The English Premier League Discussion Thread

Alex

sKIp_E
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
fender;3662876 said:
Well done Chelsea, job well done.

So annoying. The worst thing is, it wasn't even the genius of Jose, or great play that got the result. A stupid Stevie G slip meant that Chelsea didn't even have to play. They defended ok, but that's easy when you're up a goal, and not under nearly as much pressure as your opposition. Liverpool's shooting was terrible. Schwarzer barely had to move from the centre of his goal all game.

I think we'll drop points to Palace now too, maybe even lose and finish third. Hope I'm wrong though. Would be terrible for Stevie G to miss out because of that incident. I have a feeling City will still drop points to either Palace or Everton.
 

N-Razvan

Youth Team
Zakov;3662883 said:
Need Palace to take at least a point from City and all 3 against Pool. Unlikely though. (6)
Everton will do the job in City's case, Palace for Liverpool. Mourinho will troll everyone if this happens.
 

Mus

Fan Favourite
Alex;3662884 said:
So annoying. The worst thing is, it wasn't even the genius of Jose, or great play that got the result. A stupid Stevie G slip meant that Chelsea didn't even have to play. They defended ok, but that's easy when you're up a goal, and not under nearly as much pressure as your opposition. Liverpool's shooting was terrible. Schwarzer barely had to move from the centre of his goal all game.

I think we'll drop points to Palace now too, maybe even lose and finish third. Hope I'm wrong though. Would be terrible for Stevie G to miss out because of that incident. I have a feeling City will still drop points to either Palace or Everton.

Rogers incompetence lost it for them. He had an entire week to prepare for this, he knew exactly how Chelsea would play (not even with a strong team either mind you) and still just let his team constantly be forced wide every time they went forward. He prepared nothing and changed little
 

Alex

sKIp_E
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Mus;3662893 said:
Rogers incompetence lost it for them. He had an entire week to prepare for this, he knew exactly how Chelsea would play (not even with a strong team either mind you) and still just let his team constantly be forced wide every time they went forward. He prepared nothing and changed little

There was no space through the middle. And we had our share of reasonable shots - each directed at Schwarzer. I also still believe that if Gerrard doesn't slip over it's a completely different game. Chelsea were defensive the whole game, but especially once they went up 1 nil. Ten men behind the ball, mostly in the middle, and sitting back. There was little we could do to break it up through there.
 

Alex

sKIp_E
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Zakov;3662883 said:
Need Palace to take at least a point from City and all 3 against Pool. Unlikely though. (6)

A point from City isn't enough for Chelsea? They need 3 dropped by both City and Liverpool. I think Liverpool will drop points to Palace though, especially after that performance.
 

Mus

Fan Favourite
Alex;3662895 said:
There was no space through the middle. And we had our share of reasonable shots - each directed at Schwarzer. I also still believe that if Gerrard doesn't slip over it's a completely different game. Chelsea were defensive the whole game, but especially once they went up 1 nil. Ten men behind the ball, mostly in the middle, and sitting back. There was little we could do to break it up through there.

If we are playing what-ifs, Chelsea had a clear cut penalty turned down on Flanagan's handball and kalas missed an absolute sitter
 

Alex

sKIp_E
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Mus;3662900 said:
If we are playing what-ifs, Chelsea had a clear cut penalty turned down on Flanagan's handball and kalas missed an absolute sitter

Clear cut penalty? No way in the world was that a penalty. Hand against his body, kicked into him fast, at close range. The hand didn't move. If that's a handball, there are hundreds not given every year.

Kalas missed. As I said, Liverpool didn't finish well, it's their own fault. Still frustrating that Chelsea got away with it on the back of a slip.
 

Mus

Fan Favourite
His hand was in an unnatural position about half a meter from his body, penalties are given for that always 100% its a penalty if it was down the other end
 

yoyo913

Team Captain
So if City and Pool are tied on points... Is it the goal difference that wins the title or the head-to-head matches?
 

Deisler

Red Card [Being a douche] exp. 22/1/06
City gets it +58 vs Liverpool's 50. Ironic considering the Reds have the top 2 EPL goalscorers, even more ironic Liperpools title hopes now rely on Everton beating City.
 

Zakov

Senior Squad


Jose (H)
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
yoyo913;3662947 said:
So if City and Pool are tied on points... Is it the goal difference that wins the title or the head-to-head matches?

We lost the title to City 2 years ago by goal difference. We were both tied at 89 points. Worst feeling ever.

As it stands, Liverpool still has the upper hand and probably will win the 2 remaining games but if City wins the remaining games as well, they'll most likely win the title. I'd rather City win it than Liverpool because that will shut off the Liverpoo fans. City fans are non-existant.
 

ShiftyPowers

Make America Great Again
Deisler;3662965 said:
City gets it +58 vs Liverpool's 50. Ironic considering the Reds have the top 2 EPL goalscorers, even more ironic Liperpools title hopes now rely on Everton beating City.

Just need a draw
 

Mandieta6

www.jewsforjesus.org
Staff member
Moderator
Liverpool face Newcastle and Palace who have nothing to play for. They'd have to bottle it to lose, and we need them to lose, not just draw, we can't make up the GD. City face Everton away, but Everton have lost steam and are probably out of the CL picture. They then face Villa, who might be in the relegation fight and West Ham, who are safe. We face Norwich and Cardiff, both of whom might be fighting the relegation battle when we face them, and we've been crap at seeing out matches in which we're clear favorites in the run-in. All in all, I think all 3 will win their remaining matches meaning City gets it.
 

Alex

sKIp_E
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Mandieta6;3662993 said:
Liverpool face Newcastle and Palace who have nothing to play for. They'd have to bottle it to lose, and we need them to lose, not just draw, we can't make up the GD. City face Everton away, but Everton have lost steam and are probably out of the CL picture. They then face Villa, who might be in the relegation fight and West Ham, who are safe. We face Norwich and Cardiff, both of whom might be fighting the relegation battle when we face them, and we've been crap at seeing out matches in which we're clear favorites in the run-in. All in all, I think all 3 will win their remaining matches meaning City gets it.

I think the same, but I'm not sure we won't bottle it against Palace after this last performance
 


Top