AFC Ajax Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back mate

Well appearantly MvB told the media in a pressconference that Klaas-Jan was staying so I think he had a talk with him about it.

Oleguer is official, Ajax made it official yesterday, tomorrow is the medical and the presentation will follow short after.
    The day after tomorrow Ajax will travel to England for a trainingcamp and Oleguer will join the group.
    We play against Cardiff City and Sunderland so that will be good training to see how far we are and of course at the end of the week the Amsterdam Tournament where we play against Arsenal and Internazionale.

Forever #14

Comment

psv lost against VVV Venlo
      Isaksson just isn't as good as Gomes was
      With this team psv won't make it funny thing is that Affelay was really pissed when PSV let Aissati go this week

Our boys will play against Cardiff this friday and Oleguer traveled with them to the UK

Forever #14

Comment

So, what's the deal with Huntelaar? Why isn't he in the Premiership yet?

Comment

Because he's staying with us this season thanks to Marco van Basten who convinced him to stay on as captain

Forever #14

Comment

Meh I don't know. I still think Klaas will go before the end of August. We saw it with Wesley last year, you can't trust these promises. Big clubs will start offering lots of money for him and both Ajax and Klaas won't refuse that. I can see Ajax actually wanting to sell him, because after all we paid 16.25m for his replacement Sulejmani(which, I think, is way too much BTW). In any case I'll only believe Klaas is staying when it's 1st september and he's still in our squad.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

I think he's staying, as I understand it Ajax wants to keep him and especially MvB, they rather see him walk away in two seasons and transferfree.
              As long as he keeps scoring goals it's fine with them, Aegon pumps in a lot of money every year (about 10m) and we have the largest budget in the league again so it's not about the money they said.
              If he leaves so be it but I think he will stay because Zlatan when you were on holidays MvB told the media that Klaas-Jan will not be leaving Ajax and remains for at least one season more, I saw that pressconference on StudioSport when they were at de Lutte.
              MvB had a long talk with Klaas-Jan and told him that he's very important for Ajax and not only because he scores goals but because he could be a great leader on the pitch as well and Klaas-Jan told him he's not going anywhere.
              So we have have to just wait and see and IF he leaves then the other club has to pay a LOT of money to get him.

Forever #14

Comment

gnagnagna Twente just voted ARSENAL in the Uefa CL drawings
                Well bybye Twente it was short but sweet.
                What a waste I knew it from the moment they were through and we weren't this is a disaster for Dutch football

Forever #14

Comment

Good win against Sunderland today with 1-0 (goal Hunter)
                  Sulejmani played his first minutes for us.
                  MvB started with Cvitanich, Hunter and Suarez in attack and Gabri, Aissati and Lindgren in midfield. Oleguer and Anita??! played defence when Anita is more a midfieldplayer but in the end a win is a win

Forever #14

Comment

Marco still has something to do before we're ready for the season I think. But solid victory in the end, I guess.

Comment

Well it's still better than Feyenoord at their own tournament
                      Got their ass kicked against Borussia and tonight against Celtic with 3-1 it was like taking candy from a baby

Forever #14

Comment

HSV wants Huntelaar, I thought Klaas-Jan made it pretty clear that he will only leave Ajax for a TOPteam in Europe. With all do respect HSV is no topclub and certainly not bigger than Ajax. I'm sure KJ doesn't want to go to HSV so keep on searching Martin Jol

Forever #14

Comment

Yeah HSV must be joking.

Tonight the Amsterdam Tournament starts. Even though it's only early season preparation, it's nice to see how far we'd come against the likes of Arsenal and Inter. I'm going to the Inter match tommorrow.

Comment

Nice one I'm going to the Arsenalgame tonight
                            MvB will be starting with his 'best 11' he said yesterday including Aissati, Cvitanich and Oleguer as well. I'm very curious to see how they will manage tonight against Arsenal since they are already further with the preseason preparations. I bet Steve Mc Claren will be there tonight as well

Forever #14

Comment

Damn lost against Arsenal with 2-3 and we were in front with 2 goals how can you give it away like that!
                              2 fantastic goals nevertheless from Luis and Klaas-Jan (of course) but the 2nd half was really poor from our side and we were outsmarted by Arsenal with Adebayor and Bendtner as the goalscorers.

Anyways the atmosphere was fantastic in de ArenA and the fanshop was open so I bought myself the new homeshirt and the darkblue away traingssuit (a beauty) from Adidas.
                              Tomorrow Inter, hopefully we will play better than we did in the 2nd half.
                              Didn't see much of Sulejmani and Cvitanich yet but the last one came in front of goal a few times so he showed potential.
                              Anita is a good young talent but no defender but of course Urby and Thomas will be back when the Olympics are over.

Forever #14

Comment

I also watched the game..it was a really good match..to bad for Ajax because they lost after a 2 goal advantage but the goals were stunning
                                It seems that under Van Basten they would be stronger for the next season
                                Last edited by adrenalin_laser; 09-08-2008, 12:16:AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X