Changing Adboard Type Research

scouser09

Senior Squad
This question has been asked many times, I have done some research into it and have found some sucess.

FIFA 13 has two adboard types, static (all different boards, do not move) and electronic (boards change, one adboard shown at a time).

I will also state that my research was done with FIFA 12 versions, but since these are very similar to FIFA 13 versions, this information should apply.

This is not a tutorial, rather my research into the problem and the parts of the solution which is known to me. I apologise for the poor explanations.


PART 1: CHANGING ADBOARD ANIMATION (SOLVED)

To do this you will need a stadium with static adboards and one with electronic adboards. I am using Anfield (static) and Emirates Stadium (electronic). You will need a hex editor.

Search the static adboard stadium file for "adboarddigitalambient".
Search the electronic adboard stadium file for "adboardambient"

The parts you are looking for should look similar to these. Select the sections as shown in the screenshot.



If you want to turn static to electronic, copy the highlighted selection from the electronic adboard stadium into the static stadium, overwriting the highlighted section, and save. Do the inverse for electronic to static.

If you check in game, the animation will now be correct, but the texture layout will not. For formerly static adboard stadiums, all adboards will show different textures, as before. For formerly electronic adboard stadiums, all adboards will be the same, as before.


PART 2: CHANGING ADBOARD ARRANGEMENT (RESEARCH)

This section is incomplete, here is what I know so far. You will need your stadium file and Stadium Worker 13 by Ludo.

Open the stadium in SW13 and select the adboard part. The correct texture and render name will will include the word adboard, shown below for my edited Anfield. Please note that some stadiums will originally have both electronic and static adboards, electronic adboards pitchside, static adboards elsewhere.



In the textures tab, select diffuse texture and in the texture coordinate tab select and texture coordinate and click load quads. In the stadium file, the adboard texture is represented by a 2x2 pixel image, the actual adboard texture is substituted in later. Each quad represents an adboard.

If you zoom in on the right panal, you can see how for each adboard, the area of one board on the texture is selected. To display correctly, electonic adboards should all be mapped to the same adboard, and static adboards should be mapped to different ones.



It is possible to move the boxes for where each adboard is mapped, but it is very hard to see and the freehand movement can be inaccurate. Also, some adboards are shown with six corners, I do not understand why this is.

If anyone who has expertise in this area of editing has any suggestions, please post to help further this research.
 

F4F|Black

Senior Squad
grate research mate ;)
Had you´d try out the edited files ingame ´cause this would be cool if we can use it.
I´d do it for different parts in my stadiums and it´s work but sometimes the game crashes.
 

F4F|Black

Senior Squad
scouser09;3347957 said:
.....
It is possible to move the boxes for where each adboard is mapped, but it is very hard to see and the freehand movement can be inaccurate. Also, some adboards are shown with six corners, I do not understand why this is.

If anyone who has expertise in this area of editing has any suggestions, please post to help further this research.

You can change the mapping of a part if you export it and edit it with a 3D software like 3dsMax Maya or Blender.
After this can you re-import it back to FIFA, but remember we can´t export the lightmap layers of a stadium just the model and the first layer (textures), but I think this what you found out could be helping us for new stadiums!
 

Dutch_Can

Club Supporter
This is excellent news cause just about every team uses electric boards few use teams use the static boards.


$ido (F|G);3348084 said:
You can change the mapping of a part if you export it and edit it with a 3D software like 3dsMax Maya or Blender.

How do you import a stadium into Maya ? I have been working with Maya since 2005 and there is a stadium I really would like to model De Kuip of Feyenoord before they rip it apart.
 

F4F|Black

Senior Squad
You must first export the stadium to rhino and convert it too a .ojb file which you can in Maya the rest is easy.
 

scouser09

Senior Squad
$ido (F|G);3348082 said:
grate research mate ;)
Had you´d try out the edited files ingame ´cause this would be cool if we can use it.
I´d do it for different parts in my stadiums and it´s work but sometimes the game crashes.

Yeah, the animation edit works perfect. The mapping part works ingame as well. If the screenshot below, I moved the position in SW13 of the adboard showing the Sky Sports advert. The mapping was just done for testing purposes.



You can see the animation working in this screenshot. The test adboard mentioned above is moving from Sky Sports advert to LFC official membership advert.




$ido (F|G);3348084 said:
You can change the mapping of a part if you export it and edit it with a 3D software like 3dsMax Maya or Blender.
After this can you re-import it back to FIFA, but remember we can´t export the lightmap layers of a stadium just the model and the first layer (textures), but I think this what you found out could be helping us for new stadiums!

How do I export the part to edit in blender? SW13 allows me to export parts in trx or 3dm which I can not open in blender, or am I doing it wrong?


Liverpudlian96;3348602 said:
Scouser you're a Liverpool fan too can you fix Anfield gap too ?

What you want is the entire stadium, with exception of the pitch, scaled marginally smaller. I do not have the stadium editing expertise to do this.
 

F4F|Black

Senior Squad
scouser09;3348770 said:
Yeah, the animation edit works perfect. The mapping part works ingame as well. If the screenshot below, I moved the position in SW13 of the adboard showing the Sky Sports advert. The mapping was just done for testing purposes.

[#IMG]-Removed ´cause it´s just a quote[/IMG#]

You can see the animation working in this screenshot. The test adboard mentioned above is moving from Sky Sports advert to LFC official membership advert.

[#IMG]-Removed ´cause it´s just a quote[/IMG#]

This is was I´d mean ;)

scouser09;3348770 said:
How do I export the part to edit in blender? SW13 allows me to export parts in trx or 3dm which I can not open in blender, or am I doing it wrong?

You can convert it with an 3d Convert or you export it to Rhino and save the hole stadium as .3ds and than can you import it to blender, but the bad thing is you must re-bake the stadium ´cause we can only export one layer of the stadium (diffuse).
Her is a video how you can do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aTOiG6W_ik

You need also the blender script blender to fifa (b2f) there you can get here
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?viu74zo9226t7l7

If you have any questions fell free to contact me ;)

scouser09;3348770 said:
What you want is the entire stadium, with exception of the pitch, scaled marginally smaller. I do not have the stadium editing expertise to do this.
This is not easy to do ´cause you must export the hole stadium, scale, re-bakeing the textures and than must you import it back to FIFA this is a really hard way, possible but hard as I´d told.

@Liverpudlian96
Please don´t post the same request in every stadium thread ´casue its really nerving if you post the same again and again we all know what you wanted to see and have, but you´re not the only one with an request.
 

Titogoal

Club Supporter
scouser09;3347957 said:
It is possible to move the boxes for where each adboard is mapped, but it is very hard to see and the freehand movement can be inaccurate. Also, some adboards are shown with six corners, I do not understand why this is.

If anyone who has expertise in this area of editing has any suggestions, please post to help further this research.

I think i can help with this. you can load a .dds as template, i just used an adboard texture (512x1024) and convertet it to a .dds and colored it a little. this way its way more comfortable. big thanks for the discovery, whoever has written this tool is a hero
.
 

Titogoal

Club Supporter
ive got the problem that after changing the adboards from digital to analog in wembley stadium the lightning ist broken somehow. anybody knows why (i used the hex data from el monumento)?
 

scouser09

Senior Squad
$ido (F|G);3348826 said:
You can convert it with an 3d Convert or you export it to Rhino and save the hole stadium as .3ds and than can you import it to blender, but the bad thing is you must re-bake the stadium ´cause we can only export one layer of the stadium (diffuse).
Her is a video how you can do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aTOiG6W_ik

You need also the blender script blender to fifa (b2f) there you can get here
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?viu74zo9226t7l7

If you have any questions fell free to contact me ;)

Thanks, I will try this when I some time.


Titogoal;3349582 said:
I think i can help with this. you can load a .dds as template, i just used an adboard texture (512x1024) and convertet it to a .dds and colored it a little. this way its way more comfortable. big thanks for the discovery, whoever has written this tool is a hero
.

Good idea, this looks like the simplest method if it works.
 

Dutch_Can

Club Supporter
scouser09;3350290 said:
Search the static adboard stadium file for "adboarddigitalambient".
Search the electronic adboard stadium file for "adboardambient"

Just out of a point of interest how did you get this cause I have checked several hex editors and nothing came up. I would like to help cause it seems that The Wembley Stadium has the adboards you are looking for although they might be mapped differently, it shows different adboards not just one every rotation like White hart Lane or Old Trafford.
 

Titogoal

Club Supporter
Dutch_Can;3350296 said:
Just out of a point of interest how did you get this cause I have checked several hex editors and nothing came up. I would like to help cause it seems that The Wembley Stadium has the adboards you are looking for although they might be mapped differently, it shows different adboards not just one every rotation like White hart Lane or Old Trafford.

Win Hex works for me. The mapping is not the problem for me, i can change the adboards that display initially like i want but then they rotate one down in the texture periodically. the problem is i cant manage to change them to analog with the method above without having those shadow glitches.
 

Dutch_Can

Club Supporter
@Titogoal
Thanks that did the trick

@scouser09
Like I said Wembley has the moving boards as well but as you said,
Search the static adboard stadium file for "adboarddigitalambient" and Search the electronic adboard stadium file for "adboardambient".
Well I did this for Wembley and it actually found the adboarddigitalambient so would this mean that you can change the generic stadiums ? And where do I put the stadium files is this in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 13\Game\data\stadiums"
 

Dutch_Can

Club Supporter
Ok I figured out where the stadiums go, so I tried it with Ivy Lane and I changed the 180_1 container and the 180_3 container with the content of 155_1 container and 155_3 container it seems to work. I uploaded a video so you see what has happened the quality is not great but you get the idea. I haven't changed the boards into L.E.D. yet I will do this tomorrow and see how it looks like.

@scouser09
I got to say this is a great find especially when it works for all the generic stadiums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4B-QxD_UMw&
 


Top