This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Championship Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-08-2004, 01:35:AM   #14
PSVFOREVER
Fan Favourite

PSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by willem
Dammit! Eidos are for sale because of some stock-issues....and rumours are that EA would take em over. Bye bye CM5.

(Ruud, check http://www.soccer.gamez.nl/artikel.p...tikel&sid=1480 )
I can read that too Not only Ruud

Would be interesting if TCM and CM came together though IMO.
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for letting us work there, and when we got home, our Dad would murder us in cold blood, each night, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah." But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:03:AM   #15
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
No it wouldn't... SI would be a monopolist again. TCM has a very different target public from CM.

Anyway: BGS is a semi-independent developer, so the sale of Eidos doesn't necessarily mean they go to EA. Their contract may be released if EA doesn't want CM. A third option is the cancellation of CM, but I think they'll sooner cancel TCM.

Ubisoft (Football World Manager (PC); Alex Ferguson Player Manager 2002 (GBA)) are also in contention, btw
Old 05-08-2004, 09:57:AM   #16
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted at gamesindustry.biz
Eidos confirms rumours of takeover talks

Rob Fahey 12:12 03/08/2004
Share price on the up as buyout prospect looms on the horizon

British publisher Eidos Plc has confirmed that it is in preliminary talks with a number of companies regarding a possible takeover bid, responding to recent speculation which has caused the company's share price to rebound.

In a trading update issued this morning, Eidos said that "preliminary discussions with a small number of parties in relation to possible business combinations" are taking place - but warned that it was not certain whether these would lead to an offer being made.

Shares in Eidos rose by over 10 per cent yesterday, carrying the company's stock price back over the 100 pence mark, and a further rise of almost four per cent has brought the price to 111 pence today in the wake of the announcement.

Eidos' share price had previously collapsed to around 90 pence after the company issued profits warnings ahead of the end of its financial year on June 31st. At that time, the company denied that any approach had been made regarding a takeover.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:22:AM   #17
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
meh, I think CM would become crap if EA buys it. First I was converted from FIFA to CM and now I think I'm going to buy PES as action footy game instead of FIFA. So no EA in my house anymore and I think more will do the same if EA doesn't stop producing this ridiculous games.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Old 07-08-2004, 04:23:AM   #18
PSVFOREVER
Fan Favourite

PSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Zlatan
meh, I think CM would become crap if EA buys it. First I was converted from FIFA to CM and now I think I'm going to buy PES as action footy game instead of FIFA. So no EA in my house anymore and I think more will do the same if EA doesn't stop producing this ridiculous games.
I like Need for Speed though
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for letting us work there, and when we got home, our Dad would murder us in cold blood, each night, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah." But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:43:PM   #19
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
NFs is not developed by EA sports tho.. I think
Old 07-08-2004, 07:16:PM   #20
Fernandez
Team Captain

Fernandez is a jewel in the roughFernandez is a jewel in the roughFernandez is a jewel in the rough
Only dumb, gullible people buy TCM.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:04:AM   #21
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
Shiny gfx all the way (that's my anti-EA slogan)
Old 09-08-2004, 04:40:AM   #22
willem
Reserve Team

willem is on a distinguished road
Kinda offtopic....but did you guys know the BGS logo is property of Eidos?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:43:AM   #23
Lean
Fan Favourite

Lean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mixafendis
NFs is not developed by EA sports tho.. I think
Yeah, it's developed by Eletronic Arts.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:40:PM   #24
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

Quote:
Originally posted by willem
Kinda offtopic....but did you guys know the BGS logo is property of Eidos?
Eidos also pay for their rent...
Old 16-08-2004, 04:29:PM   #25
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

Rumours about the release date:

Dates provided by three webstores offering pre-order of CM5

www.amazon.co.uk
1st october 2004

www.play.com
15th october 2004

www.gameplay.com
22nd october 2004

Again: RUMOURS
Old 22-08-2004, 03:24:AM   #26
FRED is BACK
Youth Team

FRED is BACK is on a distinguished road
What about the cm demo though?

Trod says, it is not going to be a fun christmas for me i have 7 exams in january,

and i think he he but come june he will be laughing at me