No announcement yet.

Soccergaming Adblock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following protests by our moderating team where we took your and our concerns to the site owners, they have subsequently disabled the Adblock-blocker and have said the will revisit the ads and try to scale down the most annoying ones.

SG Moderators - To Protect and Serve
    CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
      Following protests by our moderating team where we took your and our concerns to the site owners, they have subsequently disabled the Adblock-blocker and have said the will revisit the ads and try to scale down the most annoying ones.

SG Moderators - To Protect and Serve
      What's really (and still) annoying is having pages with an odd width, especially a large width as you need to scroll horizontally every bloody time to go to the next page.

Comment

Is that due to ads or to people posting big images?
        CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
          Is that due to ads or to people posting big images?
          Both. For instance my thread (in my sig) used to have the images in first post perfectly aligned to the message box width, now the images exceed the page width and people have to scroll (I haven't of course changed my browser zoom or anything else related to it).

Then there's pages with reduced width, that's because there is still that space reserved for ads, even though one blocks them.

When I'm replying in advanced mode (or previewing) the board behaves exactly like it's supposed to, adapting its width to browser zoom, i.e. keeping it to constant 100% (until you zoom in too much). This adapting does not occur anymore in regular pages.

Comment

Ads on this page are kind of annoying, and also the cpu usage increases a lot, there must be order at least because we dont know what the heck is running on background meanwhile we visit this site.

Comment

This is definitely my favourite "sub-forum?". I like how some people come up with all sorts of questions in need of great detail which at some point get absurd really. With the experienced members or mods of the forum giving out sound advice at first, and then just taking the piss on the account of imbecile questions later on when they have evenutally become ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
              X