Real Madrid Thread [2007-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPaulV

Starting XI
Alright sorry guys that I didnt post about the game I was working but still managed to catch most of it....

We won 2-1 As Hammy said goals by Higuain and Raul (penalty).
Points of notice:
-Raul Scored his 200th Goal. Good on him, i believe he will pass Di Stefano as the alltime leading scorer for Madrid...And will go down as one of the great legends of world Football....

-Marcelo IMO had his best RM game and is MOM in my opinion along with Pepe. The defense was anchored by Pepe indeed who looked good after the first 5 minutes. He was a stalwarth for most the game and saved some uncommon mistakes from Casillas who really wasnt at his best. (He still looked better than 90% of GKs outhere)

-I cant recall a RM madrid game where I was less enthusiastic, I really was nervous for the parts I watched, we just looked shaky at times, specially when the score was 1-1. I must say that the Roma defeat really really affected us....

-We are FAR TOO predictable, and it showed. When we were down 0-1 or even 1-1 we tried to force the ball down the middle time and time again, After we took a lead (which came after a counter attack play) we looked better because we were counterattacking, and that is all we know how to do, counter, if a team stands up in front of us and robs our spaces we look lost...we need creation in the mid.

-Baptista was atrocious again, he gives away way too many balls, and Guti didnt look good until Sneijder came in, Sneijder looked good also...Raul looks too lonely up top without RVN.

We got the title patch right in front of us. At Depor, Valencia and Sevilla at Home and then At Mallorca....how we do in these games determines if we walk with the title this year....Good win, hopefully we get RVN back and we can sit Baptista for a little bit he's out of form...
 

Socrates

Starting XI
big al;2496199 said:
i guess everybody is waiting for the barca game tomorrow.... if we loose expect alot of posts tomorrow in this thread....

btw congrats on raul 200th goal.... btw iam surprised no one has mentioned either that raul last week in the roma game tied inzaghi as the best goalscorer in all european competions with 63 goals i think.....

Maybe the Roma loss was the only thing on our minds, TBH I am not sure if he tied it or not.

Anyway I still have not seen the game but what Paul said is what I am reading everywhere. It seems like Wesley really changed the midfield for us, good thing that he is coming back from injuries because we really need him. Hopefully Tottenham or some other English club with outragous money will make a bid for Baptista in the summer.
 

datboy

Starting XI
yes, please get rid off Baptista this summer!! im so tired of watching him screw up play after play. besides the clasico goal, what has he done that´s good this season??

anyways Barca lost tonight! :D were 8pts clear again! hehe

imagine if we would have won against getafe, almeria and betis? we would have been 17 pts clear!! :O

HALA MADRID!!
 

Socrates

Starting XI
datboy;2496590 said:
yes, please get rid off Baptista this summer!! im so tired of watching him screw up play after play. besides the clasico goal, what has he done that´s good this season??

anyways Barca lost tonight! :D were 8pts clear again! hehe

imagine if we would have won against getafe, almeria and betis? we would have been 17 pts clear!! :O

HALA MADRID!!

Holy **** it's the return of Datboy:D How you been man? It's been a while eh? I think at least:amika:

Yes very good weekend for us but the next 4 games look like it's really gonna test us, if we can pull through there than it will be very nice for us.
 

pullstones_jr

Youth Team
Well, i believe the next couple weeks will define our season...hoping for the best as usual, but somewhat scared as most reports ive heard say that we were somewhat flat on our weekend game. I think our midfield performance depends mainly on Guti's performance and im not sure that he will :(shine, or have the freedom to play at his best in a midfield with gago diarra and baptista; he'll get marked out of the game and since he falls over a bit more than the average midfielder, he gets a lot of rough treatment :( With Schneider/robben being on the field, the opposing defence has a lot more to think about, giving him his freedom ( well more anyway). Also Raul up front....unfortunately, he isnt as dynamic as he once was and i dont believe putting in the frontmost position is gonna help us too much. Im all for him playing, but perhaps Baptista can be promoted to the frontmost position, or higuain/soldado started. Robinho can also occupy that position, but his talents are needed more where they are now
As for the back line, i cant really say what's our best 4. Ramos obviously commands his spot, and im leaning towards marcelo over heinze ( i guess ive gotten too accustomed to overly attacking fullbacks on the left :mrpimp:. Pepe-Canna for the centre backs? They've both been shaky at key points, but they're probably our best bets.

INJURIES have really screwed us over, so we cant afford to get too much cards to compound inavailability of players...ramos has been a card liability in the past, and it Pepe seems to me to be shaping into quite a bruiser also :amika: so i guess that's something to be concerned of. What do you guys see Schuster doing with his players in the next few games guys? Its gonne be tough, but we CAN survive this patch of low form if we flash some of the madridista class :rockman:
 

tim5303

Youth Team
Seems like Barcelona don't want to win the title this year -

it does seem though that we are only going to win thte tile because everyone else is slipping up not that we are playing some great entertaining football
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
When Sneijder wasnt playing, we really saw the weakness of this team! The kid gives us the much needed balance! he works hard, has a great pass and above all, he is a fantastic freekick taker. So from dead plays we will be much more dangerous! This is the first real test that the Guti-Sneijder-Gago midfield will get. These next few games! BTW, I think that Higuain should play more when Ruud isnt there. Baptista has been crap of late and Higuain plays with his head. He is a very smart player! His runs off the ball are really impressive and he is a very creative youngster! I think that the next game against Depor, will be decisive! Lets hope the Gago-Guti-Sneijder midfield stands its ground, because Depor is on a good run!!
 

Socrates

Starting XI
justhammy;2496715 said:
When Sneijder wasnt playing, we really saw the weakness of this team! The kid gives us the much needed balance! he works hard, has a great pass and above all, he is a fantastic freekick taker. So from dead plays we will be much more dangerous! This is the first real test that the Guti-Sneijder-Gago midfield will get. These next few games! BTW, I think that Higuain should play more when Ruud isnt there. Baptista has been crap of late and Higuain plays with his head. He is a very smart player! His runs off the ball are really impressive and he is a very creative youngster! I think that the next game against Depor, will be decisive! Lets hope the Gago-Guti-Sneijder midfield stands its ground, because Depor is on a good run!!

And becuase we have not won there in a long ******* time. Hopefully we can change it around this season and get a win.
 

datboy

Starting XI
Socrates;2496642 said:
Holy **** it's the return of Datboy:D How you been man? It's been a while eh? I think at least:amika:

Yes very good weekend for us but the next 4 games look like it's really gonna test us, if we can pull through there than it will be very nice for us.

haha whatup, Soc? i guess ive been too damn lazy to post here for a while, huh? :$

Valencia and Sevilla will be tough games! but, with Pepe back in defense and RvN back i think we will get 6 pts! :mrpimp:
 

yt23w

Youth Team
big al;2496199 said:
btw congrats on raul 200th goal.... btw iam surprised no one has mentioned either that raul last week in the roma game tied inzaghi as the best goalscorer in all european competions with 63 goals i think.....

Inzaghi over took Raul last round and Raul scored to join Inzaghi on 63. I'm fairly certain...
 

Arnau

NGR LVR
datboy;2496590 said:
imagine if we would have won against getafe, almeria and betis? we would have been 17 pts clear!! :O

pff sure and if betis win all matches they would been the champions in march ¬¬
 

Socrates

Starting XI
Not a lot of talk in here recently? I guess everyone is nervous about the Deportivo game. It's been 17 years since we have won there, Damn that's way too long. And to add to that De Guzman stated that he would give up sex for a year to score against us:amika:Hopefully we win and he still scores.

Also Marcelo is a legend per his response to being asking about Atleti asking for protection of Aguero.

Marcelo - I'm old enough not to ask for help any more. I'll protect myself.
 

KingPaulV

Starting XI
Congrats to Marcelo on an awesome answer to the question....Aguero is starting to annoy me....he just talks too much and cries too much...

anyway, some updates....

-RVN will not play in Riazor, but he is expected to start against Valencia in the Bernabeu. Robben is also aiming to be back up for that game as well...it would be so ironic if finally with like 6 games to go we get our entire squad fit, truly a shame...but good for us towards the end of the season...

-Luis Fabiano (current La liga top scorer) is in our sights according to various reports, his transfer fee would be about 11mill...not too shaby, but the greater debate is wether we should go after somebody like Drogba in the summer or some young up and coming talents...

-it is very possibl that we will Use De La Red (who is having a monster year in Getafe) as a bargain chip to be able to obtain the services of Caceres a young Uruguayan CB who plays at Recre...Dont know much about Caceres myself thought...
-Schuster has been re-assured of his Job by the entire upper echelon (i believe that's the right move, we cant keep ditching our coaches)
 

Socrates

Starting XI
Another striker that I have heard rumors about is Mario Gomez who IMO would be a great player to have. The guy is a tank but he is also pretty good with the ball at his feet and he is young. Only problem is that he would cost about 30 million euros according to reports.

As for Fabiano...like Alves he is a good player but pisses me off with his antics and ****. I would perfer if we could get someone else...
 

Arnau

NGR LVR
caceres is very good (and yuong) defender with great head shoots if madrid sign will be good chance i think he can do better than cannavaro. to be often i cant imagine luis fallamos (menos este año que lo mete todo) in madrid, is good player but nothing of other world, drogba, or better ,young talent (because rvn is the madrid killer and raul cant be touched if the coach dont wanna be killed) like benzema.

dont forget granero.
alves is not good player is the BEST ! everybody in spain say the same! watch more la liga !

marcelo must keep in his bussines, aguero recive in every match 134321 kicks because the ref. satanize him for a hand goal, so this players deserve a protection, if not dont cry anymore for robben.
 

big al

Senior Squad
KingPaulV;2498006 said:
Congrats to Marcelo on an awesome answer to the question....Aguero is starting to annoy me....he just talks too much and cries too much...

anyway, some updates....

-RVN will not play in Riazor, but he is expected to start against Valencia in the Bernabeu. Robben is also aiming to be back up for that game as well...it would be so ironic if finally with like 6 games to go we get our entire squad fit, truly a shame...but good for us towards the end of the season...

-Luis Fabiano (current La liga top scorer) is in our sights according to various reports, his transfer fee would be about 11mill...not too shaby, but the greater debate is wether we should go after somebody like Drogba in the summer or some young up and coming talents...

-it is very possibl that we will Use De La Red (who is having a monster year in Getafe) as a bargain chip to be able to obtain the services of Caceres a young Uruguayan CB who plays at Recre...Dont know much about Caceres myself thought...
-Schuster has been re-assured of his Job by the entire upper echelon (i believe that's the right move, we cant keep ditching our coaches)

well its seems the guy your going to buy is sinama pongolle, haha.... dont ask me why.
 

Socrates

Starting XI
Arnau;2498053 said:
caceres is very good (and yuong) defender with great head shoots if madrid sign will be good chance i think he can do better than cannavaro. to be often i cant imagine luis fallamos (menos este año que lo mete todo) in madrid, is good player but nothing of other world, drogba, or better ,young talent (because rvn is the madrid killer and raul cant be touched if the coach dont wanna be killed) like benzema.

dont forget granero.
alves is not good player is the BEST ! everybody in spain say the same! watch more la liga !

marcelo must keep in his bussines, aguero recive in every match 134321 kicks because the ref. satanize him for a hand goal, so this players deserve a protection, if not dont cry anymore for robben.

LOL, I was not comparing the skill of Alves ( yes he is the best RB, I only say that as I perfer Ramos at CB ) but man he pissed me off more than Fabiano. I would kind of hate it if he played for us, that's why I would not want him or Fabiano here.

Maybe Aguero should have done the same thing but as you said if the press ask him a question he should ansrew right? Aguero is starting to be like Alves, great player but gets on the nerves and he cries to everything. Yes Robben got taken out by a bad tackle and like Pepe said it happens but we did not complian as such so I don't know what your talking about. Robben injures himself more than anything and that's what most of the discussion on him is about.
 

KingPaulV

Starting XI
Big Al where did you get your Sinama Pongole story from?....either way, I doubt we'll get Luis Fabiano, as I hear it he is only a third option, the primary could be Drogba, and the secondary a young ST to replace RVN, which brings me to this point...why dont we give Soldado playing time? I am convinced, that the kid has talent.....a shame really, and If i was Mijatovic, I would re coup Granero...he is looking like gold, and not to sit on the bench but actually to play
 

Socrates

Starting XI
KingPaulV;2498091 said:
Big Al where did you get your Sinama Pongole story from?....either way, I doubt we'll get Luis Fabiano, as I hear it he is only a third option, the primary could be Drogba, and the secondary a young ST to replace RVN, which brings me to this point...why dont we give Soldado playing time? I am convinced, that the kid has talent.....a shame really, and If i was Mijatovic, I would re coup Granero...he is looking like gold, and not to sit on the bench but actually to play

On Soldado, it's my understanding that Mijatovic wanted him back here and not Schuster and also there was some questinos about his attitude or some of the things that happened in practice in the preseason like laziness but not sure how true it is. Either way it seems like he will be out of here in the summer time. Benzema would be an excellent additon but lots of ******* money.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.


Top