No announcement yet.

The English Premier League Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't catch the last 10 minutes so I missed the 3rd, but Sunderland were putting on a real show there. Shocking yet totally deserved win and result for them...Chelsea were abismal.

Comment

Best Matchday ever?

Everton 5-3 Blackpool (both teams leading and catching up at different points)
      Wolves 2-1 ManU (from 0-1)
      Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal (0-4 HT)
      ManCity 3-0 WestBrom (Tevez Birthday Hat-trick)
      Spurs 2-1 Bolton (Missed, retaken penalty and a last-minute winner)
      Villa 2-2 Fulham (Fulham tied it twice)
      Stoke 3-2 Sunderland (last gasp winner after Sunderland led twice)
      Wigan 4-3 Blackburn (Blackburn led and looked like they were gonna draw)

AND we still have the relegation battle between West Ham and Birmingham tomorrow, with both of them hjaving recently faced off at the Carling, and the most anticipated match of the weekend, when January's biggest spenders face off, where Fernando Torres will mark his Chelsea debut against his old club Liverpool, having scored his first goal for Liverpool against his new team.

Comment

Premier League was on crack today.

Was watching Match of the Day and it was just a mess!

Comment

I've never seen so many penalties given on one match day.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

Seriously, this round has been the best round of Premier League this season so far. Many goals, many comebacks and great football. I really enjoyed this weekend.

Comment

Best football league, what else.

Comment

Originally posted by Coruja View Post
                Best football league, what else.
                And Blatter states that the Premier League has to learn from La Liga. What kind of bull*** is that, it should be the other way around.

Comment

There really isn't anything La Liga can learn from the EPL unless Spain wants to double its economy and force Spanish as the global language. Obviously the EPL is better, but it's because of the money/investment and the fact that English is either the first or second language for virtually everyone on earth.

If any league could challenge the EPL in terms of global influence I'd actually say it's Ligue 1, but that will never happen because the fans don't support the clubs like in England.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
                    There really isn't anything La Liga can learn from the EPL unless Spain wants to double its economy and force Spanish as the global language. Obviously the EPL is better, but it's because of the money/investment and the fact that English is either the first or second language for virtually everyone on earth.

If any league could challenge the EPL in terms of global influence I'd actually say it's Ligue 1, but that will never happen because the fans don't support the clubs like in England.
                    I think i could say that clubs from 3rd division of England have more supporters than some clubes of Portuguese 1st league. And that says a lot. By far the best league of football and it has their traditions and rules about foreign players, while here in Portugal some teams are full of brazilians.

Spanish league its all about 2 teams, and thats pretty boring, of course i like to see Barcelona's Messi or Real Madrid and stuff, but overall its all about those two teams.

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...lympic-stadium

Poor Spurs now they are getting beat to stadiums as well.

Comment

That's because Spurs' bid is f*cking stupid. Why the hell would you tear down a stadium after 1 month of use?
                        sigpic

Comment

Apparently, the Fulham fans, who don't like the new Michael Jackson statue can "go to hell".

Comment

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Who would want a child molester's statue, who has nothing to do with the club in the front of their stadium?

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Premier League Championship Manager

Hey, anybody interested in some tutorials about championship manager games? You know .. that old ones, text-based, in 2D graphics, but always could hold our breaths
                              I found some useful ones here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/577356-ch...9-00/faqs/9216, this is about cm9900 but anyways, you can find lots of cool stuff.
                              Or you can try this one, it's in Romanian, maybe the English version will appear soon. It's all about the tactics : http://www.scs.ubbcluj.ro/~cdir0349
                              Have fun!

Comment

Hahaha, Bale wins PFA Player of the Year.

Awful choice.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X