Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Championship Manager 5 (UK release 18/3/05;1/4/05 other nations), confirmed features:

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted at gamesindustry.biz
    Eidos confirms rumours of takeover talks

Rob Fahey 12:12 03/08/2004
    Share price on the up as buyout prospect looms on the horizon

British publisher Eidos Plc has confirmed that it is in preliminary talks with a number of companies regarding a possible takeover bid, responding to recent speculation which has caused the company's share price to rebound.

In a trading update issued this morning, Eidos said that "preliminary discussions with a small number of parties in relation to possible business combinations" are taking place - but warned that it was not certain whether these would lead to an offer being made.

Shares in Eidos rose by over 10 per cent yesterday, carrying the company's stock price back over the 100 pence mark, and a further rise of almost four per cent has brought the price to 111 pence today in the wake of the announcement.

Eidos' share price had previously collapsed to around 90 pence after the company issued profits warnings ahead of the end of its financial year on June 31st. At that time, the company denied that any approach had been made regarding a takeover.

Comment

meh, I think CM would become crap if EA buys it. First I was converted from FIFA to CM and now I think I'm going to buy PES as action footy game instead of FIFA. So no EA in my house anymore and I think more will do the same if EA doesn't stop producing this ridiculous games.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

Originally posted by Zlatan
        meh, I think CM would become crap if EA buys it. First I was converted from FIFA to CM and now I think I'm going to buy PES as action footy game instead of FIFA. So no EA in my house anymore and I think more will do the same if EA doesn't stop producing this ridiculous games.
        I like Need for Speed though
        I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for letting us work there, and when we got home, our Dad would murder us in cold blood, each night, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah." But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'.

Comment

NFs is not developed by EA sports tho.. I think

Comment

Only dumb, gullible people buy TCM.

Comment

Shiny gfx all the way (that's my anti-EA slogan)

Comment

Kinda offtopic....but did you guys know the BGS logo is property of Eidos?

Comment

Originally posted by mixafendis
                  NFs is not developed by EA sports tho.. I think
                  Yeah, it's developed by Eletronic Arts.

Comment

Originally posted by willem
                    Kinda offtopic....but did you guys know the BGS logo is property of Eidos?
                    Eidos also pay for their rent...

Comment

Rumours about the release date:

Dates provided by three webstores offering pre-order of CM5

www.amazon.co.uk
                      1st october 2004

www.play.com
                      15th october 2004

www.gameplay.com
                      22nd october 2004

Again: RUMOURS

Comment

What about the cm demo though?
                        FRED Reading fc fan till die

Trod says, it is not going to be a fun christmas for me i have 7 exams in january,

and i think he he but come june he will be laughing at me

Comment

No news.

Comment

Originally posted at championshipmanager.co.uk
                            Championship Manager Strikes Adidas Deal
                            by Keir Edmonds - 24/08/2004

Eidos, publisher of the record-breaking Championship Manager series of football management games, today announces an exclusive partnership with the worlds leading football brand, Adidas, for the hotly-anticipated October release of Championship Manager 5.

Championship Manager 5 will be the only football management game to have exclusive rights to the use of Adidas merchandise for product, packaging and in-game purposes.

World-recognised images such as the Adidas Roteiro ball used in Euro 2004, Adidas Predator Pulse boots and the Adidas trademark will be available for in-game screen backgrounds.

Eidos and Adidas will also be providing an exclusive football-based competition via the games box insert as well as on www.championshipmanager.co.uk.
                            The final boxart that will be on the shelves in October:

"The world's number 1 football management game"? We'll see about that when december comes.

Comment

god Eidos are thick, lets team up with Adidas, bar SOME advertising id love to see how thats going to affect the game

TROD.

Into my heart an air that kills
                              From yon far country blows:
                              What are those blue remembered hills,
                              What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
                              I see it shining plain,
                              The happy highways where I went
                              And cannot come again.

Comment

It says right there: in-game backgrounds, and box cover and insert.

Comment

Working...
                                X