La Liga BBVA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Liga BBVA Thread

Sevilla 2 - Málaga 0, Negredo x2. Soldado scores a hat-trick and a own goal yesterday

DEL BOSQUE

Y U NO GET RID TORRES?
    Last edited by Arnau; 28-08-2011, 09:40:PM.
    My signature was too big and removed by the mod team

Money doesn't bring happiness. Or atleast yet.

"He doesn't only have an eye for goal like a cyclops, centipedes go to bed dreaming of a left foot like his." - Ray Hudson

Comment

As i said before Málaga is still worse than Valencia, Atleti, Athletic and Sevilla IMO, if manage to get into Europa League i wish they sign great players.

Comment

do you think it will work for them though? not necessarily this season, but in the short future? City didn't do great either in their first season.

I don't see them at Real Madrid or Barcelona level anytime soon, money can't really buy that, but what do you think of top 4?

Comment

That's the idea of the board, become an alternative to Barcelona and Real Madrid in a future. I think they are doing it well, Málaga iis not only buying good players also build an own "Masía" and are bidding the best youngsters around Spain.

Comment

It looks like Barca and Real became stronger this year and others same or even worse. Malaga's team is like City's first team after Abu Dhabi ownership.

Spain NT is so successfull right now mostly thanks to Barca academy but I don't know this two horse race is good for La Liga or not.
            sigpic

Comment

Valencia, Atletico ... doesn't have a cent, it's all very unbalance in terms of money.

What a goal by Cazorlita! 2-1.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dytza View Post
                  Money doesn't bring happiness. Or atleast yet.
                  City weren't that good at first either.

EDIT: ahhh Theo beat me to it.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

But still, they strike me as not having City-esque money. Plus they kept a rather low profile, when City started they just jumped on every single top 10 player in the world, so people would know they meant business.

Comment

Did they? I feel like they bought dudes like Kolo Toure and Gareth Barry.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Who were both excellent players for their teams. Barry's still a good player, too, although I've forgotten whether Toure is, too long since I've seen him play.

They also weakened a lot of Prem teams by taking their players off them: Adebayor, Toure (Nasri and Clichy now), Barry, Milner from Villa, Given from Newcastle...

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael View Post
                          Who were both excellent players for their teams. Barry's still a good player, too, although I've forgotten whether Toure is, too long since I've seen him play.

They also weakened a lot of Prem teams by taking their players off them: Adebayor, Toure (Nasri and Clichy now), Barry, Milner from Villa, Given from Newcastle...
                          Good point. Milner, Barry, Toure, Given and Adebayor were all at top of their games when they came to City. They overpaid for lots of players but made good team structure at the end.

I think two horse race is not bad for Spanish NT as long as Barca and Real have decent amount of Spanish talents because they can play in NT with ease together. Having good teams without local talent is not effective for national team. E.g., Inter won treble but Italy didn't benefit a single player from that team during World Cup.

However, most of Spanish teams have financial problems and are not able to close the gap with Real and Barca. This gap increases every year, they become stronger and others weaker. In EPL, most of the teams improve every year at a certain level. During last few years, mostly we had 4 big powers and two other goods teams around them. I think this EPL is much more exciting than 1997-2003 which was all about two teams.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
                            Did they? I feel like they bought dudes like Kolo Toure and Gareth Barry.
                            Yes but firstly Barry is still pretty much a starter and the fact they just tried says something. Málaga didn't want to bring Messi or Eto'o or Ronaldo or Kaká or Fàbregas. Or didn't try to at least, of course they wanted to haha

Comment

Barça are destroying Villarreal 4-0 and there are still 30 minutes to go ...I'm starting to feel not so bad with the Supercup defeat

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X