Tottenham reports Manchester United and Liverpool to Premier League

newbie original

We apologize for keeping the yellow too long
Yellow Card
Tottenham have reported Manchester United and Liverpool to The EPL in regards to the two clubs' behavior in their attempt to buy (respectively) strikers Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane.

--------------------X---------------------

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has issued a statement on the club’s website which read: "Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players.

"It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid.

"This comes after a series of events, dating back to last summer, which have shown Manchester United to be in breach of Premier League rules.


"As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the Premier League about the conduct of Manchester United.

"Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the Premier League about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

LINK: http://www.setantasports.com/en/Spo...ts/sport-space/great-britain-locale/football/
 

Help?

Fan Favourite
He is probably just trying to make it a bit harder for Liverpool and United to get the two players. Everybody knows that Spurs need cash badly and he doesn't want the teams to take advantage of their situations. This way maybe the transfer price will go up a little bit by creating the illusion that they don't want to sell in the first place.






Otherwise, that's stupid. It took United 3 month of Calderon talking before reporting Real and now one comment from both managers AFTER both have submitted bids and already reporting them? FA had a good laugh about it.
 

bRaZo0kA

Booked: [warez talk]
Nothing is going to happen to Liverpool and Manutd, the EPL are going to do nothing about this situation, are they going to fine both clubs? i dont think so, this kind of stuff happens everyday, the EPL has about the same power as the UN when it comes to sanctioning the USA for its "war crimes"

to quote dave chappelle..

UN you have a problem with that, you know what u should do you should sanction me, sanction me with your army....oooh thats rightyou dont have an army, i guess that means you need to shut the **** up, shut the **** up, you might speak 16 languages but u gonna need it when u in times square selling fake hats...hahaah

peep the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oqXnsSJ_53w
 

Zakov

Senior Squad
Help?;2551940 said:
He is probably just trying to make it a bit harder for Liverpool and United to get the two players. Everybody knows that Spurs need cash badly and he doesn't want the teams to take advantage of their situations. This way maybe the transfer price will go up a little bit by creating the illusion that they don't want to sell in the first place.

Otherwise, that's stupid. It took United 3 month of Calderon talking before reporting Real and now one comment from both managers AFTER both have submitted bids and already reporting them? FA had a good laugh about it.

Regardless of Tottenham's financial situation, I think that what Utd and L'pool are guilty of unsettling Spurs fans like Madrid did to them with the Ronaldo situation.(to a lesser extent, without the media circus and such)

Fergie and Rafa were making Calderon-like comments saying that the deal will come through eventually(something like that), when they've just made the bid or before they even start bidding for the player.

Not having a go at Utd and L'pool but Tottenham are entitled to report the two clubs even with the knowldege that they'll receive little response concerning this matter.

Again, its just typical in football the way transfers are conducted, but don't complain when it happens to yer club and put a blind eye when yer club is doing the same to other clubs.
 

Seán D

fm prodigy
Tottenham must be desperate for the money. How they can report anyone after their dealings with Bostock and Ramos himself is absurd. Ah well, lets all laugh at how pathetic Tottenham have become.
 

SafHossain03

Youth Team
Both Utd and Liverpool have confirmed they are interested in the players in question. Levy might think that's a case for unsettling the players, but they've just made their interest publicly known. Theres a huge difference from this and the Ronaldo saga where Roman Calderon has apparently got a car ready for him and other such trash. But neither Liverpool nor Utd have said anything about Keane or Berbatov respectively apart from this.

Whether Liverpool have officially bid for Keane is unsure, some very good sources on Liverpool forums are saying a bid has been accepted, personal terms agreed and only a medical remains. The papers are saying a bid is yet to be made. Which is significant: it's all idle press speculation.

Personally I thought the Keane transfer had been handled impeccably until this came out. Quiet, courteous and not like the Barry debacle. If it was leaked to the papers first by someone directly linked with the transfer process, then fine; we're in the wrong.

But I should say, that cock O'neill has been all over the papers, more so than us or the player himself. Every other day he's quoted in the Mirror giving us an update.

I reckon this is an attempt by Levy to save his own face as he no doubt fears the wrath of the Spurs fans if he lets them go - which he will - without any argument.
 

SafHossain03

Youth Team
Zakov;2552000 said:
Fergie and Rafa were making Calderon-like comments saying that the deal will come through eventually(something like that), when they've just made the bid or before they even start bidding for the player.

Fergie has said that they've made a bid and Rafa, when asked, confirmed to the reporter that Keane was on a list of possible suitors.
 

Hans

How big is YOUR penis?
Zakov;2552000 said:
Regardless of Tottenham's financial situation, I think that what Utd and L'pool are guilty of unsettling Spurs fans like Madrid did to them with the Ronaldo situation.(to a lesser extent, without the media circus and such)

Fergie and Rafa were making Calderon-like comments saying that the deal will come through eventually(something like that), when they've just made the bid or before they even start bidding for the player.

Not having a go at Utd and L'pool but Tottenham are entitled to report the two clubs even with the knowldege that they'll receive little response concerning this matter.

Again, its just typical in football the way transfers are conducted, but don't complain when it happens to yer club and put a blind eye when yer club is doing the same to other clubs.
What we did compared to what Real Madrid did is totally different. We make an official bid, we contact Berbatov's owner by the book and that's that. But you will have a case if you compare of what we did when signing Jaap Stam from PSV.

Madrid on the other hand set up a meeting behind Manchester United's back with Cristiano Ronaldo, they even go as far influencing Ronaldo's family and national team-mates to persuade him to come to Bernabeu, it took freaking months for them before they have the guts to make a direct bid to Manchester United.

And being a Chelsea fan you are the last person on earth who have a say about unethical transfer method considering that Ashley Cole **** you pulled off...none of my business anyway, since in the end you'll find out, like the gooner did, that Ashley is just another over paid cheating gay ****....

I don't know the Rafa-Keane situation, but since it concerns Liverpool, let's ******* ban them....
 

Help?

Fan Favourite
Zakov;2552000 said:
Regardless of Tottenham's financial situation, I think that what Utd and L'pool are guilty of unsettling Spurs fans like Madrid did to them with the Ronaldo situation.(to a lesser extent, without the media circus and such)

Fergie and Rafa were making Calderon-like comments saying that the deal will come through eventually(something like that), when they've just made the bid or before they even start bidding for the player.

Not having a go at Utd and L'pool but Tottenham are entitled to report the two clubs even with the knowldege that they'll receive little response concerning this matter.

Again, its just typical in football the way transfers are conducted, but don't complain when it happens to yer club and put a blind eye when yer club is doing the same to other clubs.


No way, talking about a transfer for 3 month during the season saying that the deal is definietly on and then off and then on again every other day, is not the same as waiting for everybody to comeback from holidays, making an official approach, putting in a transfer bid and then a day latter revealing your interest. Not the same at all. Berbatov knew long before Ferguson revealed the bid that United were interested in him and want to go. This is totally different from what Calderon was doing.
 

Zakov

Senior Squad
Hans;2552061 said:
And being a Chelsea fan you are the last person on earth who have a say about unethical transfer method considering that Ashley Cole **** you pulled off...none of my business anyway, since in the end you'll find out, like the gooner did, that Ashley is just another over paid cheating gay ****....

I don't know the Rafa-Keane situation, but since it concerns Liverpool, let's ******* ban them....

Being a football fan I have every right to express my comment on this, regardless of which club I support, yes my club have been involved in a tapping-up a player situation before, and I wasn't particularly proud or pleased with my club for the way we've gotten Cole, hence why I prefer Bridge more than him, and I personally blame PK for that scandal. Well, about A.Cole yer spot on about him cheating and overpaid, but gay??:rofl: lets wait and see............I'm sure he'll give you a call first thing if he ever comes out.:D

SafHossain03;2552051 said:
Fergie has said that they've made a bid and Rafa, when asked, confirmed to the reporter that Keane was on a list of possible suitors.
Fergie said that, yes and added that he was sure of landing Berbatov despite not knowing whether Spurs agreed for the bid or not, (don't know what Rafa said exactly tho). Thats why Levy was pissed, and it gave him a reason to report Utd and L'pool and see if he could make more out of these transfer deals.


Help?;2552071 said:
No way, talking about a transfer for 3 month during the season saying that the deal is definietly on and then off and then on again every other day, is not the same as waiting for everybody to comeback from holidays, making an official approach, putting in a transfer bid and then a day latter revealing your interest. Not the same at all. Berbatov knew long before Ferguson revealed the bid that United were interested in him and want to go. This is totally different from what Calderon was doing.

Yes, thats why I added to a lesser-extent. I don't know how to explain it, but the nature of his comments did seem innocent and he didn't announce it like Calderon did(set the world media alight), but it still had the same effect, if a small one.
But its still obviously unsettling for Spurs fans knowing that Fergie and Rafa are after their two best players.
This is just my view on this matter, but I'm a Chelsea fan so I don't expect L'pool or Man Utd fans to even consider it. :P
 

Arnau_V2

Youth Team
deja vu


or they dont remember how get it?
 

Hans

How big is YOUR penis?
Zakov;2552091 said:
Being a football fan I have every right to express my comment on this, regardless of which club I support, yes my club have been involved in a tapping-up a player situation before, and I wasn't particularly proud or pleased with my club for the way we've gotten Cole, hence why I prefer Bridge more than him, and I personally blame PK for that scandal. Well, about A.Cole yer spot on about him cheating and overpaid, but gay??:rofl:
Dude, remember some gay-party fiasco between one "Arsenal Player" with some gays socialites in a London hotel some season ago ? It was Cole, he let one of them gays ****ed his ass with a vibrating cell-phone... naw why would you let some studs **** you with a cell-phone when you can bang Cheryl Tweedy's ass any day of the week ?
 

newbie original

We apologize for keeping the yellow too long
Yellow Card
Well, Tottenham have now submitted evidence to the EPL, covering the past year, to support their complaint over Berbatov. They're certainly not going away quietly.............
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
newbie original;2552905 said:
Well, Tottenham have now submitted evidence to the EPL, covering the past year, to support their complaint over Berbatov. They're certainly not going away quietly.............

Typical - Benitez has been spending the summer talking about other teams' players and one story gets written that Fergie mentioned Berbatov (and that was the S*N) and it's United they pursue - I bet we get done for it too, the FA love making an example of us (Ferdinand, Cantona - 2000 FA Cup etc)
 


Top