This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Championship Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2005, 03:43:AM   #14
Sir Calumn

Yeah, I noticed that with the players too, sometimes I couldnt even tell who's move it was because they reacted so slow. The goalkeepers are hillarious too, they move really slow til the last minute when they suddenly teleport to the right place to stop the goal.

But as I said in my review, the tactics and speed being possibly the best yet is what merits the game getting a 7.

Old 22-03-2005, 03:47:AM   #15
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
I take 3 full points off for the data alone. Even the EA data is way better.
Old 22-03-2005, 03:54:AM   #16
Sir Calumn

Yeah, looks to me like the data research hasnt extended beyond looking at the squadlists on the club websites.

Old 22-03-2005, 03:57:AM   #17
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Only for (English) top teams. For other teams, they only have the names correct for the 1st team players.

Even the top teams have loads of generic contractable players.
Old 22-03-2005, 04:22:AM   #18
Magic_Mushrooms
Youth Team

Magic_Mushrooms is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by rpvankasteren
I take 3 full points off for the data alone. Even the EA data is way better.
Exactly!
It seems like they randomized the data 98% of the time, and half of the players in the data base are wrong position.
Not to mention even some of the NATIONAL teams have squads from the 90's, with players who no longer play.

The only thing I do give credit to Eidos for is for having balls to release this.

Last edited by Magic_Mushrooms; 22-03-2005 at 11:59:AM.
Old 22-03-2005, 06:08:AM   #19
Sir Calumn

Yeah, but while the match engine and databases are major let downs, even you must admit that the speed and tactics engines are major good points, with everything else in between. Alright, maybe a 7 is a little generous, but definately a 6.

Old 29-03-2005, 11:30:AM   #20
willem
Reserve Team

willem is on a distinguished road
When I signed up with Club Brugge, the board said I had to battle bravely against relegation.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:14:AM   #21
da_gunners_14
Club Supporter

da_gunners_14 is on a distinguished road
lol....the game is fu_cked up
good thing i didn't buy it
Old 03-04-2005, 05:18:AM   #22
da_gunners_14
Club Supporter

da_gunners_14 is on a distinguished road
How can cm5 be worse than cm03/04,
cm5 is it is the latest shouldn't it be the improved version
wat has happened
Old 03-04-2005, 07:44:AM   #23
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

FM 2005 is the improved version of CM 03/04. CM5 is a completely new game.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:34:AM   #24
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Maybe we should make a forum wide announcement that CM 5 IS NOT THE SUCCESSOR OF CM 03/04

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Old 03-04-2005, 01:50:PM   #25
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatan
Maybe we should make a forum wide announcement that CM 5 IS NOT THE SUCCESSOR OF CM 03/04

ive done it about 30 times

TROD.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.