No announcement yet.

The Calcio Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City cleaned up an half experimental Inter team yesterday.

Castaignos looks promising.
    INTER, SPURS, HEART

Comment

time for calcio to get used to a max of 3 teams in the Group Stage for a couple of seasons ...

if only Udinese had gotten ~€70mil for selling their best players, instead of just ~€70mil; then they could have purchased some solid replacements to ensure they got through ... oh well ...

---

also listening to the match on Fox Soccer was painful ... the support commentator unsurprisingly had the shortest memory and most flawed logic ever ... but Eric Wynalda saying "we've taken our antacid tablets as Arsenal fans" is disappointing, and equally disgraceful ...

Comment

Doesn't sound very journalistic, but I think you get the same "home country" cheering in every country. USA isn't England, but with the shared language it's close enough. But yes, the USA needs someone who knows what the **** they're talking about on the air; if I knew how to crack into the business I'd get on that.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

very interesting Champions League draw for Italy:

- Inter have it easy, and should win the group comfortably if they are to be considered serious contenders; I am glad that Gasperini's being eased into his first excursion to the big boy competition ...

- Milan will qualify, but in 2nd ... ironically the best team to emulate would be Inter from 09/10: José's team didn't ever look like challenging Barça for top spot in the Groups; but they learnt their lesson, bedded in their new recruits, made crucial January signings, and beat Barça on the way to winning the cup!

- what a challenge for Napoli! this summer, they not only managed to keep hold of their stars, but have reinforced, which is great! but success has gone to President De Laurentiis' head, and he has been shooting his mouth off ever since his side made the Champions League ... luckily Barça brought them down to earth in the Gamper Trophy, so they will be humble and hopefully prepared going into that amazing group ...

Comment

Napoli are in the hardest group, which is a shame, because I was looking forward to seeing them do quite well.

Milan also have a pretty tough group.

And imo Inter's group is a fair bit harder than what people are making it out to be!
            I wouldn't be making huge predictions yet...
            INTER, SPURS, HEART

Comment

Tbh, Inter and Milan had a very good draw.
              sigpic

Comment

Wtf, new fashion's in town named players strike. Serie A first week is off .
                sigpic

Comment

Micheal Bradley is going to Chievo. Please tell me this is a good thing Xifio.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
                    Micheal Bradley is going to Chievo. Please tell me this is a good thing Xifio.
                    he's going to be fighting relegation with the flying donkeys -- what's not good?

but seriously, he'll gain so much understanding of the tactical, technical, and cerebral side of football than he ever could/did in Germany or England ...

Comment

Relegation battle? Dammit...

Comment

they were lucky to be midtable last season, but they'll be in the basement scrap this time ...

they sold their best player (Kévin Constant), and replaced him with Bradley ... so as long as he learns the language quickly, he'll have plenty of playing time ...

Comment

Oh this is going to be a disaster. He can't catch a break with a decent club, and he's going to lose his National Team place because of it. Pretty good player coming off a broken leg in about a month. You don't learn the kind of things you need to take the USA to the next level by battling relegation. It might come in handy when we're under assault by Spain or something like that, but he won't get better at being dominant.

Comment

Chievo, ha

They always manage to avoid relegation despite having one of the least talented rosters coming into every season.

Comment

Wellcome to 2011-2012 season

Not a bad match for the start. Allegri's Milan is not the most exciting one but they know how to get something out of nothing. They still need to do lot's of work on that midfield and Gattuso was injured again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Now that, my friends, is why the 3-4-3 is an obsolete formation.

Thank you Palermo!

Comment

Working...
                                X