Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 2005 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.14 average. Display Modes
Old 25-08-2004, 09:11:PM   #1
DC_NUFC
Youth Team

DC_NUFC is on a distinguished road
Is anybody else worried about the new Career Mode

First off tha with all the interviews and stuff FIfa 2005 is looking awsome but I do have one little problem and tha is with the career mode. It sounds cool about starting with lower clubs and stuff but I'm a die hard Newcastle fan and it would probably take me like 6 years (or longer) just to get an offer to manage them but all the players they have now will be gone like shearer and stuff. I really do hope their is a way to take manager mode off and just pic a team. Is anybody else worried about thaT?
Old 25-08-2004, 10:07:PM   #2
[mouta-FCP]
Starting XI

[mouta-FCP] is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to [mouta-FCP]
I think you have Career Mode but also other game modes like tournaments and leagues...
[mouta-FCP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 10:38:PM   #3
valioso
Fan Favourite

valioso is on a distinguished road
I think is great
Old 26-08-2004, 01:48:AM   #4
El Diablo Rojo
Starting XI

El Diablo Rojo is on a distinguished road
The only thing that worries me is that you can't manage the numbers of the players nor who is the captain ingame. But that's it, since the team i support is from Argentina and whatever will happen to the league is still unknown, plus i like other teams from Europe.
El Diablo Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 03:17:AM   #5
smokey23
Club Supporter

smokey23 is on a distinguished road
I agree. I mean why force us to start with a lower side. If you want to do that fine, but I want to play with my favorite teams. And like DC said, by the time I get an offer to manage one of my favorites (if I do at all), they won't have all of their players, who I like so much, anymore. That is just crap if you ask me. I mean starting off with a lower division club and working up will be fun too, but why not give you the option to do it however you wish.
This is the problem I always have with FIFA (and I am a big fan). It is like they have control issues. In the past, they wouldn't let us edit player ratings or gear (every other EA game has allowed this from the beginning). I mean I don't get it. Why not let the player choose how they want to play the game? I am paying good money for the damn thing, I would at least like to be able to choose what team to play my career with. There is no other game that does something like this.
smokey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 04:56:AM   #6
NUFC7
Club Supporter

NUFC7 is on a distinguished road
Hell yeah man!!

That is exactly what I was worried about man, I wanna get to Newcastle FIRST YEAR! I wonder If Shearer will retire after the first season like he's supposed to... But regardless I wanna start to manage and play Newcastle's season right away!! It does frighten me that this may not be possible, but I do recall they made this claim last FIFA and it proved to be very untrue cause i started with Newcastle the very first season and did fine. I just hope I can play all 15 of my seasons with the toon army, otherwise this years career mode will be sub par.
NUFC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 05:47:AM   #7
smokey23
Club Supporter

smokey23 is on a distinguished road
I don't know if this is even true, but if it is, I think EA had better think about changing it. I don't know if there is time, but this could really ruin, for a lot of people, a feature that I know they have put a lot of time and effort into developing. It is just my opinion, but I am VERY worried about it.

Just put in an option where you can turn it off and start with whatever team you wish. (And I don't mean turn off the entire manager prestige, just the fact that you have to start with a lower club.)

Last edited by smokey23; 26-08-2004 at 05:50:AM.
smokey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 10:38:AM   #8
Lonestarr022
Starting XI

Lonestarr022 is on a distinguished road
u still cant pick the captain?
Old 26-08-2004, 11:48:AM   #9
the twin
Club Supporter

the twin is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure it said somewhere you could choose to stick with a team

I am no-one

Therefore I'm perfect.
the twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 12:02:PM   #10
El Diablo Rojo
Starting XI

El Diablo Rojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestarr022
u still cant pick the captain?
If i recall correctly, it's still unknown. I think you should be able to choose captain, even during game, in the team managment menu.
El Diablo Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 02:20:PM   #11
shrekiejai
Reserve Team

shrekiejai is on a distinguished road
They better not force me to manage to lower division club..i mean.. i want to manage the team i want, when i want. Its a great idea, building up and stuff, but EA must realise not everyone wants this! Lets hope there is an option to turn that thing off, else Career mode in Fifa2005 will probably be the worst one out of them all.
Old 26-08-2004, 04:01:PM   #12
Mike69
Club Supporter

Mike69 is on a distinguished road
its a bit obvious they are trying to take the PeS master league approach
Mike69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 06:33:PM   #13
Rport03
Youth Team

Rport03 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rport03 Send a message via Yahoo to Rport03
Maybe they are, but me personally I like what there doing but at the same time I want to play the Portuguese league, not the English for the first few years then hope to get offered by someone from the Portuguese League.. All in all its a great thing there doing, its just it wont please everyone but then again what game pleases anyone, theres always someone complaining about something in each and every game, but to me they should of done it like choose your league then give you a choice of a few lower teams from that league, then you work your way up in the league you choose. Oh well its worth a try what there doing then give them suggestions for next year to improve upon...