No announcement yet.

2015 NFL & College Football Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's happening again!!!! Rodgers going to cement his legacy this season.

Real talk, you can talk about Super Bowl wins all you want, but the Pats are Belicheck, the 49ers were Walsh, the Steelers were Noll. It's not always just counting rings, especially on a sport with 22 starters. Much like Emmitt Smith has the rushing record, he is not the best RB I've ever seen... the best QB I've ever seen is Aaron Rodgers. I respect Brady's rings, and he's a great QB, but Rodgers is better. His talent and ability is just above anyone else I've ever seen.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
      Well, McSorley's horrendous Rex Grossman "fuck it I'm going deep" impression finally caught up to him. Not since Manziel have I seen a QB more praised who had so little talent. At least Johnny Football had a skill set that was successful for college football; McSorley just chucks the ball up in the air and he's lucky to have such great WRs and one of the best college RBs I've ever seen in Saquon Barkley.
      I agree.

He is not very good and is highly overrated, it is only because of Barkley, Godwin and Gesicki he can get away with what they call the "home run".

Rodgers is better than Brady when it comes to mobility and accuracy but he is not the scholar of the game Brady is.

They both can read a defense but Brady seems to read ahead of the play but I credit Belicheck for that, greatest coach of all time, hate to say it.

Comment

• Yeah, definitely Belichick. He wins without Brady too. They went like 10-6 with Matt Cassel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
          Yeah, definitely Belichick. He wins without Brady too. They went like 10-6 with Matt Cassel.
          My opinion is without Belicheck Brady never would have become the quarterback he is.

He was never that good at Michigan and it showed as he was a 6th round draft pick.

That is not the case with Aaron Rodgers as Mike McCarthy is nowhere close to Belicheck.

Belicheck takes players with decent football knowledge and ability and molds them into superstars that can play multiple positions.

Comment

• Packers completely out of their depth in the NFC Championship Game. That Ripkowski fumble was a killer, although the Falcons are absolutely crushing the Packers defense either way.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
            2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Juventino View Post
              Packers completely out of their depth in the NFC Championship Game. That Ripkowski fumble was a killer, although the Falcons are absolutely crushing the Packers defense either way.
              Could have been different had the receivers not dropped so many balls and the defense being healthy.

Atlanta is definitely a very good team and my choice to win the super bowl.

No team left in the post season has enough quality players on their defense to stop all of Atlanta's weapons on offense.

The defense is stout as well and the best match up offensively would be the Steelers but I don't see them winning against Belicheck.

New England doesn't have enough weapons on offense to go point for point with Atlanta.

Comment

Packers completely out of their depth in the NFC Championship Game. That Ripkowski fumble was a killer, although the Falcons are absolutely crushing the Packers defense either way.
                That was a fucking safety.

Comment

• Yeah I couldn't believe it wasn't even mentioned or challenged.

Comment

• Then I see "experts" being condescending on twitter with the rule, and it's very very clear to me that the Falcons' defender did not go into the endzone on his own momentum, but rather he rolled back when he realized where he was.

Comment

• Holy. Shit. Best comeback ever. I'm speechless. I have no speech. That turned from the worst Super Bowl ever into the best. WOW.

Comment

Holy. Shit. Best comeback ever. I'm speechless. I have no speech. That turned from the worst Super Bowl ever into the best. WOW.
                        I've seen better Super Bowls but it was a good game.

You can't get a lead like that and go into coast mode against a mind like Belicheck.

The Falcons should have kept playing that bump coverage especially since the
                        4 man was rush was more than enough getting to Brady.

The Falcon offense should have stayed attacking and treated the game the way way they treated every game in the regular season.

Young coaches make mistakes and they paid for it.

Comment

• No way, that was the greatest game of football ever played. Comeback and OT in the Super Bowl pushes it past everything else. Matt Ryan sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by regularcat View Post
                            I've seen better Super Bowls but it was a good game.

You can't get a lead like that and go into coast mode against a mind like Belicheck.

The Falcons should have kept playing that bump coverage especially since the
                            4 man was rush was more than enough getting to Brady.

The Falcon offense should have stayed attacking and treated the game the way way they treated every game in the regular season.

Young coaches make mistakes and they paid for it.

Wrong as always. This was something special.

Also, a part of the reason why they lost was because they stayed aggressive when being conservative would have been better. They were near the end zone after Julio's ridiculous catch, but instead of trying to run (which began to get stuffed) they tried to go for the jugular and got two sacks and a holding play that took them out of field goal range.

Not to mention the defense didn't change other than the fact that they were basically shot due to being out there so long. Atlanta is from the Seattle school of not subbing players out. They were out of gas by the fourth.

Either way, can't tempt fate and don't bet against Brady. He's the confirmed GOAT status now with this.
                            Last edited by Back Door Skip; 10-02-2017, 10:10:PM.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X