Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Story

Alright, a bit of a success story here.

Usually I like to focus on the financial aspect of the game, managing the money, getting good deals on transfers and the like, so I just download a tactic and work from there.

This time around I decided to try making my own tactic, so I made a 4-1-3-1. Playing as Man Utd, I acquired Hargreavs and my line up is

VDS

Neville Ferdinand Vidic/Heinze Evra

Hargreaves

Ronaldo Scholes Giggs/Ji Sung Park

Rooney Saha

I also have Carrick go in for Scholes if we are winning comfortably, just to slow thing down.

The thing is, usually I win a lot of games with the downloaded tactic. I'm winning with my own! In second place on a 10 game win streak (behind Chelsea, this is with FM Weegie update so they have an amazing squad), I have let in 7 goals and scored 33.

It feels so great to have MY tactic working so well for me. Some highlights include MANY 4-0 slaughters against Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, Blackburn, Wigan, and Middlesbrough.

Any one else have success stories?

Don't mean to spoil the party, but with Man U about every tactic works, hejz.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

my greatest success story was bringing a romanian team (Olimpia SM) from 2nd division to first and winning the league then moving to Genoa, taking them from 2nd division and winning seria a.

Comment

Good job whoratiu.

Chelsea F.C. - FA Cup Winners 2009

Comment

What, never done something as good?

I guess taking a 4th division side to winning the CL would be considered better.

I started unemployed BTW.

Comment

i've got woking f.c from league div 2 to the premiership.

SIG BY ANTHONY

Comment

Well now that we're at it here's my success story with Everton: 5 league titles, 4 CL's, 3 Club WC's, 3 FA Cups, 3 Community Shields, 3 European super cups and one League Cup in five seasons.

Comment

i often find the League Cup the hardest competition to win, by far!

Comment

Well I mostly play my youngsters there, they even won it once as you can see. But maybe I should've played the league cup more seriously because than I could've got the quadruple once.

Comment

I was joking.

Chelsea F.C. - FA Cup Winners 2009

Comment

How about winning championships all over the world? I have done so with a French, German, Italian, Spanish, English and other clubs.

Comment

In FM06
                        - Club World Championship with Sydney FC (on a 2.something million euro Salary cap), putting 3-5 goals past both Boca and Bremen
                        - Team from German regional division up to UEFA Cup (lack of crowds -> big losses -> cant afford better players -> tough to take the step up to winning the league/getting CL)

Comment

I guess taking a 4th division side to winning the CL would be considered better.

-

Comment

uhhh

Comment

Seems Like I have competition. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X