No Custom Formations?

xPr0metheus

Reserve Team
I don't see the option to make my own formation anymore - did they remove it? I hate how the players move in the existing formations - for example I play in 4-4-2, Borussia Mönchengladbach. In reality, when defending, you can the see the team holding the 4-4-2 formation very strict. However in the game, there is no form at all - everyone running around, no synchron movement. With custom formations, I could at least achieve this a little. Now it's completely gone.
 

bangus

Starting XI
Haven't checked if that feature was removed, but I create all my custom formations in the db so that I have several to choose from depending on the game situation. So a non-issue if you're still on PC.
 

Bendit

Youth Team
Bangus, would you be so kind as to tell me which row in the DB you edit for both custom and default formations? Hopefully this is useful to xPr0metheus too.

I have been editing the 'default_teamsheets' and 'teams' rows to adjust default buildup play etc, but I am not seeing the changes in game for some reason.
 

bangus

Starting XI
xPr0metheus;3858691 said:
Hmmm, can you also adjust movement behavior in db? I mean what I described in OP
Oh by movement behavior you mean directional arrows, etc.? That was removed last year, there are individual player instructions now. But you can still set players to high defend/low attack or whatever combo you like, those values are still in the db (players table).
 

bangus

Starting XI
Bendit;3858692 said:
Bangus, would you be so kind as to tell me which row in the DB you edit for both custom and default formations?
I will as soon as Freda0 "forgives" me... :quote:

Nah, I'm not THAT much of a dick lol. Your team's formation positioning is edited in the default_teamsheets table, check teamid #. The 27 or so formations your team can choose from in-game are edited in the formations table (formations with teamid -1). Not sure which table edits player instructions - this is all from memory - but it might be the defaultteamdata table. EA went to great lengths last year to mess with our minds and make editing teams a hassle.
 

Bendit

Youth Team
Thanks for your help, Bangus. (Y)

Editing the default_teamsheets table I have now some custom tactics saved for teams and available in game. Do you know is it possible to edit the default team tactics though, so the AI will use them by default for a few teams?

Otherwise one can always swap sides and choose the custom tactics for them, I guess. No big deal.
 

bangus

Starting XI
Bendit;3858705 said:
Do you know is it possible to edit the default team tactics though, so the AI will use them by default for a few teams?
Oh yes, all that is possible via table edits. This year I have all teams max defend/min attack. Last year I edited all teams' defense aggression and buildup speed, along with many teams' player instructions.
 

xPr0metheus

Reserve Team
bangus;3858695 said:
Oh by movement behavior you mean directional arrows, etc.? That was removed last year, there are individual player instructions now. But you can still set players to high defend/low attack or whatever combo you like, those values are still in the db (players table).


I know, but that doesn't achieve real formation play. Tried nearly all possible combinations
 


Top