Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top half of the table (just) and FA cup quarter finalists (Chelsea) thread 2016-17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will probably order a Kante shirt, will be the first shirt I bought in years.

I have to say I totally underestimated Conte's pulling power. As posted here, I of course respected Conte's past achievements and record but was unsure how he would adapt to premier league and to the frustrations of managing a club which couldn't offer European football, especially knowing that he was not the first name on Roman's list. What I didn't count on was that his reputation is such amongst players, even outside of Italy, that people really want to play for him, enhanced of course by this Euros. I was very worried about how we were going to attract the players necessary for us to get back to the top but it seems like conte's profile is the solution. We are very lucky to have this man I think
    CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind 'double nigging' and going for moussa sissoko aswell, Newcastle don't want to sell but they probably have no choice and we have a good relationship with Benitez

Comment

Oh yeah, Newcastle can't hold on to established internationals in the Championship.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Sissoko will inevitably go but it could be dragged out as they try to resist the inevitable - Dortmund are the most linked club but between their tightness with cash and Newcastle unwillingness to deal that could take forever, whereas Chelsea may just be able to sort something out quickly and reasonably

Comment

In other Chelsea news, Koulibaly look like he might me on his way soon. It's a bit grating that he will cost more than Umtiti but I appreciate a good CB is hard to come by and trust Conte's judgment when it comes to Serie A defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
              I will probably order a Kante shirt, will be the first shirt I bought in years.

I have to say I totally underestimated Conte's pulling power. As posted here, I of course respected Conte's past achievements and record but was unsure how he would adapt to premier league and to the frustrations of managing a club which couldn't offer European football, especially knowing that he was not the first name on Roman's list. What I didn't count on was that his reputation is such amongst players, even outside of Italy, that people really want to play for him, enhanced of course by this Euros. I was very worried about how we were going to attract the players necessary for us to get back to the top but it seems like conte's profile is the solution. We are very lucky to have this man I think
              new Chelsea kit doesn't look good though. Will he play with Matic then? Double pivot? I don't like double pivots with 2 pure defensive midfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                I actually wouldn't mind 'double nigging' and going for moussa sissoko aswell, Newcastle don't want to sell but they probably have no choice and we have a good relationship with Benitez
                Why sissoko when you already have expensive Matic?

Comment

Sissoko is horrendous and Koulibaly is the real deal. If you get him and Kante with Conte you're in the title race. If you add a left back, you're winning.

Comment

Originally posted by nady View Post
                    new Chelsea kit doesn't look good though. Will he play with Matic then? Double pivot? I don't like double pivots with 2 pure defensive midfielders.
                    No I wouldn't play Matic and Kante on the pitch at the same time but Matic as cover for Kante

Comment

Originally posted by nady View Post
                      Why sissoko when you already have expensive Matic?
                      Sissoko is different player to Matic at least when he is played properly, should be much further up the pitch.

Comment

What a waste for a backup player.

Comment

Conte uses midfielders to attack spaces and defend. Sissoko makes sense.
                          My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

Now we're looking at Mahrez too. Could be possible, now we've taken out Kante it could be that the entire Leciester house of cards will fall. Bet Vardy regrets turning down Arsenal.

Comment

Conte has confirmed that cuadradro will return to the squad for the upcoming season. I guess this implies that any (always unlikely) negotiations for bonucci have failed. I'm pleased about this - I was concerned about his abilities to play in England after his poor first season but he was constrained, conte knows about him and likes him, and it seems like a great way of getting much needed new (and untarnished by last seasons failure) blood into the squad without financial outlay. Now I hope we do the same with van Ginkel.

Comment

Apparently Costa joined the transferd request because he wants to come back to Atletico
                                My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

Working...
                                X