Football Manager release dates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager release dates

Does anyone else think they're missing out a bit release FM so late each year?

By November, when the game comes out, the start of season buzz has died down a bit in my eyes.

If they can't get the game out by August, perhaps they should wait 20 months for a release one year, and have it released at the start of August. I much prefer to play from the start of the season - and I like the start of my season to have happened before it has in real life.

Transfers etc can easily be corrected with updates etc, so that's no excuse.

It really frustrates me every year, that when the season starts, and I'm pumped up for football, I can't play from the start of the season which has just started...I have to wait 4 months, and by then I'm a little over it - and if a side is going really poorly in real life at that stage of the season, and start smashing it in Football Manager, it also loses my interest a little. If I'm always "in the future" in my game, I don't get that same feeling. But really the main point is being able to start the season in game that's being started in real life.

Amen

Comment

Yeah, this is partly why I haven't played FM in years. Just lose interest in football. By the time I get interested again the game is already a year old and it sucks playing 'in the past'.

Comment

Seeing as they were even struggling to make November last year, I don't think we ever going to get it in August. SI works slow...

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael View Post
          Yeah, this is partly why I haven't played FM in years. Just lose interest in football. By the time I get interested again the game is already a year old and it sucks playing 'in the past'.
          Glad it's not just me. I'm so excited around August every year. Waiting so long for it is ridiculous.

They should delay a release by 18 months (or release a version one year in August which is essentially a roster update with new start dates to get on track).

Comment

Long term it's probably beneficial, but do they have the current financial strength to do such a thing?

Comment

If they released another FM 8-9 months after their first release, and it was basically a roster update to get them out on time, then changed back to annual releases, I'm not sure they'd lose much $?

Comment

But do people buy the roster update version?

Comment

I can see it working if they are honest about it and dock the price imo

Comment

Originally posted by Mus View Post
                    Long term it's probably beneficial, but do they have the current financial strength to do such a thing?
                    Sega probably needs the money. They aren't in the best financial shape these days. I expect FM is a golden goose for them, especially since Sonic doesn't carry the panache of, say, Mario anymore.
                    Originally posted by Turk123
                    Bobby you are so repulsive , is Huge Grant your father?
                    genius
                    Best Poster of the Year 2008
                    Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
                    The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
                    Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
                    Best Greenlandic Member 2005
                    ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
                    Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"

Comment

Originally posted by Mus View Post
                      But do people buy the roster update version?
                      They could add some minor features if they wanted to. Half the seasons have bugger all in the way of new features anyway. So they could just call it FM17. Most fans wouldn't even think twice about it and get it for the new season - as they do every year.

Comment

I completely agree with the OP and I think they would probably sell more copies if the game came out in July or August.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Great !

Comment

I wouldnt want it to be released until the transfer window has closed because playing with the full new squads is a big part of the attraction of a new FM for me (and I know I could just install an update, but that wouldnt change the games I'd already started), but I think they should really aim to release it sooner - get it all ready by the end of august, have the whole team doing the squad changes during the first week of september and release it mid-September, IMO.
                            CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
                              I wouldnt want it to be released until the transfer window has closed because playing with the full new squads is a big part of the attraction of a new FM for me (and I know I could just install an update, but that wouldnt change the games I'd already started), but I think they should really aim to release it sooner - get it all ready by the end of august, have the whole team doing the squad changes during the first week of september and release it mid-September, IMO.
                              I think their two obvious targets should either be season kick off, or just after close of transfer window.

Both have their positives, both have their draw backs. Both are much much better than the current November releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X