How's your football career going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dytza View Post
    About the boots, I don't care how old the model is. I'm just looking for boots with thin and flexible sole. Now I've got this Nike Tiempos but with the "artificial turf" sole:

They were more like a panic buy since I had a match at my University and the old Mercurials got torn the night before. But I feel very comfortable in them.
    Those are the ones i have but with different colour
    My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

Originally posted by Arnau View Post
      Those are the ones i have but with different colour
      Which colour? Pic? I'm seriously interested.

Comment

I posted a pic on the first page
        My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

Ahh I forgot to check the first page.. Those look better indeed rather than those colourful ones that maricas like to wear. Good choice. I approve.

Comment

Tiempos are very good value for money because they are leather. If you are buying budget ones, better to buy leather Tiempos rather than cheap synthetic stiff ones which look like CR7 or Messi boots but are step down model and are made to just look like the higher end ones.

Which Tiempos are these? genio II I suppose?

Comment

The pair I use currently is this one:

They are low end Adidas Ace and they're pretty bad if you play twice a week. They are completely different from what players wear even though they look the same.

I ordered the mercurials and can't wait for them to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogba4Now View Post
                better to buy leather Tiempos rather than cheap synthetic stiff ones which look like CR7 or Messi boots but are step down model and are made to just look like the higher end ones.
                I ordered the mercurials and can't wait for them to come.
                Hmm...

Anyway... Those fucking mercurial vapor ones or the Adidas ones which look similar are basically for showing off if you have no practical use for them.

EDIT: Anyway when it comes to colour and what looks the best, those are my fave: https://www.footy-boots.com/wp-conte...-iv-citron.gif

I think those date back to like 2009.
                Last edited by chygry; 31-08-2016, 03:00:PM.

Comment

I hate the mercurials. I like Adidas more than Nike.

Comment

How's your football career going?

I could play ST for the SG team I guess. I never hsd good control but I was fairly fast and scrappy and worked hard. That said I had absolutely no technical ability. Maybe Welbeck with dose of Diego Costa is a good comparison. Now I'm 20-30kg heavier since the last time I played regularly snd have done no sports so I can't chase players around and pressure like I used to. I'll be Heskey. Probably my best quality was positional awareness so I always wound up drifting to CB because everyone invariably goes to attack in 7v7.

Swap Dan with Arnau in your formation.

Comment

Az.. By that description you'd be like a striker who never scores indeed.

Sooo... Perhaps being a mascot for the team would be a better idea? Or a manager.

Heskey lol. Truth be told you can joke about the guy all you want, but in reality the dude at his prime (it's upon the person how he perceives it) wasn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaviesta View Post
                        I hate the mercurials. I like Adidas more than Nike.
                        It really depends on what you are looking for. To me, light is more comfortable than heavier, more padded boots. I prefer a barefoot or minimalist feel when playing.

I tried them all and the mercurials were the most comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by chygry View Post
                          Hmm...

Anyway... Those fucking mercurial vapor ones or the Adidas ones which look similar are basically for showing off if you have no practical use for them.
                          This is stupidity. The more expensive vapor ones are lighter and are made of better quality material. I tried cheaper lower end mercurials and there is a world of difference between them and higher end vapor or superfly.

It is important to have comfortable boots if you play twice a week. The cheap junk that are made to just look like the high end ones are junk.

Comment

This is stupidity. The more expensive vapor ones are lighter and are made of better quality material. I tried cheaper lower end mercurials and there is a world of difference between them and higher end vapor or superfly.

It is important to have comfortable boots if you play twice a week. The cheap junk that are made to just look like the high end ones are junk.
                            Look mate, the fact is that the boots which are manufactured nowadays are getting lighter and lighter everyday, basically. Average boot weighs around 150-180 grams, no? So it doesn't really matter that much which boots you're getting. I suppose what matters the most is how they fit you, and what kind of a player you are. Some are for better ball control etc, in the end it comes down to small details.

But truth be told, if you're buying something, go for quality and more expensive ones instead. Think realistically - they'll last longer and it's not like you're buying new ones in every 6 months. QUALITY > QUANTITY

Comment

Mercurial vapors are about 160 grams whereas Adidas Copa Mundials are 300 grams. They don't make much of a difference in that they do not alter the player you are; they just help. To me, lighter feels better. Average boot size is more like 250 grams, so 160 grams Mercurials make a big difference.

The mercurials I bought are high end - i.e. the same ones professional footballers use. Zlatan for e.g. wears the exact same model. They're expensive; close to 200 USD on sale.

Comment

Yeah I guess it's all about personal preference in the end. There's a high variety of boots available for everyone's liking.

Zlatan for e.g. wears the exact same model.
                                Model yes, but most of the professional players have their boots altered to their choice I suppose. Different soleplates and whatnot. I remember van Persie sticking with a special brand of Adidas Predator(?) boots for years which he wore when we last won the EPL. He even had to black them out at a certain stage. Just a random example.

Yuh I guess you gotta pay around 250-300 dollars for top shelf boots nowadays. But as I said it all comes down to which kind of player you are. If you don't play too regularly then cheaper ones will do just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X