• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's Eusepi's bomber status this year?

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
    2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

Not as good, but good enough. He was pretty bad in the first half, but came on in the second half.

With 4 games left, this happened

which led to this happening

6 points from the playoff spot. 3 games to go. Not gonna happen

Incidentally, Schoppenhauer is suspended because of a bullshit red card at Ingolstadt, which led to a 0-1 loss. So we lost games 34 and 35. Ouch.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Meh. By the way, no DFB-Pokal matches? Or early unnoteworthy exit swept under the rug, Mr. Kunkel?

Comment

No, we didn't play in the Pokal for some reason. Anyway, all things considered I think this was a pretty successful season. Our contract was renewed (for one more year) and we finished here.

I should have been able to get us promoted, and it's really a shame that I didn't figure out the best XI right away in the first half of the season because there were a lot of points left in the board in my opinion. Then again, it might have just been new players getting adjusted to the team, which I hear is a much bigger thing in FM13. Here are the team stats

Here is the first choice XI and tactic, so you don't get confused next year and experiment a little.

Eusepi is good enough, Schnellhardt is a MC-DLPs phenom at this level and our best player, Martin is probably the best winger in the league, Roger is a great CB, our fullbacks are good. The loaned players are vitally important, and you should REALLY REALLY make sure you get Wurtz and Shoppenhauer back next year. Wurtz was our only player to make the Third Division team of the year, although Schnellhardt probably would have if he wasn't injured for the final 4 months of the season.

DM needs an upgrade, but I signed a player on Bosman from Regensburg who should be able to shore up the defense better than Strobl. I also signed a young RB who you may or may not prefer to Morales. I think he's a backup actually, but it's not a huge deal and gives us a good backup so we don't have to slide Babiloni to RB when there's an injury. Your keeper is god awful and you really need a new one NOW. That's the most important position for your promotion chances in my opinion; everything else is mostly settled as long as you get those Bremen kids back. If you don't, then you're gonna have to make some more signings. The most important IMO is an AML, but AMC is extremely important as well. Bremen has a GK you should look at, and Fahrmann at Schalke is languishing in the reserves too; he wouldn't come to me this year, but maybe he will next year.
          Last edited by Nimreitz; 15-03-2013, 06:40:AM.

Comment

Good enough, looks like a very solid base for promotion next year. And LOL @ Stuttgart II's single point and 148 goals conceded. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Their goalkeeper and manager are probably floating in the Donau.

Comment

Season 3: http://depositfiles.com/files/ktayac9y7

Originally posted by Juventino View Post
              Good enough, looks like a very solid base for promotion next year. And LOL @ Stuttgart II's single point and 148 goals conceded. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Their goalkeeper and manager are probably floating in the Donau.
              I know, that was really incredible. The worst part is that when Lubeck went to Stuttgart we needed a late goal to win 3-2! We conceded 9% of their goals for the season in that one game.

The only think I'm worried about is how good Regensburg were (look at their goal difference). If we get 2 more teams coming down of that quality, it could be a challenge, but none of the other teams will be good enough to seriously challenge us as long as the chairman gives the usual ~2m to spend. The Bremen stars aren't even close to good enough to play with the Werder Bremen first team, so we should get them again.
              Last edited by Nimreitz; 15-03-2013, 06:48:AM.

Comment

Is anyone else interested in playing?

If no one else is able to play in the near future, I don't mind taking over another season. I don't think the order of managers is very important, anyone can join down the line and play whenever he feels like it, just not two seasons in a row. I don't think we're in a position to be very strict about this. Agreed?

In any case this should be a very good game and story!

Comment

I actually did have a lot of fun this season despite some frustration, and I'd love to see the game continue quickly because I'm curious about the future of Lubeck. Really wish I could have got an affiliation with Bayern

Comment

I might jump in at some point, kinda busy at the moment with a few assignments but after that

Comment

I think it's awesome you guys chose Germany. Did you end up downloading extra German leagues or did you play with the original? What league level is that you're in now?

The Stuttgart 2 thing is hilarious, I like it when weird stuff like that happens in FM.

I predict the team promotes next year because of having 1 extra year of experience together (the players).

Nim, how did the diagonal DM/MC combo work? Sometimes when I do asymmetric like that it creates a lot of holes in defence. I find something like that suitable to having a counter attack tactic however.

Comment

I've been using the MCL-DMCL thing in all my games for awhile. I used it in my Schalke game and was comfortable with it enough to keep it at Lubeck. I just think the midfielders are in better positions on defense than if I were to put them in a vertical line, and it makes it easier for them to find some space in the midfield than if they were in a vertical line. Sometimes I wish my DMC would be more central, but I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I played pretty direct this year though, just because they players are so relatively bad. It's kind of hilarious to go from my Schalke game to Lubeck, because the game is soooo slow and the players make such bad passes and decisions.

I also had to tell my GK to just kick it long to the striker because he was giving up too many goals trying to pass to the CBs, who would then lose the ball immediately, or not even beat the opposing striker to the ball. Route 1 long ball would be VERY effective at this level, incidentally. Defenders almost don't want to head the ball.
                        Last edited by Nimreitz; 15-03-2013, 06:50:PM.

Comment

You could try a centred DM and a right-centre MC. Probably better in defence but a little worse in offence so you'd have to weigh it out.

Comment

What to do with the AMC then? Put him off center as well? Or just use the MC to overload the other team's worst side?

Comment

Amc centered. I works good if you have an AMC. It would be unbalanced only in the MC position (one only on right-center/ or left-center). It actually doesn't work that bad, just slightly more freedom for the opposing MC which isn't covered, but not as much as the space created in your tactic (IMO).

There was a big tactic in FM11 or 12 that had that formation and got a lot of hype on the SI forums. Except I think it used MR/ML instead of AMR/AML. I would actually use MR/ML if you plan to use this but I know you have an advanced winger fetish . German boy.

Comment

If there's only 1 striker, I feel the wingers have to be advanced. It's more Dutch than anything. With 2 strikers, I use ML/MR. I've actually been kicking around in my head something like this

Last edited by Nimreitz; 15-03-2013, 10:29:PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X