No announcement yet.

Guardiola's Manchester City Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussing Guardiola in 2016 is like believing the Earth is plain.
    My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

I don't care if they were trophyless for 2 years or not. Guardiola inherited the squad with the best players, end of story. Barcelona may not have had a good season but they still clearly had the best swuad comprising of puyol, xavi, iniesta and messi amongst others.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

We know that in order to win stuff you need good players. Fuck off.

Comment

I cant stand the fact a Man U fan is discussing Pep, his masterpiece team pull you 2 football humiliations in 2 CL finals...

Comment

Originally posted by Arnau View Post
            We know that in order to win stuff you need good players. Fuck off.
            You need good players but his achievements are hugely overrated because he always had the best of the best players. He is an overrated manager. Put him in Arsenal with no money and see if he can achieve the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnau View Post
              I cant stand the fact a Man U fan is discussing Pep, his masterpiece team pull you 2 football humiliations in 2 CL finals...
              Masterpiece? It is so easy with the team he had. Man U's 4 men midfield was a mediocre Park, Giggs, Carrick and Valencia in 2011.

Comment

No one denies Pep's quality. He took great meat, great bread and great vegetables and made an awesome burger, perhaps the best burger. But we don't know if he can make an awesome or even great burger with average ingredients. This is a legitimate point that will keep coming up until he actually attempts it. You can get mad about it but there is no denying the argument. Sure, Messi and the rest weren't as good before he came but the quality, infrastructure, funds and relative lack of competition are there at every turn.

Comment

Pep is one of the few revolutions in the game, he is not only a lot pf trophies.

Comment

You're drifting away from the topic.

Comment

I still refuse to acknowledge his tenure at Bayern as anything above a decent, solid achievement. Certainly not revolutionary or world beating.
                      CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Originally posted by nady View Post
                        You're drifting away from the topic.
                        off course he is, he's an uneducated thing who lives in a fantasy world that whatever Pep touches becomes Gold ... Mourinho hacked Tiki Taka once with Inter and then with Real before Pep quits spanish football ...

And fucking grow up you bastard ... "you cant talk about Pep, because he defeated you in two finals" ... "Ronaldo UCL and Euro doesnt mean shit because they had easy draw" ... "Messi didn't win WC and two copa finals because of Higuain" ... "Messi trial is fabricated by Real fans" ...
                        you need to see a doctor ... there are some good online doctors in catalonia ...
                        http://www.therapyinbarcelona.com/
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah it was just at Barca where he had worldclass players. 3 of the best players of their generation.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure, Pep's always had great squads to work with, and you're free to doubt if he'd do the same in a worse situation. Realistically, nobody would. Nobody's expected to take Arsenal with no money, and make them into a world beater. That doesn't happen. But you also can't just go "he hasn't won with a shit team, so he's shit". There's burden of proof there, too. So far he's mainly been really fucking successful with the things he's done. He's had good material to work with, but he's still exceeded a lot of expectations. Barca had a great squad, but somehow they didn't play well before Guardiola. You can't just assume it's automatic you win stuff with that squad, when it's just been proven otherwise.

Comment

Look at Klinsmann with Bayern. Shit coach and we nearly missed the CL. Look at Manchester United the last several years with so much talent and so much money invested in players. Look at Chelsea this season.

Winning is not automatic for anyone, and especially in the Champions League where the knockout format involves a lot of luck. Pep has made the Semis every season of his career.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

There's a pretty big gap between being shit and being great. The question isn't whether Pep might be shit but if he might not be great.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X