Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fm 17

The additions seem pretty shit.

Whatever, I'll buy it on sale for the roster updates.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Very underwhelming additions. Oh well, it's hard to add new exciting things at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
        Whatever, I'll buy it on sale for the roster updates.
        I don't really get this...As you wait until it's on sale and the roster updates/fixtures are out of date anyway. Doesn't that defeat the purpose a little?

Just get an updated DB for FM16 if you're going to wait until Christmas anyway.

Comment

The February update always has the January transfers. Plus, the Bundesliga rarely conducts business in January.

Comment

Yeah, I get that it would be up to date with transfers - but you can get that online for a prior version (FM16 etc).

I hate starting in February for a season that is 2/3s over in real life. The main advantage of getting the game early is that to me.

I also wouldn't want February squads from the start of the season. Way back in Championship Manager days there used to be a site that made updates that instead of just moving the players set them up as future transfers. I liked that - as then all the transfers went through when they did. But in any case, I'd prefer just starting the season with the squad that started the season - and as close to the start of the season IRL as possible.

Comment

I don't care about that at all because I play more than one season. I rarely get started with FM until around Christmas.

Comment

Have you guys ever played with no transfers allowed in first window?
                CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Yes, I usually disable first window transfers if I take over a big club and I want to maintain the status quo for a bit. If I take over a club with an eye to revising everything, then I'll allow them.

Newcastle look like the most fun club this year. I am not excited by this Bayern like I have been the past... 5 years... I think my first game might be the Toon Army this version.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                    Sometimes I have reservations starting a new save because I often do a comprehensive analysis of the whole squad when starting out. If I force myself to sticking to the existing team for at least half a season then I get to learn more about the players slowly, with each game. For that reason I have used that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                      I basically always do - especially when I start my first game as close to the start of the real season as possible.

Comment

My first game is Liverpool. I often go Sydney FC as my first game and try to work my way up to a European job ( I went A-League, MLS then finally into Europe one save a while ago), but this year I decided to just go straight to Liverpool.

Comment

I fancy having a go at one of the milans
                          CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Not sure who I want to start with this season. I bit the bullet and bought the game, but haven't really started up a first major save. I had good fun with Benfica last version, so I'm thinking maybe Porto this time, but Benfica's youth academy is so damn good I don't really want to have to go against that.

E: Everton has a lot of money available from the Stones transfer, I'm going to kick the tires around an Everton game and see if it sticks. I like Barkley and Lukaku and I think I could probably buy Pulisic and Carter-Vickers.
                            Last edited by Nimreitz; 16-11-2016, 12:03:AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X