Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here, someone put this up on the TFC forum:

Last year's starting 11 first match of the season:

This year's potential starting 11 (depending on what happens with Laba, of course).

sigpic

Comment

Not sure what it means for people outside of the US but NBC is apparently out as an MLS broadcaster with Fox taking over the package. That's a blow for MLS in terms of presentation (though if Fox bid more, you can see why they'd take it) because Fox's presentation is really bad.

ESPN stays.
      Originally posted by Turk123
      Bobby you are so repulsive , is Huge Grant your father?
      genius
      Best Poster of the Year 2008
      Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
      The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
      Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
      Best Greenlandic Member 2005
      ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
      Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"

Comment

The one thing that I hope is that Bradley gets to play in some sort of double pivot system as that is clearly his forte and the reason why he was ousted at Roma this season (new coach prefers 4-3-3). A traditional flat 4-4-2 does utilize that kind of double pivot, but it needs to be with someone he can trust to stay back, as Bradley is incredibly intelligent and won't leave his team exposed for a counter attack; I've seen it a lot with the National Team, he plays so far deep at times because his partner is too adventurous.

Anyway, I actually don't mind this transfer now that I've thought about it a little. I've really changed my opinion a lot in the last year or so on how best to develop players in all kinds of sports and the conclusion has been that every player is different and you never really know what will work best. Hell, Donovan has been tremendous for the National Team and he's played essentially his entire career in MLS.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

If we hang onto Laba, he'll be the defensive one and Bradley the box-to-box fulcrum of our team. It's a really exciting prospect, but I don't know how we'll hang onto both. We have one DP too many, so we need to figure out how to restructure or renegotiate Laba. But Bradley will be the key cog of our team, either way.
          sigpic

Comment

Tijuana beat America, first time they've ever done that.
            genius

Comment

Big presentation starting now in Toronto. Supporters are singing in the gallery
              sigpic

Comment

Garber says MLS is "losing between $75m and $100m a year". That sounds like pre-CBA negotiations talk to me.
                genius

Comment

Is Xavi headed there too?

Comment

I don't think so.

Charlotte's USL Pro franchise rights were sold to the group that runs the lacrosse team in town, the current club will "self-relegate" to the PDL next year to continue their Christian mission. That could be neat.
                    genius

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
                      Tijuana beat America, first time they've ever done that.
                      I believe it's the 2nd time.

I have a question. Expansion team in SD? Impossible or damn near impossible? I figure LA getting Chivas USA pretty much killed our chances...

Chivas USA franchise relocated and renamed...not likely either?

I guess if push comes to shove, I'll have to slowly get acclimated with the idea that Xolos is my local club...which I actually wouldn't mind but truthfully, SD Sockers are the pride and joy of our towns soccer history. Xolos are vastly popular and their fan base here grows stronger by the day.

Any comment or opinion will be appreciated.

Comment

It's always possible, I suppose, but I think NASL would be more likely. Phoenix would probably be the most likely landing spot for a new MLS team in the southwest. A complete reboot of Chivas USA into something more SD-centric might be the best option for San Diego to get into MLS but I'm not sure Chivas would sell. I personally think a move to East LA (by having Weingart fixed up) would be best for them as they'd stay in Los Angeles and be out of the Galaxy's shadow.

The Xolos thing makes it a unique situation.
                        genius

Comment

A MLS team should pick up Del Piero and Trezeguet, they will both be available

Comment

Originally posted by Mus View Post
                            Montreal likes aging Italians and it is also the most European-style place for aging Italians to live - ADP should go there.
                            CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Originally posted by Mus View Post
                              Apparently, we (Toronto) kicked those tires a while back, but he ended up going to Australia. I'm not sure if Montreal would take a look, as they already have Di Vaio and Nesta didn't exactly pan out for them. How did ADP do in Oz?
                              Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                              Montreal likes aging Italians and it is also the most European-style place for aging Italians to live - ADP should go there.
                              Yeah, Montreal has some Euro-style until winter hits . Then it's about the same weather as Norway. I'd love for Montreal to continue to load up on fragile, aging Italians
                              sigpic

Comment

He did great in the second worst team in the league, I don't think they ever won more than one match without him, he has missed a few games with injury but its down to being hacked all game long by amateurs he creates heaps of chances still though

Comment

Working...
                                X