No announcement yet.

How's your football career going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 more month indoor then we play outdoor if weather permits. Can't wait to play outdoors again. I am playing twice a week indoor. 5 a sise and 7 a side.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Met a couple girls at a bar on Friday night who play soccer in the area. Told them I was good. Got a call from one of them tonight to play on one of their coed 3v3 teams on a pretty small indoor pitch. Game was pretty even for the first 5-7 minutes. Then I got on the pitch, and by the time I subbed out maybe 5 minutes later it was over. Ended up winning like 23-6. I was a little off, but man it was fun to play again, and I was without a doubt the best person out there even though I haven't touched a ball in almost 18 months. Had a backheel assist, was splitting the defense from my defensive area with balls to send a teammate through on goal. My only issue was the altitude and smoking meant I could barely stay out there for long. Glad I'm gonna be back playing again though. Turned to the girl who invited me after the game and was like "told you I was good." Extremely satisfying because I'm sure most people overrate their own abilities, but I'm always pretty realistic. When I heard it was coed 3v3 I said that I'm probably a lot better than that level of competition.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

• I'm more interested in hearing about which physical activities took place after the game...

Sent from my SM-J120FN using Tapatalk
        CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

• None, unfortunately, because I have to be up at 4am and haven't even finished packing yet.

Comment

• you flirted with girls at a bar about how you were good at football and it ended with you actually playing football... :/

Comment

• Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                you flirted with girls at a bar about how you were good at football and it ended with you actually playing football... :/

Idk, I've had sex with more girls than the number of football teams I've been on and I needed a new team. Plus, the one who was really into me isn't super attractive, but if I get into playing in a coed league there will be a lot more girls. And I'm very good for the level I play at. I'm still convinced I would have been a low level professional if I grew up somewhere like England/Spain/Germany, but I pretty much had to develop without coaching. It all came from playing a LOT, kicking the ball against a wall to get decent control (and ruining a lot of balls), and being an unselfish player who preferred to get an assist than score.

Comment

• How do you play 3 v 3? Last time I played with 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 was at school; typically on basketball courts, without goalkeeper of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
                    I'm still convinced I would have been a low level professional if I grew up somewhere like England/Spain/Germany, but I pretty much had to develop without coaching.
                    Full time lawyer and part time semi pro footballer? Or full time footballer and part time lawyer?

Comment

• Maybe you would be playing for Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogba4Now View Post
                        How do you play 3 v 3? Last time I played with 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 was at school; typically on basketball courts, without goalkeeper of course.
                        yeah, it's a small indoor pitch. A little bigger than a basketball court, and there are no keepers. It's not in a gym though, it is on that fake indoor turf stuff with a bigger pitch in the same complex.

Originally posted by Pogba4Now View Post
                        Full time lawyer and part time semi pro footballer? Or full time footballer and part time lawyer?
                        Haha, definitely no part lawyer.

Comment

• How big is the net? Are people allowed to block it?

I played this bullshit pickup game a few times where there were very small nets but people kept covering the whole thing up which was against the rules in theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                            Maybe you would be playing for Sutton
                            Or Arsenal

Comment

• he's definitely better than rob holding

Comment

• Playing outdoor this morning, for the first time this season. It's 3 degrees C outside!

Comment

Working...
                                X