Gamepad Configuration Tutorial

Shards

Youth Team
_Rodman_ said:
Finally I solved my problem with my XFX Dual Vibration Gamepad.

It wouldn't recognize my right joystick, so what I did was, edit the windows registry and replace every key that had the name of my gamepad with the name of trustmaster 3.2 (it seemed to be the most similar to mine), and then in my documents\fifa06\data\user in the devdata file i replaced all the 3 lines with the 3 lines of axis pad that appears in the beggining of this file.

Then voilá, configure the controlers on fifa and let's play !

FINALLY!!!!
 

backleft

Club Supporter
really u this is one of the gr8est post ever seen
thank u sooo much now i can play on ma own style

frooooooozzzzaaaaaaaaa neraaaazzzzzzuuuuurrrrrriiiiiiiiii
 

starhannes

Youth Team
guys how do i know what button number is which on my gamepad?

For example how do i find out what my (playstation"X") button is on my gamepad so that i can use that for pass?
 

backleft

Club Supporter
go to the control panel and use the game \controller to enter the gamepad probritz and remap uor key or just identify them
the buttom N#1 is for the through
the button N# 2 is for the shotting
The buttonN# 3 is fot the pase X
The buttonN# 4 for the crossing
 

starhannes

Youth Team
^^

I usually help people but i wont help you because i feel the instructions are CLEAR enough! i couldnt help you more! and Im not gonna go fill out those numbers for you! lazy you!
 

javier_guevar25

Club Supporter
Hi!! I have a ThrustMaster Firestorm Digital 2, but in control panel it appears like Eje 2 botón 12 controlador para juegos (Axis 2 button 12 controller for games).
I don't know what happened, I edited the devdata and it didn't work.
I wrote the original name of gamepad on devdata... nothing...
I changed the name with Regedit to Thrustmaster Firestorm Digital 2 and changed it on devdata... nothing...
I don't know... can somebody help me?
 

junialum

Club Supporter
I've searched high and low for an XBOX 360 for Windows Controller and thank goodness someone read my post and emailed me this. Thanks a million, Chris Runde!
Here is an excerpt from his email.


"All you need to do is to enter those lines before the line at the end of the file "ENDOFFILE":

[XBOX 360|XBOX 360 For Windows|XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)]
DEADZONES=0.3,0.3,0.3
0|18|21,0|19|22,0|16|19,0|17|20,1|22|5,1|23|6,0|20|3,0|21|4,0|1|2,1|3|2,
0|18|2|0|2,3|2|2,4|11|2,5|13|2,6|10|2,7|14|2,8|9|2,9|8|2

0|18|21,0|19|22,0|16|19,0|17|20,1|22|5,1|23|6,0|20|3,0|21|4,3|24|3,3|25|
0|18|4,2|26|5,2|27|6,0|2|2,1|1|2,2|3|2,3|0|2,4|10|2,5|13|2,6|11|2,7|14|2
0|18|,8|15|2

0|18|21,0|19|22,0|16|19,0|17|20,1|22|5,1|23|6,0|20|3,0|21|4,3|24|3,3|25|
0|18|4,2|26|5,2|27|6,0|2|2,1|1|2,2|3|2,3|0|2,4|10|2,5|13|2,6|11|2,7|14|2
0|18|,8|15|2

Then Save the file, and launch FIFA 06... I think it will then work fine.
Even the right hand side digital pad will work for freestyle movements. And the XBOX gamepad will be recognized by the game."
 

steve04

Club Supporter
registry???????

_Rodman_ said:
Finally I solved my problem with my XFX Dual Vibration Gamepad.

It wouldn't recognize my right joystick, so what I did was, edit the windows registry and replace every key that had the name of my gamepad with the name of trustmaster 3.2 (it seemed to be the most similar to mine), and then in my documents\fifa06\data\user in the devdata file i replaced all the 3 lines with the 3 lines of axis pad that appears in the beggining of this file.

Then voilá, configure the controlers on fifa and let's play !

Hi guys,
I see u got the xfx game pad working and that you did it by going In the registry.
Please can you tell me how to get into the registry and what else I need to do?
I have followed the instructions in the guide, but i dont know what you mean by registry?
Thank you
steve
 

som3a

Youth Team
Hi all.

I'm using a logitech cordless rumblepad 2. The problem is when I use the digital mode I can't get the players to move diagonally and it's driving me crazy.

I don't want to use the analog stick to control the movement of the players as I'm not good at this and also it's never that accurate (i.e.) I can't direct my passes and runs in the exact directions where I want them to be.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.
 

santista

Youth Team
i have a microsoft sidewinder gamepad v1.0

it only has one pad not two as you can see in this pic---->


in previous fifas i wa able to push the button in the middle and hold it dowun in combination with the arrows and it would work as teh trick stick but on fifa 06 i cannot it pauses the game instead wich used to be the small button on top of that now all it does is bring up an arrow on the screen

can anyone tell me exactly how to configure those 2 buttons
 

gaven

Club Supporter
Rinaldo said:
I have seen so many problems with gamepad configuration and I have decided to write a short tutorial for helping to solve them.
Thanks very much this has help me sort out problem I had with my Logitech Wingman Cordless USB.
But it took me all day to understand any of it, as I am not very good at that sort of thing.
THANKS AGAIN
 

quattrocchi

Club Supporter
I need help with my gamepad

Ok, at first i used to play with Genius MaxFire G-12U Vibration

It worked really well until it got broken and i had to change it. I bought an Acteck but it was a simplier gamepad.

Now i bought again the Maxfire because my second gamepad has broken.

But i have a problem that i didn't with the previous Genius MAXfire.
During the game, it seems to have a bug or something that simulates the button of "bicycle step" to be pressed continously. I tried changing the layout of the buttons to see if it was a technical disfunction of the gamepad.

but it looks like the game is the one who is rejecting my gamepad.


Everything is ok except for this, when my player gets the ball, starts to do the "evade step", the one where the leg covers and hides the ball..over and over...

I really need help
 

klear

Youth Team
Hey, I have a Gamware Rumble USB Pad that I need help configuring with this game. Can anyone help?
 

hoohgoo

Club Supporter
steve04 said:
Hi guys,
I see u got the xfx game pad working and that you did it by going In the registry.
Please can you tell me how to get into the registry and what else I need to do?
I have followed the instructions in the guide, but i dont know what you mean by registry?
Thank you
steve

the same as this guy do you meen regedit is so tryed that but could see no way to do it in there please help me.
 

taipan

Youth Team
som3a said:
Hi all.

I'm using a logitech cordless rumblepad 2. The problem is when I use the digital mode I can't get the players to move diagonally and it's driving me crazy.

I don't want to use the analog stick to control the movement of the players as I'm not good at this and also it's never that accurate (i.e.) I can't direct my passes and runs in the exact directions where I want them to be.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.





i second this post with a personal sad violin player :boohoo:


anyone have ANY idea?
 


Top