The English Premier League Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The English Premier League Discussion Thread

For all of the talk that concerns the whole league, or any club that doesn't have a team thread, or any player from such a club.

About ******* time

I hope The Toon is back with a bang!

ManCity defeated Pool 3-0 tonight, didn't see such a scoreline coming tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by MaSsiVe View Post
      About ******* time

Liverpool has to kick out some players immediately.

Reina - Lucas - N'gog - Johnson - Kuyt

Just not good enough for a big team like Liverpool.

Comment

Reina and Kuyt? Go away.

I don't like the scouse, but that's just ridiculous. Reina is a brilliant keeper, whose made his first glaring mistake, in my memory, since he turned in a Zamora cross back when the guy was at West Ham, and it wasn't that bad of a mistake, either. Definitely a top-club keeper, and he's better than Liverpool are right now. Best player at the club last year, with Kuyt. Torres was off-form and injured and Gerrard was a shadow of himself. Masch got back to his level, and he's still overrated.

Kuyt's versatility, all-rounder ability, and drive has saved Pool countless times. They'll do worse without him than without Alonso.

N'Gog is young and has finally started scoring... and you think he should be axed? Right...

Johnson only arrived last year, and was one of Pool's better players. They knew what they were getting when they bought him, and he's continued playing as expected from him.

And Lucas is crap, but he improved last year, and if Hodgson actually molds him into a roe instead of etting him stew as a I'm crap at everything sort of player, then he could turn great, he has potential, but he's all over the place.

All those players SHOULD stay. And Pool have this year to prove they're still a Top 4 club, because they definitely don't have the squad to call themselves that. Don't let history fool you, Pool are on the descent. Hodgson has been a wise choice because he can create teams, and Pool have so much playing staff that they need to off-load reserves and some backups and get one or two reinforcements and build an actual team that works, instead of an everchanging lineup that will never really click.

Well done to Mancini for making everyone who said 3 DMs and real CF wouldn't work eat their words, although it was just one match, still a way to go.

About ******* time

6-0 against Villa, that's a bang.

Comment

damn right, I meant on the final table though. hopefully they clinch an European spot, would be as hard as awesome...

Comment

damn right, I meant on the final table though. hopefully they clinch an European spot, would be as hard as awesome...
            Most awesome would be them finishing about ManU, and bringing Lee back in time for tha.

Comment

Not much to discuss..its on its way down

Auf geht´s ihr Roten !!!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Premiership Asamoah Gyan!

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

blackpool bought the toon back down to earth...

city are just a bunch of rich fags lol

united had one of the most gay endings to a game ever

chelsea make the most out of every point dropped by us

arsenal lookthe deal this season

the most amazing fact here is...blackpool happen to be the only team with a clean sheet so far this week LOL
                  ******** Waddup Waddup ********
                  sigpic

Comment

They've conceded 8 goals, dude.

Chelsea were the last team not to concede, and that's no longer the case.

Comment

Originally posted by creativemantra View Post
                      arsenal lookthe deal this season
                      not really.. they have been playing pretty poor actually

Comment

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini after his side are held at home by Blackburn: "It is a very unlucky moment for us. We are missing six important players. We had 25 chances. We must continue to work very well. All the players played 100% because we wanted to win the game. "It (the goal we let in after a mix-up) can happen but also when we concede a goal like today we must continue to play.

---------------
                        What a sore loser...

as if he doesnt have world class players anyways
                        Silva, barry, santa cruz, jo on the bench and a class starting 11
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by creativemantra View Post
                          Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini after his side are held at home by Blackburn: "It is a very unlucky moment for us. We are missing six important players. We had 25 chances. We must continue to work very well. All the players played 100% because we wanted to win the game. "It (the goal we let in after a mix-up) can happen but also when we concede a goal like today we must continue to play.

---------------
                          What a sore loser...

as if he doesnt have world class players anyways
                          Silva, barry, santa cruz, jo on the bench and a class starting 11
                          I didn't realize King's shadow could actually speak, well done.

We were missing a ****load of players, but Mancini made tons of managerial mistakes today. We deserved the 3 points but even Lady Luck seems to be jealous by our spending power, so what can you do.

Comment

Originally posted by rony31 View Post
                            I didn't realize King's shadow could actually speak, well done.

We were missing a ****load of players, but Mancini made tons of managerial mistakes today. We deserved the 3 points but even Lady Luck seems to be jealous by our spending power, so what can you do.
                            It's King's Mentor dufus !

and ya...
                            I really dont feel Mancini is the right guy..
                            you guys currently have a team with the best english core.
                            A good manager will really make your club go places...
                            Mancini seems to be really makin many mistakes and i guess he aint too famous in the dressing either right ?
                            sigpic

Comment

haha "ain't too famous"

You sound like a cockney

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Working...
                              X