Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top half of the table (just) and FA cup quarter finalists (Chelsea) thread 2016-17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashford and Martial didn't travel with the team. Only Rooney did from what I've read.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• no fight in United, good win. Tottenham were the team I was least hoping to draw but with Kane out and their dreadful Wembley record I still put us favourites. FA cup is good these year and I would love love love a double

Sent from my SM-J120FN using Tapatalk
      CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

• the fa cup is now most important for either the midtable guys or as a supplementary trophy to go with your other trophies. winning it on its own is kind of sad for a top team but winning it with something else is amazing

Comment

• Why was Mou called Judas? He were sacked at Chelsea
          My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

• I didn't hear they called him Judas, I heard they sang 'you're not special any more', to which he replied by holding up three fingers to signify the three titles he won at Chelsea.

I still love him. relations ate strained though due to his rather baffling touchline abuse of Antonio conte in both games (he refused to shake hands last night)

Comment

• oh I see that they did. maybe it's because he briefed his team to chain foul Eden hazard, having demanded that referees protect hazard from exactly that when he was chelsea manager

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                no fight in United, good win.
                I watched only the first half but you can't call it "no fight" when you played most of the game against 10.

Comment

• As a supporter of a team that have regularly ground out draws or even wins with ten men, yes I can.

The best chances and attacking opportunities in the last 5 minutes all fell to us despite being up. Contrast the way you finished that game against the way Barcelona finished the second leg against Paris - tells you all you need to know.

Comment

• I didn't watch the end of the game so I can't comment. I was at work and could only watch the first half on a stream.

Playing 10 v/s 11 is like climbing a mountain especially against the best team in the league so far. Chelsea had everything in their favor - was free midweek while Man U came back from a 4500 + miles round trip to Rostov and Chelsea played at home.

Comment

• hey if you are happy with that results and performances than good for you. I wouldn't be if it was at Chelsea but then I guess we have different standards

Comment

• Change does not happen quickly. Compared to the dreadful years of Moyes and van Gaal, there is definitely improvement in the way we play but not so much improvement on the results yet. Thats the way I'm looking at it. We have to be patient.

Comment

• you see the only improvement i see from the moyes/van gaal era is that you have better players - I don't see any improvements in attitude, approach or tactics. I love Mourinho but I'm yet to see 'the plan'. After going town to ten men I wouldn't have expected you to win on Monday night but I would have expected more of a fight.

Comment

• You can't judge on this game only. You played in much better conditions + with an extra man.

The games vs Chelsea are not the way we have played the whole season. I don't know how many Man U games you have watched other than the ones v/s CHelsea.

There has been definitely improvements in tactics and approach. We have much more shots on target. With LvG we had 0-2 shots in 90 minutes for many games. The tactic was passing and passing and backpassing and passing sideways. There is much more intent this season but we're not concerting chances.

AN example is:

Following the 1-1 draw with Bournemouth this afternoon, Manchester United have now drawn seven games at home. Two 0-0s against Burnley and Hull, as well as 1-1s against Stoke, Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool and Bournemouth.

In that time, weve had 136 shots and 49 of those were on target. Yet for all those chances, United have scored just five goals. That works out an average of 19 shots per game, but just 0.7 goals per game.
                            Wayyyy more shots on target compared to LvG and Moyes era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogba4Now View Post
                              Change does not happen quickly. Compared to the dreadful years of Moyes and van Gaal, there is definitely improvement in the way we play but not so much improvement on the results yet. Thats the way I'm looking at it. We have to be patient.
                              Chelsea's last season was worse than anything Man U have seen in a generation though.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

• I don't think any other manager would have been able to do significantly better than Mourinho. He is getting the tactics right but the goals are not coming. Players are letting him down. Pogba for instance should do way more. There are so many things that need to be fixed in that team.

Comment

Working...
                                X