FIFA 14 Better Career Patch

Simsbury88

Club Supporter
There's a gamey way to adjust board objectives. You can put your worst team in the starting 11 and subs right at the end of the season and the board will give you low objectives.
 

shiranughie

Club Supporter
Hello guys,
I have question regarding transfer activity.

I recently played as manager of Sporting CP, then after couple of transfer windows, it occured to me that there's no big transfer movement at all from another league. Big transfer only happen in my league and brazilian league, but those aren't big enough because their transfer budget is not that much initially.
Big transfer activities from another league also only happen if I transfer listed my good player, and some big teams from my league (Porto, Benfica, and SC Braga) brought in some quality player from another league.

This never happen before when I play as manager at BPL, Bundesliga, MLS, and BBVA.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I never tweaked transfer activity before so maybe you guys have some ideas on which part I should start with.

Oh, btw, i use the newest moddingway patch (2.5.1) and your patch version 3.6 (I didn't update to newer version because I already felt comfortable with this version and I tweaked the rest myself but only player growth, scout, and moralesetting). I already played with this combination (moddingway 2.5.1 and BCP 3.6) for 5 seasons in Bundesliga, then 4 seasons in MLS, so far no problem until I started new a one in Portugal.
 

777

Club Supporter
Hey Beta 990 i have a suggestion for you? we all know that all modders are struggling with making more fouls per game or per match, but i think Fidel has made the most realistic gameplay and fair enough fouls per game, you also put gameplay patch into your mod right? so i don't know if its gonna work, what if you talk with fidel and put his gameplay mod into your patch, but there is a problem fidel has different db wich lowers players' overall and totally screws up the transfers when i install both of your mods together, i just wanted to know is there a way to put fidel's gameplay patch into your mod, and make it work properly? just being curious about it
 

runaway42

Youth Team
777;3659237 said:
Hey Beta 990 i have a suggestion for you? we all know that all modders are struggling with making more fouls per game or per match, but i think Fidel has made the most realistic gameplay and fair enough fouls per game, you also put gameplay patch into your mod right? so i don't know if its gonna work, what if you talk with fidel and put his gameplay mod into your patch, but there is a problem fidel has different db wich lowers players' overall and totally screws up the transfers when i install both of your mods together, i just wanted to know is there a way to put fidel's gameplay patch into your mod, and make it work properly? just being curious about it

I think to make more fouls using Fidel's mod, the DB should also be used. Just the rna file doesn't cut it.
 

777

Club Supporter
Yeah i am using fidel's db + ai+hg, and i also installed Beta's final 4.0 without rna files, the gameplay is pretty good, i get good amount of fouls but players are too expensive in career, for example Costa is like 60 million pounds, but i can buy him for 43million and some good players are like only 5000 pounds
 

smr6

Club Supporter
Is there a way to increase the effect of fatigue? I'm playing but the only players that get tired are my central midfielders, and even so they could play the entire game and still be ready for the next game.

As it is I really don't have to rotate my players at all. I like when I have to because it helps me get more players involved and get them playing time. If I sim the fatigue works normal, it's just in games I play that they don't get tired.
 

gabelogan

Youth Team
could be that these stamina modification in this patch affects the fatigue in the whole game? in other game modes aswell? in tournament mode there is no fatigue at all now. im using moddingway mod and this patch is included if im right


EDIT:
never mind SOLVED, cmsettings.ini effects the whole game, in there there is "fitness" or "fatigue" :) you have to tweak it by yourself to suit your needs
 

Live

Club Supporter
I was wondering if there's any way to see the overall stats of the players in the career mode without having to use the scouts by modifying some key in your ini files.
 

Mistico

Club Supporter
Live;3661059 said:
I was wondering if there's any way to see the overall stats of the players in the career mode without having to use the scouts by modifying some key in your ini files.

I don't think it's possible. It sucks, I hope they will change it in FIFA 15.

@beta990 No posts from you for a long time, I hope you're still working on this mod. Tell me, what are your plans for the future release(s) ?
 

Foxyf76

Senior Squad
Live;3661059 said:
I was wondering if there's any way to see the overall stats of the players in the career mode without having to use the scouts by modifying some key in your ini files.

I too hope this is fixed in 15. Although it is more realistic, it is impossible to buy players with low-budget teams. I find myself spending what little money I have, taking a guess and hoping the player is good. I've just resorted to reading player info like 'showing great potential' etc before I buy them, which takes a lot of searching. The scouting system is a big failure imo.
 

yagyesh

Club Supporter
Hello Beta990 I Have Few Questions

Is there a way to see all players overall values during career mode ??

How to find more 75-100 rating youth players when sending scouts to different countries ??(youth scouting).
 

beta990

Reserve Team
777;3656582 said:
"See this line in transfers.ini: HIGHCLUBIDENTITYWITHCURRENTCLUB=-160" Beta 990

Does it mean that i need to make the value more negative to make players more loyal to their club? which number would you suggest me? And i want to increase players' transfer price how do i do that? Thanks Beta
Yep, you could try like -190 or even a more negative number. I would suggest to tweak this at your own needs and see what works best. :)
Transfer-values:
Ivsa;3656686 said:
For transfer prices you have "playervalues" file that you need to edit, there you can increase value for overall, for age, for position and so on!?
XKBlade;3656782 said:
HI beta, I'd like to know what is the full list of things Database patch allow ? Apart for increased Youth-Team and pre-contract does it add other things ? Bug fixes from vanilla or other important things ?

I've tested 4.0 and I think that CPU AI still doing too much good tackle they don't make many fault while they play agressively (playing on International). There is always 1-2 or even 3 Cpu players coming on you to get the ball. Sometimes I found them a bit too well positionned and accurates in their actions.
But maybe it's because of my fucking team AI that's lazy and don't do anything. They lack of agressivity and I feel like they call for the ball less than before or at least they stop running more often/faster...

Anyway I think the biggest problem is the lack of fault from CPU compared to his aggressivity. Or have a more varied gameplay without CPU harrassing you during the whole match even in low team with low physical players just because you have set an high difficulty. (seriously those companies need to really work harder on AI in their games, AI equal sh*t most of the time in most of games)
Oh i'm thinking about that, is there any possibility to increase the number of shots CPU try ? Because CPU AI always try to get the 100% chance to score in front of goal (if it was possible to make a pass in the goal CPU would definatly do it) and never try powerful shots from outside the box. (only exception are star players like Rooney, Ibrahimovic...). It would be more entertaining to have an AI try things and don't score most of the time with only 1 attempt or 2 (for me at least it's the most frustrating things).

Edit : I have an other question does rna (and maybe other files) affect TOTW and day matchs ?
Hi XKBlade,

Unfortunately I could not set the youth team higher. Although it is possible to set the value higher, it will crash the game 3 days later. No solution yet.
I'd increased the season-count from 15 to 30, and changed some of the database schema (age tweaking) and changed some game settings (sliders, settings, crowd intensity, etc.)

Thanks for your feedback about gameplay! Yeah, it still needs improvement and I will look at your comment and try to get this better in v4.1. I will be back to this shortly. :)

What do you mean with TOTW and day matches?
L€ON69;3656851 said:
i never installed this wonderful patch..can i install the whole patch just by downloading
FIFA_14_BCP_Installer_V4.0 Final??

is this compatible with online game?
Yep, just select the Installer. At the installer, you can select Online gaming, but remember that it isn't compatible with the database. So don't select it. :)

That's reminds me, going to add a preset to the Installer, so it gives you all the things that work online. Thanks! :P
flosd;3657474 said:
Thanks for the great patch beta. Gameplay is very nice but playergrowth still seems to be a problem. I hope you can fix this issue soon.
Np. :)
Could you please tell me what you don't like at the growth? Yes, I know it is still not 100% perfect, so feedback will help.
flosd;3658576 said:
How do you edit the board objectives in the beginning of the season? I feel like they expect way too much. E.g. In Wolves career, first season got promoted and in second season they expect automatic promotion. I got promoted again to Premier League the next season and they expect Europa League and eventually I got sacked during the season.

Whenever I do a career with a lower league team this always happens. I get sacked after a few seasons due to high board expectations.
This needs some database editing. Will try to get this better in the next version. :)
Simsbury88;3658600 said:
There's a gamey way to adjust board objectives. You can put your worst team in the starting 11 and subs right at the end of the season and the board will give you low objectives.
Lol
 

beta990

Reserve Team
shiranughie;3659033 said:
Hello guys,
I have question regarding transfer activity.

I recently played as manager of Sporting CP, then after couple of transfer windows, it occured to me that there's no big transfer movement at all from another league. Big transfer only happen in my league and brazilian league, but those aren't big enough because their transfer budget is not that much initially.
Big transfer activities from another league also only happen if I transfer listed my good player, and some big teams from my league (Porto, Benfica, and SC Braga) brought in some quality player from another league.

This never happen before when I play as manager at BPL, Bundesliga, MLS, and BBVA.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I never tweaked transfer activity before so maybe you guys have some ideas on which part I should start with.

Oh, btw, i use the newest moddingway patch (2.5.1) and your patch version 3.6 (I didn't update to newer version because I already felt comfortable with this version and I tweaked the rest myself but only player growth, scout, and moralesetting). I already played with this combination (moddingway 2.5.1 and BCP 3.6) for 5 seasons in Bundesliga, then 4 seasons in MLS, so far no problem until I started new a one in Portugal.
I don't remember in what version I tweaked the transfer system (a lot). Will try this myself and report it back. :)
GS1905;3659065 said:
is it possible to increase transfer activity ? (I mean other teams are making rarely transfers)
Don't look at the last transfer day (deadline), look in the news. Also in S2> that's where the big money comes in. ;)
777;3659237 said:
Hey Beta 990 i have a suggestion for you? we all know that all modders are struggling with making more fouls per game or per match, but i think Fidel has made the most realistic gameplay and fair enough fouls per game, you also put gameplay patch into your mod right? so i don't know if its gonna work, what if you talk with fidel and put his gameplay mod into your patch, but there is a problem fidel has different db wich lowers players' overall and totally screws up the transfers when i install both of your mods together, i just wanted to know is there a way to put fidel's gameplay patch into your mod, and make it work properly? just being curious about it
Hi 777,

Fidel is one of the best modders around, so you best asking him the same question. :)

About gameplay, I believe Fidel offers his (AI?) mod as standalone, take a look at his download page.
runaway42;3659240 said:
I think to make more fouls using Fidel's mod, the DB should also be used. Just the rna file doesn't cut it.
No idea to be honest, didn't found a line when I was looking a few weeks ago. But will take a look and see how to make some improvements.
777;3659365 said:
Yeah i am using fidel's db + ai+hg, and i also installed Beta's final 4.0 without rna files, the gameplay is pretty good, i get good amount of fouls but players are too expensive in career, for example Costa is like 60 million pounds, but i can buy him for 43million and some good players are like only 5000 pounds
See playervalues.ini and tweak it to your own needs. :)
XKBlade;3659660 said:
Maybe you can delete the playervalues.ini ? The game should come back to vanilla prices.[/QUOTE
That could work, but tweaking is more fun. ;)
smr6;3660565 said:
Is there a way to increase the effect of fatigue? I'm playing but the only players that get tired are my central midfielders, and even so they could play the entire game and still be ready for the next game.

As it is I really don't have to rotate my players at all. I like when I have to because it helps me get more players involved and get them playing time. If I sim the fatigue works normal, it's just in games I play that they don't get tired.
cmsettings.ini
Live;3661059 said:
I was wondering if there's any way to see the overall stats of the players in the career mode without having to use the scouts by modifying some key in your ini files.
See gtndatareveal.csv:
Code:
//Key for the pourprose of the interval,AgeMin,AgeMax,RangeMin,RangeMax,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
IntervalShowNever,0,100,-100,-40,"// for a player with the age in the [AgeMin,AgeMax) interval, if the attribute is in the [RangeMin, RangeMax) interval, the attribute will never be showed (red) - please see the Player Examples tab in Fog of War Attributes.xlsx",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
IntervalShowImmediate,0,16,5,100,"// for a player with the age in the [AgeMin,AgeMax) interval, if the attribute is in the [RangeMin, RangeMax) interval, the attribute will be green",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
IntervalShowImmediate,16,29,10,100,"// attributes that are neither red nor green according to these intervals, are yellow (research)",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
IntervalShowImmediate,29,100,10,100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Edit with Notepad++!
Mistico;3661473 said:
I don't think it's possible. It sucks, I hope they will change it in FIFA 15.

@beta990 No posts from you for a long time, I hope you're still working on this mod. Tell me, what are your plans for the future release(s) ?
Well, it is a bit more realistic. In real life you also need to scout a player first. :P

Yes, I'm still alive btw., but had busy weeks. ;)
Now more free time, so I will start tweaking again. At the moment v4.0 is stable and working well for most users. Gameplay/transfer/growth, etc. could still be improved, and thanks to the feedback I hope to release a new version very soon. :)
Foxyf76;3661511 said:
I too hope this is fixed in 15. Although it is more realistic, it is impossible to buy players with low-budget teams. I find myself spending what little money I have, taking a guess and hoping the player is good. I've just resorted to reading player info like 'showing great potential' etc before I buy them, which takes a lot of searching. The scouting system is a big failure imo.
yagyesh;3661624 said:
Hello Beta990 I Have Few Questions

Is there a way to see all players overall values during career mode ??

How to find all 75+ players when sending scouts to different countries ??
See post above, this should help. :)
 

yagyesh

Club Supporter
Hello Beta990 I Have Few Questions

Is there a way to see all players overall values during career mode ??

How to find more 75-100 rating youth players when sending scouts to different countries ??(youth scouting).

CAn u pls elaborate your answer ???? pls pls
 

Foxyf76

Senior Squad
Hi Beta, thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at the section in gtndatareveal.csv with notepad++, but im not sure what it means. Could you please tell me what values need to be changed to show player ratings in scout reports? Thanks.

Edit: I tried messing editing the table, but I somehow made it worse:/ Now in the scouting report, it will only show the stats that are green. The red stats just have question marks.
 

smr6

Club Supporter
gabelogan;3660828 said:
could be that these stamina modification in this patch affects the fatigue in the whole game? in other game modes aswell? in tournament mode there is no fatigue at all now. im using moddingway mod and this patch is included if im right


EDIT:
never mind SOLVED, cmsettings.ini effects the whole game, in there there is "fitness" or "fatigue" :) you have to tweak it by yourself to suit your needs

What exactly did you change in there? I went in there and changed some things and couldn't get it to change much so I'm not sure that I am changing the right categories or not changing them by the right amounts or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

beta990;3661654 said:
cmsettings.ini

Sorry I'm not very good with these files. I tried changing things up but couldn't get it to make a difference. Which parts of the cmsettings.ini would you recomment changing to make players fatigue more in games I play? The fatigue works perfect for simmed matches but the ones I play they never get tired.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge!
 

acrimoni

Club Supporter

I use these old fitness settings, which work fine. In the cmsettings.ini:
[FITNESS] // new energy recovery model - adam & simon
ENABLED = 1
PLAYER_MAXENERGY = 100
PLAYER_MIN_OVERALL_FOR_NEWS = 75
ENERGY_THRESHOLD_FOR_FATIGUED_EMAIL = 54
NUM_DAYS_FOR_LONG_TERM_INJURY = 14
CONSTANT = 10.0 // (default: 6.0)

// 0 - 33
BASE_DAY_1_1 = 28
BASE_DAY_1_2 = 21
BASE_DAY_1_3 = 16
BASE_DAY_1_4 = 9
BASE_DAY_1_5 = 8
BASE_DAY_1_6 = 6
BASE_DAY_1_7 = 5
BASE_DAY_1_8 = 4
BASE_DAY_1_9 = 2
BASE_DAY_1_10 = 1

// 33 - 66
BASE_DAY_2_1 = 28
BASE_DAY_2_2 = 24
BASE_DAY_2_3 = 12
BASE_DAY_2_4 = 10
BASE_DAY_2_5 = 6
BASE_DAY_2_6 = 6
BASE_DAY_2_7 = 5
BASE_DAY_2_8 = 4
BASE_DAY_2_9 = 3
BASE_DAY_2_10 = 2

// 66 - 100
BASE_DAY_3_1 = 29
BASE_DAY_3_2 = 24
BASE_DAY_3_3 = 16
BASE_DAY_3_4 = 9
BASE_DAY_3_5 = 7
BASE_DAY_3_6 = 5
BASE_DAY_3_7 = 4
BASE_DAY_3_8 = 3
BASE_DAY_3_9 = 2
BASE_DAY_3_10 = 1

- also, what are peoples playergrowth.ini values for the may update?
these are getting the best results for me, but i havent tested them on own youth academy players.

// Phase 1 - Youngster
PHYS_P1_X = 16
PHYS_P1_Y = 65
SKILL_P1_X = 17
SKILL_P1_Y = 70
MENTAL_P1_X = 17
MENTAL_P1_Y = 80

// Phase 2 - Probably where players have to grow the most
PHYS_P2_X = 22
PHYS_P2_Y = 110
SKILL_P2_X = 25
SKILL_P2_Y = 100
MENTAL_P2_X = 30
MENTAL_P2_Y = 100

// Phase 3 - No more growth, maybe some (little) decreases
PHYS_P3_X = 28
PHYS_P3_Y = 110
SKILL_P3_X = 29
SKILL_P3_Y = 100
MENTAL_P3_X = 32
MENTAL_P3_Y = 100

// Phase 4 - Old players, decrease, decrease and...decreases
PHYS_P4_X = 39
PHYS_P4_Y = 70
SKILL_P4_X = 39
SKILL_P4_Y = 80
MENTAL_P4_X = 39
MENTAL_P4_Y = 90
 


Top