Soccer boots recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer boots recommendation

I have not played outdoor football in a very long time (played mostly futsal for years) but I will be playing football regularly now - once or twice a week.

I started last week with my very old Total 90 Nikes and at the end of the game, the left one broke.

These are the ones:

Any recommendations on durable boots? If it matters, I play different positions; fullback, central midfield and on the wings. My assets are speed, long balls and to some extent defending.

Nike and Adidas brand their boots as the ‘Speed’ boot (e.g. mercurials), 'Control' boot, 'passing boot' etc but I don't buy into that marketing shit. They don't matter right? Is there a huge difference between Nike hypervenom or Mercurials? Not much difference I'm sure.

Comment

It's really not a big deal. Get some generic, middle of the road, Adidas, possibly in a crazy color. Most of the expensive boots are light and thin, and you feel it every time you get kicked.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Thanks. That's what I thought. I do not think lighter shoes make much of a difference in terms of performance.

I will buy these on sale:

60 Canadian dollars i.e. 45 USD.

Comment

They look like shit.

Comment

Comment

Jk. When I bought my shoes, I just saw what was on sale.

I got some that were light.

Comment

I don't care about how they look as long as its not pink. They look better than the old Total 90s I had. I Just want one which is cheap and durable. Where do you buy yours? The one I posted is from Sportchek.

Comment

20 pounds for a decent boot, with most sizes available, shipping might jack up the price though.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/produ...te-34295.aspx?

Comment

Originally posted by nady View Post
                    I don't care about how they look as long as its not pink. They look better than the old Total 90s I had. I Just want one which is cheap and durable. Where do you buy yours? The one I posted is from Sportchek.
                    I bought mine in the US when I happened to visit, cause the conversion was decent.

Yeah, Sportchek is usually where I get sneakers and such, however now in Toronto there's a local store that is slightly cheaper for name brands. I guess you gotta search in your area, but Sportchek might do it.

Comment

Originally posted by nady View Post
                      Thanks. That's what I thought. I do not think lighter shoes make much of a difference in terms of performance.

I will buy these on sale:

60 Canadian dollars i.e. 45 USD.
                      You gotta buy flashy shoes, it's just one of the rules when you're older I think. As a kid I was a pretty workmanlike player, so I wore black and white boots, but now I'm one of the best players, so I have yellow highlighter shoes. They're just generic Adidas in a flashy color.

Comment

You mean something like that:

These too are available, same price, but I don't have the guts to wear them. The bright blue ones are flashy enough for me if you compare them to the dull black Total 90s I had.

Comment

Found these soccer socks on Amazon. How cool. Would you wear these, Dan?

Comment

Hahahaha, I definitely would not. I took a picture of mine...

Comment

Eww.

Just get something you feel like you can actually kick the ball hard without feeling a thing (or double sock it). Those Pumas are real nice.

I aint in to flashy cleats.

Comment

Working...
                              X