Interactive Ltd.

No, I'm not setting up a competition myself, this refers to the "news"-bit Eidos and BGS had in mind for us.

At www.championshipmanager.co.uk, Keir Edmonds put up a small teaser of the match engine, which happens to be a best goal competition as well. Follow THIS LINK to download a ~9MB zip file containing an executable called "afternoon.exe". This checks out, no virus or spyware integrated.
Inside are 5 examples of how wonderfully realistic CM5 is at the moment, and YOU get to choose one to compete for the free copies (the executable will open a new browser window when you go to vote). The competition closes March 14th at 7pm GMT.
Old 19-02-2005, 02:03:AM   #2
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
cant be arsed to load this up , but i suppose i should do.

TROD.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Old 19-02-2005, 02:11:AM   #3
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
2 thins:

#1: How unrealistic was Baros' goal

#2: oh dear god how will townies/idiots tell this game apart from FM E.g. exactly same text commentary

TROD.

I see it shining plain,
And cannot come again.

Old 19-02-2005, 08:46:PM   #4
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
SWP's was even worse

On your 2nd point... Don't fix it if it isn't broken (:/)
It's not something you can claim copyright for, as it's supposed to be something a real life commentator would say. So I don't see a bad thing in BGS copying SI's commentary file. Good commentary is one part of making a good football management sim, and without it, they'd have no chance at all.
Old 20-02-2005, 12:14:AM   #5
Tom
That Nice Guy

totally agree, im only worried if un-knowledgeble users buy CM5 thinking its FM05 on the basis on... say an advert for example. Though come to think of it, it was inevitble really.

Are we the only two users to check this forum now?

TROD.

I see it shining plain,
And cannot come again.

Old 20-02-2005, 03:48:AM   #6
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

Yeah
Old 20-02-2005, 04:38:PM   #7
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Nope I'm downloading it right now

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Old 20-02-2005, 04:40:PM   #8
PaPaGeorGeo
Fan Favourite

PaPaGeorGeo will become famous soon enough
So what is it excatly
Old 20-02-2005, 04:47:PM   #9
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
You see 5 goals after you've seen them you can choose the best.
It was meant to let you see how realistic the match engine is but for me it's even worser then I thought.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Old 20-02-2005, 05:19:PM   #10
PaPaGeorGeo
Fan Favourite

PaPaGeorGeo will become famous soon enough
Ahh ok doesnt seem worth it
Old 20-02-2005, 07:35:PM   #11
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

Well, you do have a chance at winning one of five copies of CM5, made available by Eidos. Whenever it gets released, that is.
Old 21-02-2005, 02:44:AM   #12
Tom
That Nice Guy

oh the sarcasm..

TROD.

I see it shining plain,
And cannot come again.

Old 16-03-2005, 02:54:AM   #13
shokz
The Red Devil

shokz is a splendid one to beholdshokz is a splendid one to beholdshokz is a splendid one to beholdshokz is a splendid one to beholdshokz is a splendid one to beholdshokz is a splendid one to beholdshokz is a splendid one to behold
I could do with a new tea coaster.