No announcement yet.

Elections Super Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinton edged Massachusetts, Bernie really needed to take all those northern liberal white people states...
    CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

My favorite Clinton thing, her voters "prefer someone with political experience" even though it feels like Bernie has been in congress since Abe Lincoln was alive.
      Originally posted by Turk123
      Bobby you are so repulsive , is Huge Grant your father?
      genius
      Best Poster of the Year 2008
      Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
      The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
      Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
      Best Greenlandic Member 2005
      ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
      Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"

Comment

My favourite Cruz quote - "I used to be into classic rock, but as a result of 9/11 I found I started to prefer country music"

There's a man who knows his core demographic.

Comment

A GOP Senator said they wouldn't piss on Cruz if he was on fire .
          genius

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael View Post
            Your tone when discussing Trump lately makes me worried about your potential vote.
            Did you see my post 21 hours ago?

The person who maybe will win the general election I was referring to was Rubio. The wackjob is obviously Cruz.

New York Times, 1922

Last edited by Nimreitz; 03-03-2016, 01:22:AM.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ics%252Bnation

The Justice Department has granted immunity to the former State Department staffer who worked on Hillary Rodham Clinton’s private email server, a sign the FBI investigation into possible criminal wrongdoing is progressing.
              Trump on one side and this dumpster fire on the other. Great election.

I certainly wouldn't mind Biden stepping in.
              Last edited by Bobby; 03-03-2016, 03:20:AM.
              genius

Comment

They're talking about parachuting Romney in on the Republican side - since when did he become a 'saviour figure'?

I think Biden would have been the next president if he had run, what a crazy thought

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
                  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ics%252Bnation

Trump on one side and this dumpster fire on the other. Great election.
                  Immediately following the results coming in on Tuesday Google searches in the US for 'How to move to Canada' surged by 1500%

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                    They're talking about parachuting Romney in on the Republican side - since when did he become a 'saviour figure'?

I think Biden would have been the next president if he had run, what a crazy thought
                    There's been a "Draft Mitt" movement floating around for awhile now, a lot of people were hopeful he'd declare late last year but it never materialized. Another name that gets floated is Jon Huntsman, Jr., a former Governor of Utah and Ambassador to China under Obama and Ambassador to Singapore under Clinton and Bush, Sr.. I wouldn't call Mitt terribly popular, but he's not unpopular either. He's seen as a savior figure now because Rubio is flailing and the mainline of the party sees Cruz as extreme (because Cruz IS extreme) so they need someone competent to step in, enter Romney.

And yeah, Joe Biden would win easily. People love that guy.
                    genius

Comment

aaaand Rubio is finished.
                      genius

Comment

There's been a "Draft Mitt" movement floating around for awhile now, a lot of people were hopeful he'd declare late last year but it never materialized. Another name that gets floated is Jon Huntsman, Jr., a former Governor of Utah and Ambassador to China under Obama and Ambassador to Singapore under Clinton and Bush, Sr.. I wouldn't call Mitt terribly popular, but he's not unpopular either. He's seen as a savior figure now because Rubio is flailing and the mainline of the party sees Cruz as extreme (because Cruz IS extreme) so they need someone competent to step in, enter Romney.

And yeah, Joe Biden would win easily. People love that guy.
                        I always liked Huntsman but didnt he finish dead last the one time he ran?

Comment

aaaand Rubio is finished.
                          I don't know who I want to win least out of Trump and Cruz - I think Cruz is a worse human being, but a Trump win is a more scary indictment of the dangers of demagoguery in democracy.

Comment

Huntsman is a high quality guy. Very smart and has a lot of very sensible, pragmatic policies. In a less polarized time he'd be a shoe in and be a great President. Right now people see him as "too soft".

Cruz is easily the lesser of two evils. He's not ideal by any means but I don't think he'd peel back the First Amendment or try to have soldiers commit war crimes. He's a dick but he's no monster.
                            genius

Comment

I also think he would be easily beaten by Hilary even if the emails scandal flares up whereas a Hilary vs Trump fight is harder to predict because everything involving trump is hard to predict

Comment

I actually think Cruz would cause more lasting harm to the nation. Trump would be a disaster, but ultimately with the checks and balances in place in government he would only really damage himself and our reputation because we were dumb enough to elect him.

Cruz is a fucking nutcase. He is a dangerous extremist who holds pretty much every classic John Birch position, and because there's this perception that he is a mainstream politician for some reason, I think Congress would work with him to pass disastrous policies.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Working...
                                X