• Time
  • Show
Clear All

fantastic!

but Kaká - Fenerbahce owns it

I've got a devil in me

NEW! This Is How I Will Raise My Child

Comment

Amazing goal reminiscent of Maradonna against England. Well done Lionel.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShearerM4 View Post
        Great goal no doubt... and funny how very similar to Maradona's it is!! especially once he gets into the box and past the keeper.

Not even goal of the month though I'm afraid, I prefer long rangers or volleys to solo goals.
        I'd agree with Matt. This won't even come close to goal of the century. But a very good goal nonetheless. The difference between this goal and Maradona's is that Messi did it against Getafe.
        .................................................. ..........

Comment

Wow, an orgasmic goal, nothing else to say about it...A magical run just like Diego's, and what is even more shocking is after he scores he falls to the ground just like Maradona did and runs just like him to celebrate to the right corner...For me this will be the goal of the decade, at least. I have to disagree with the user who said that this might be the goal of the month, you practically see very nice long-range shot goals from time to time, but you rarely (and I mean very rarely) see a solo run like Messi's.

PURE MAGIC, nothing more...

Member of Soccer Access.com and Fifa Express Argentina

Comment

In response to some of the replies:

Getafe is not a bad team. They are 9th place and have conceded the fewest goals in La Liga.

Volley goals are impressive, but they require a lot of luck, and the opposing defence isn't really "beat." Today Messi took the ball half the length of the field and beat four defenders and the keeper by himself. It required just the right touches and incredible speed.

The Kaka goal versus Fenerbahce was impressive, but he started closer to the goal, beat fewer defenders, and shot past the keeper instead of beating him. I have to say Messi wins.

I am the new Paul the Octopus

Comment

Originally posted by Sevillista View Post
              In response to some of the replies:

Getafe is not a bad team. They are 9th place and have conceded the fewest goals in La Liga.

Volley goals are impressive, but they require a lot of luck, and the opposing defence isn't really "beat." Today Messi took the ball half the length of the field and beat four defenders and the keeper by himself. It required just the right touches and incredible speed.

The Kaka goal versus Fenerbahce was impressive, but he started closer to the goal, beat fewer defenders, and shot past the keeper instead of beating him. I have to say Messi wins.
              Agree, how many volley goals do you see in comparison to solo goals from behind midfield?

Comment

yer with modern footballs anyone with a bit of luck can score a great long distance or volley goal. Only truly great players can score goals like Messi's.
                Last edited by Thelonious; 19-04-2007, 09:28:AM.

Comment

Each to his own as always...

Maybe I prefer blockbuster hard hits because the player I idolise was almost incapable of dribbling past ten players.

Or maybe he just didn't need to, unlike Messi

Comment

Originally posted by ShearerM4 View Post
                    Each to his own as always...

Maybe I prefer blockbuster hard hits because the player I idolise was almost incapable of dribbling past ten players.

Or maybe he just didn't need to, unlike Messi
                    That last line didn't make sense, but whatever. I respect your tastes, but all I am saying is that it is much more common to score long volleys than to score solo runs from half-field and bypassing various defenders. That is what makes this goal unique for me...

Comment

great goal by Messi...But Getafe are no England lol.
                      "Mourinho are you listening, You better keep our trophy glistening, cuz we'll be back in may to take it away, walking in Fergie wonderland"

"We all know that Johnnys gona score, Na na na na na na na na na na, na na, na na na na na na na na, na na, We all know that Johnnys Gonna score"

"I saw my mate the other day, He said he seen the white pele, then i asked who is he, he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney"

Comment

Originally posted by pefan View Post
                        great goal by Messi...But Getafe are no England lol.
                        Yeah, Getafe need to score own goals like against Croatia to be on that level.

As for Goal of the Century......hmmm.......let's give this century another 93 years before we start whipping out our dicks to circle-jerk to this - no doubt - beauty of a goal by Messi.
                        (]Phospheen[)

Comment

Brilliant goal

Thought i was watching my PES6 master league game

Awesome sig by $teauA

Comment

Originally posted by Dragan T View Post
                            Yeah, Getafe need to score own goals like against Croatia to be on that level.
                            Peter Reid would have chopped him.

Into my heart an air that kills
                            From yon far country blows:
                            What are those blue remembered hills,
                            What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
                            I see it shining plain,
                            The happy highways where I went
                            And cannot come again.

Comment

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Nike "passing of the torch" advert going back and forth between the two goals (Messi's and Maradona's).

Will be a great advert when it comes out!
                              My Football Career - A Referee's Journey
                              RefPlanet.com - THE Resource for Referees (and Referee Bashing) of ALL Sports!

Comment

Very nice. But it looks too similar to maradonas goal that was also scored on a game of much higher importance. Anyway top 10 stuff for this century so far.
                                I still like Ronaldinhos goal from 2005 more. It was nothing you've seen before
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjzFwp0v4Qs

Comment

Working...
                                X