Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QotW: Best Goalscoring Forward Under 30?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QotW: Best Goalscoring Forward Under 30?

it seems very underwhelming these days when I see the type of striker 25-35 mil can buy ...

Dzeko, Mandzukić, Bacca, Jackson? not exactly earth-shattering names ...

Falcão? he's 29 (well, officially at least), and has barely ever played in the Champions League ...

Benteke? Lukaku? have they done anything of note yet? and lets not even start on Doumbia ...

Agüero and Benzema seem to be true quality ... but can they carry the goalscoring burden on their own, *and* actually have it mean something?

Higuaín and Cavani are supposed to be right up there, and I wish they were, but they are more known for choking than delivering ...

the Harry Kanes and Mauro Icardis of the world have only had one breakout season ...

so, it got me thinking about goalscorers at large: leaving aside the MSN of Barça, and Cristiano at Real Madrid, who's the best goalscoring forward in the world under 30? is there even close to a consensus on this?

and, as a bonus follow-up: compared to the 90s and 00s, is there a shortage of genuine superstar strikers nowadays?

Yeah there aren't any good strikers, Messi and Ronaldo aside

Comment

dude, Lewandowski ... he's the best classic #9 at the moment ... even Diego Costa is better than some of the names your mentioned there ...

Edit: football is changed ... one target man mentality is not working anymore ... wingers and attacking midfielders grab more goals ... compared to 90s ... I don't think there's a huge difference ...
      Last edited by kp41; 18-06-2015, 03:00:PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Lewan is not exactly a classic 9
        My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

It seems that there was an abundance of these as recently as a three years ago, and now I agree there is a a dearth, with question marks over many of the established names.

Diego Costa has to be up there, but I agree he is more about aggression/determination than natural skill. Aguero, sure. There are probably the only two really top class goal scoring strikers remaining in the premier league. Maybe Rooney when he drifts back into form.

I suppose we now have to talk about Morata as a result of his scoring record in the business end of the CL, but he still has a lot to do (and his week in week out stats need to improve) to be universally regarded as 'up there'.

The draft will reveal a lot about what we as a forum think about this.
          CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Xifio, can you name top strikers in 90s (under 30) in a specific year ...
            sigpic

Comment

If we are talking about #9, then Suárez and Agüero.

Comment

Pabon.
                Originally posted by Turk123
                Bobby you are so repulsive , is Huge Grant your father?
                genius
                Best Poster of the Year 2008
                Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
                The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
                Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
                Best Greenlandic Member 2005
                ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
                Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"

Comment

Originally posted by Xaviesta View Post
                  If we are talking about #9, then Suárez and Agüero.
                  He even bolded it.

Comment

Xaviesta doesn't even bother to read other people's posts before blundering in with his obstinate and cack-handed replies
                    CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Sorry, my bad. Aguero and Lewandowski

Comment

Chicharito, obviously.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

I think Gareth Bale has potential to become a 40 goals per season player. He is obviously played out position at Madrid and not their offensive focus.
                          My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

Yes! RM should play Chimp in the middle and sell Benzema to Arsenal.

Comment

Dybala

Comment

Working...
                              X