Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QotW: Best Goalscoring Forward Under 30?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aguero

Comment

Originally posted by Arnau View Post
      Lewan is not exactly a classic 9
      Yes he is. He isn't Mario Gomez or Jardel, but he is absolutely a classic #9.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Lewy, Diego Costa, Aguero I think are worldclass although true poachers no longer exist, or at least no longer thrive. Probably has to do with the shift that moved all the aymakers and scorers wide. Now that Ronaldo and Messi are plsying relatively centrally, I'd expect it to start shifting back.

What I've seen of Lacazette suggests he's of the poacher type, but he'll have to play in a proper league for it to count.

Comment

I think your last point is interesting Xifio. Theres an argument to say that the way the game has changed in the last 10 years (with teams constantly attempting to emulate tika taka) so that strikers are less commonplace.

Even if you disagree with that, its surelt common consensus that the most popular formations these days rely on only one central striker. Back in the 80s/90s it was common place for most teams to use two forwards.

A good example might be Giovinne Elber. Not seen as a world class striker and certainly wasn't marketed across the world very well but nowadays he'd probably be gold dust! There is definitely a shortage of 'strikers' in today's game in my opinion.

Into my heart an air that kills
          From yon far country blows:
          What are those blue remembered hills,
          What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
          I see it shining plain,
          The happy highways where I went
          And cannot come again.

Comment

Mandzukic.

Comment

wanted to post in Copa thread ... but I guess it's kind of related ...

sigpic

Comment

How stupid they were passing on Diego Costa
                My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Comment

I'm going to turn this question upside down and go for the older ones (30+). The ideal player for that is definitely Antonio Di Natale. Udinese Player through and through. He's 37 years old and is still performing majestically. I always have much respect for players like that who stick with their clubs for better and worse.

Comment

The best goalscorer >30 is Zlatan, by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaviesta View Post
                      The best goalscorer >30 is Zlatan, by far.
                      You might be right, but I still rate Di Natale over him. Ibrahimović has won nothing, at least in Europe. Same could be said about Di Natale, but I'm thinking that Zlatan will leave PSG soon and go after the money in some arab country.

Comment

As much as I love Di Natale, he's a NT flop

Comment

Yeah I guess so, he's much more efficient for Udinese than he ever was for Italy. I guess some players aren't just cut out playing for their national teams. van Persie comes to mind for example, it actually infuriates me how he performs for Holland. The guy is missing since the World Cup group stage and has only had 2 good seasons without injuries.

One for Arsenal and another one for Manutd the next season. But I still think that signing van Persie was SAF's guarantee for the title during his last season and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Xifio View Post
                            it seems very underwhelming these days when I see the type of striker 25-35 mil can buy ...

Dzeko, Mandzukić, Bacca, Jackson? not exactly earth-shattering names ...

Falcão? he's 29 (well, officially at least), and has barely ever played in the Champions League ...

Benteke? Lukaku? have they done anything of note yet? and lets not even start on Doumbia ...

Agüero and Benzema seem to be true quality ... but can they carry the goalscoring burden on their own, *and* actually have it mean something?

Higuaín and Cavani are supposed to be right up there, and I wish they were, but they are more known for choking than delivering ...

the Harry Kanes and Mauro Icardis of the world have only had one breakout season ...
                            I have him in my draft team.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnau View Post
                              How stupid they were passing on Diego Costa
                              Diego Costa has been shit for Spain. Would not have made any difference if he played with that same form for Brazil.

Comment

Different system and Arnau was talking in general, not about last summer. (Costa was also injured)

Comment

Working...
                                X