No announcement yet.

The England National team thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't really seeing Defoe performing that well, i can see him being one of those players that's awesome for club, but poor for country, like Andy Cole.

Comment

There will always be cynics, but when was the last time a team like Italy, Argentina won the world cup? Aren't they always touted as favorites too?

Face it, this England team is top class and I'm backing them to win the World Cup. They didn't have a player like Rooney in 2002, and back then Lampard amongst other players weren't as good as they are now, this England team is like a fine wine, they get better as time goes by. If I was Sven, I'd play a hybrid 3-5-2 formation instead of trying to force a 4-4-2 which has an unbalanced midfield, no good left winger etc.

---------------------Robinson-------------

-------------Rio----------------Terry--------
      ----------------------King------------------
      --Neville-----------------------------------Cole

-----------Beckham--Gerrard--Lampard-----

------------------Rooney------------------

------------------Owen/Defoe

I honestly believe this is the best for England. In Rio and Terry, you have two, stone cold, calm, solid defenders, one a serious threat on set pieces. With Neville and Cole, you have 2 fullbacks overlapping, putting balls into the area when neccessary. Beckham can get involved in central midfield, while deviating the to right wing if he wants. Lampard and Gerrard run the midfield, and dont have to worry too much about defensive work because King will play up to the half way line, and try to snuff out any counter attacking threats. Rooney will be given the free role to roam and create so a left winger isn't needed that badly, while Owen up front waits for chances to come his way.

"I always liked to play as a forward when I was growing up as a kid; my technique was useless though, so my coach came to me and said, 'Go and play in defence, kill somebody!'"- Nemanja Vidic

Comment

Originally posted by untouchable
        There will always be cynics, but when was the last time a team like Italy, Argentina won the world cup? Aren't they always touted as favorites too?
        Ignore them, they're dumbarses. They probably think their country will have a good chance at winning the WC aswell, pfft....Holland. :funny:
        .................................................. ..........

Comment

---------------------Robinson----------------
          -----------------------------------------------
          -------------Ferdinand----------Terry--------
          --Neville--------------------------------------
          ------------------------------------------Cole-
          ----------------------Carrick-------------------
          ----------------------------------------------
          --------Beckham------------------Gerrard-------
          ----------------------------------------------
          --------------------Lampard--------------------
          -----------------------------------------------
          ---------- Owen-------------Rooney----------

hopefully thats are World Cup team.

Cole, bombin down the left, Carrick the holdin midfield player, and lots off goals with Rooney, Owen, Lamps, and Stevie G

CAMPEONES 07/08
          HALA MADRID

Comment

Originally posted by untouchable

Face it, this England team is top class and I'm backing them to win the World Cup.
            Exactly my thoughts !

IMO that would be my World Cup XI, Squad (barring injuries,suspensions or a yet to be found "diamond" player)
            (What is a diamond player ? I don't know but mean by it, somebody who's not an England International yet but will have a great season and lots of talent - like Rooney was one)

GK: Robinson, Green, ?

D: G.Neville, King, Terry, Campbell, Ferdinand, A.Cole, P.Neville

M: Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J.Cole, Wright-Phillips, Carrick, Jenas, Richardson, Dyer

F: Rooney, Owen, Defoe, Smith

so atm only 1 spot is free, and that's the 3rd Goalie.

Captains: IMO Becks has done enough to lead the lions, otherwise any those would make good captains aswell: Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Terry, Campbell & G. Neville.

BTW I like your "5"-3-2 formation
            :boohoo:

Comment

Rommedahl.

Comment

2-0

Glen Johnson is crap...and well, David James

Comment

3-0

The sooner Sven goes...the better. I don't know what he tell his players at HT, but it just doesn't work.

Comment

Good grief....Demark 3 Engerland 0

"A night of humilation for a team that are threatening to win the World Cup" :chew:

Comment

My god, might a disaster on this level actually cost Sven his job? I cant wait to see the PR campaign by the FA to play this one down
                      Duffer, Guddy, you were proud to wear the Royal Blue, and we're always proud of you. Good luck
                      sig, as ever, by Diego.
                      "Remember the past, look to the future, play the game" - Matthew Harding, 1953-1996
                      Kenyon: out

Comment

England are ****
                        Originally posted by Turk123
                        Bobby you are so repulsive , is Huge Grant your father?
                        genius
                        Best Poster of the Year 2008
                        Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
                        The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
                        Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
                        Best Greenlandic Member 2005
                        ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
                        Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"

Comment

Sven, as I've said before, is such a pathetic sap. He knows nothing about playing this team to their full potential. Beckham as captain, you're avin a larf, Steven Gerrard or Lampard needs to lead this team, not him plain and simple. And James, what the hell is he still doing in this team? Kirkland and Robinson are the future of England.

"I always liked to play as a forward when I was growing up as a kid; my technique was useless though, so my coach came to me and said, 'Go and play in defence, kill somebody!'"- Nemanja Vidic

Comment

Sven should go... never was that good...

and this is awful...

Comment

Dear Sven

Thanks for all the memories now please f4ck off.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby
                                England are ****
                                England would actually be a great side if they had a good manager.

But with Sven, well, it's a waste to be honest. It'll probably be a while until England gets a squad of players like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X